May the Fourth Be With You - 2019

$20 on joe vs dan

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

anyone think those LEgo Minfigure clocks will appreciate?

looks like they are changing the overall design

No and ClicTime is not very forgiving on vero / IP warnings.

Edited by ravenb99

35 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

how is LEGO Shop at Home planning to ship all those posters?

Will orders placed at LEGO Shop even get those posters? as the description of the art print sounds like it will be the same size as the recent Captain Marvel print.

Edited by Andyperkins

13 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

Will orders placed at LEGO Shop even get those posters? as the description of the art print sounds like it will be the same size as the recent Captain Marvel print.

I would actually prefer a smaller version on the thicker card stock...like the millennium falcon posters from a while back.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, fourkidsbuilding said:

I would actually prefer a smaller version on the thicker card stock...like the millennium falcon posters from a while back.

That is exactly what I think the 20th Anniversary art print is, no idea what those posters are that people have been getting in stores.

Edited by Andyperkins

10 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OK, so the posters "rolled up looking like sabers"; are instore only...can anyone describe what's on the posters?

it's a 40 min drive to the nearest store for me so I have to consider the value

thanks

I find a 40 minute drive value for that to be impossible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

OK, so the posters "rolled up looking like sabers"; are instore only...can anyone describe what's on the posters?

it's a 40 min drive to the nearest store for me so I have to consider the value

thanks

Just seen a photo and it’s the same as the 20th Anniversary art print so either they have created it twice (on posters for the stores and art prints for online) or the art print description is wrong and online orders will receive a folded up poster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

FYI: For the Hoth set, supposedly the 20th Anniversary logo and the AT-AT "face" are printed parts. Nice.

And appears to come in a nice solid flip up box like Escape the Space Slug set...

The avengers box is nicer and better quality but still nice

14 minutes ago, stackables said:

Might be the first time I sit this out.  Star Wars just doesn't do it for me anymore.  Prefer an exclusive fig to a mini build.

I was going to do the same, but figured I'd regret missing out on the promos and end up buying them afterwards. Plus of course this is the 20th Anniversary....

Edited by eliminator

4 minutes ago, eliminator said:

I was going to do the same, but figured I'd regret missing out on the promos and end up buying them afterwards. Plus of course this is the 20th Anniversary....

I went w/ the tantive...Double VIP and GWP may be the best deal on it we see.

I may also do a Slave 1.  All the other Aniversary sets (I think) will likely hit real discounts...good chance to stockpile VIP pts for the forthcoming Star Destroyer.

Anyone have a good sense the Aniversary sets will be a 1 year shelf then retirement or languish on retailer shelves for the next 2-3 years?

7 minutes ago, eliminator said:

I am starting to come to the conclusion, 20% is not good enough for a lego set. I can usually find a better deal so I essentially don't get the freebie for free :)

• Like 1

came back from the store... in addition to the promos they were also giving out free y-wing blueprint and han solo (hoth) minifigure (ymmv I think)

the employee said they will restart the avengers tower on Tuesday since they still have a boatload of them.  They were not allowed to run both the star wars and avengers promo at the same time.

Edited by joch29

DVC is my choice. Only available at Amazon and LEGO Shop at Home. Has only been discounted once or twice since it’s release, and it may never see a steep clearance discount due to it’s availability. Throw in the promos with the discounted price and I’m in for a few more.

I wouldn’t mind more Kessel Falcons but $136 is tough to swallow after getting them for $74 this past winter at WM.

9 hours ago, locidm said:

So are the store promo the same as online ones (other than the damaged one you mentioned)? Pondering whether there is an excuse for me to visit the store later today.

I was in store earlier this morning - same deals as online.  I didn't see the blue poster.  I received a red one and they had a box of them (about 18ish). 

Each store will have their own "damaged box" sales though.  I.E. My store was putting out some Winter Train Stations for 20% off.

I was in store earlier this morning - same deals as online.  I didn't see the blue poster.  I received a red one and they had a box of them (about 18ish). 
Each store will have their own "damaged box" sales though.  I.E. My store was putting out some Winter Train Stations for 20% off.

Did your store also give out Han Solo minifig mentioned above?