Jurassic World 2015

Spacewalker95

I think the gates with T Rex, jeeps with Triceratops or other Dino, and some kind of velociraptor ambush are all safe bets. The pterodactyl cage makes sense - maybe even the "airboat" attack from 3rd movie too. Funny thing is how they may have to work hard to avoid too much similarity with the previous Dino theme...

There will probably be a set that includes the gates with the huge double doors that you enter the park through. That seemed to be pretty iconic.

I can realistically see this constructed with the big doors similar to Battle at Black Gate, Helm's Deep, or Mines of Moria, and imagine the gate would be roughly as high as the T-Rex from the Dino line standing upright. It would include three to four minifigures and a small vehicle of some sort. If there was no vehicle or secondary build then three minifigures, the gate, and dinosaur for $20-$25.

• 3 weeks later...

It's official.

FYI...

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/1219-dino-theme-discussions/?p=344663

LEGO Jurassic World Sets Officially Announced

Universal Partnerships & Licensing announced yesterday, what has been rumoured for a while: The LEGO Group is an official licensing partner for Jurassic World. The movie directed by Colin Trevorrow and starring Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard will premiere on June 12th, 2015. The partnership between LEGO and Universal includes the release of several construction toy sets to be released in May, 2015 and supposedly also a video game.

The press release quotes Jill Wilfert, The LEGO Group

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I am re-reading the original Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton after fifteen years of having first read it...

Man, it is good. A couple bucks pre-owned on Amazon. For any other literary buffs on the forum, I highly encourage the read- has me very fired up for the next movie installment, and Lego line to follow. Have high expectations for both.

More possible legit info...

LEGO Jurassic World Dinosaur Mold Images

Looks like at least some molds from the 2012 Dino theme are being reused (which isn't a bad thing).

News report:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-jurassic-world-dinosaur-mold-images/

Eurobricks source (post) of the report :

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98450&st=300#entry2055304

This better happen. I am getting way too excited. I will literally buy the whole theme day 1.

Jurassic Park is in my top 5 movies of all time. My favorite set until now has been the Dino Defense HQ.

Be honest, how excited did you get when they tweeted the picture of that broken sign? We've been waiting 20 years to find out what happened to that shaving cream canister. Damn you Spielberg!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Trailer:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4

I'm still not sold on the genetically modified dinosaur but I love the old music here and Chris Pratt.

Looks like it will be a pretty good movie but I don't think it fits in with the old ones. Seems like they took a little to "modern" route to fit with the other movies. The old ones were awesome and as you said Im not sold on 1 genetically modified dinosaur wrecking the whole island and killing everything. Seems more like a Transformers movie. lol

From the Trailer the film itself looks really good. There was just no way for the Park to be created to look like this 20-25 years ago, even 10 years ago with the last film it wasn`t possible. I`m sure most fans have always wondered at the back of their minds what exactly Jurassic Park was supposed to look like when finished, now we all get that chance! I`m exacted for that alone if nothing else. 

Looks like it will be a pretty good movie but I don't think it fits in with the old ones. Seems like they took a little to "modern" route to fit with the other movies. The old ones were awesome and as you said Im not sold on 1 genetically modified dinosaur wrecking the whole island and killing everything. Seems more like a Transformers movie. lol

Haha good point, not sure how the plot will play out, hopefully they don`t screw it up and from the trailer, looks like they`ve set it up to fail. Oh well, 6-7 months from now we`ll get to see for sure!

Love the giant Plesiosaur looking thing grabbing the shark like Shamu.  The idea of guard raptors is odd, but I suppose you put a little German Shepard dna in there and they can do anything. 

The original was the only good one so far so my hopes are not high for this.

What a beast! Great idea there if nothing else, and ya I was wondering why they weren`t eating Chris Pratt on the motorcycle at the end there, but hey it looks pretty damn cool!

Agree with you that the first one was the best of the 3, but I still liked them all for what they were, definitely better than a lot of the competition. Will do a Blu Ray marathon of all three before seeing World in theatres, it`s been a couple years since I`ve seen any of them. 

• Like 1

Don't be dissing on my JP.

JP 1,2,3,4, JP Lego, give me more!

This thing looks freaking awesome!

Oh and like its reality that instead of one Dinosaur to take down the whole island you would need 10 dinosaurs.

That would make it so much more realistic right?  Since we need to believe that this all can actually happen? ROFL

A true JP fan will take what they can get, anything they can get.  I'm hooked.   It is four days past my birthday what a gift!

• 2 weeks later...

Orc if you are right, this is the EXACT them ****. Melville was touching on with Captain Ahab versus Moby ****. Leave Mother Nature alone... it may leave you alone. Try to conquer it... and you will epically fail.  

I hope this movie is good. Tired of CGI-gloss and exhausted storylines for previously brilliants films. Regardless of the movie, I believe the Lego sets tapping into it will be of very high quality, and appealing to current/future buyers/investors regardless of what this film is or isn't.