Jump to content

Changes to the LEGO VIP Program

Recommended Posts

You may want to double check to make

sure you don’t have any other emails on your account. I had $170 in points but when I checked today I had only 11,000 on the new system. Guess my wife’s email was under my account so they split the points. Had to call to get it back right. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cambridge02138 said:

The new point system is actually not as bad as you think.  In fact, in terms of purchasing power in dollar amounts from purchases, the new system is the same as the old system.

Let's take 75192 Millennium Falcon for example.

Under the old system, you earn 800 points for this $800 purchase.  The 800 points are worth $40 under the old system.

Under the new system, you earn 5200 points for this $800 purchase.  The 5200 points are worth $40 under the new system.

I believe that the point system change is made so that Lego could award reduced-value "round-figure" points (e.g., 100, 200, 300, etc.) to members for activities other than purchases.

 

But why make  it so complicated? What was wrong with 1 euro spent = 1 VIP point and 100 VIP Points = 5 euros?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same here. Had enough for $100 USD in points yesterday, now I’m short 1600 to get to the same value.


Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Val-E said:

But why make  it so complicated? What was wrong with 1 euro spent = 1 VIP point and 100 VIP Points = 5 euros?

 

Because $1 is 0.89 Euro.

I agree its convoluted, but VIP needs to be standalone to make the most sense:

$1 = 6.5 VIP points

£1 = 8 VIP points

€1 = 7.5 VIP points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Val-E said:

But why make  it so complicated? What was wrong with 1 euro spent = 1 VIP point and 100 VIP Points = 5 euros?

 

Because the new point system makes it easier for Lego to give away free points for non-purchase activities.

For example, you could get 25 points by indicating your favorite theme(s) under the new system.  The dollar value of the free 25 points under the new system is $0.1923. 

Under the old system, if Lego wants to give away $0.1923 worth of points, then it will have to give away 3.85 VIP points, hardly a "round number"

The new system allows for giving away point for non-purchase activities using "round numbers" such as 25 pts under the new system instead of fractional pts under the old system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

Because the new point system makes it easier for Lego to give away free points for non-purchase activities.

For example, you could get 25 points by indicating your favorite theme(s) under the new system.  The dollar value of the free 25 points under the new system is $0.1923. 

Under the old system, if Lego wants to give away $0.1923 worth of points, then it will have to give away 3.85 VIP points, hardly a "round number"

The new system allows for giving away point for non-purchase activities using "round numbers" such as 25 pts under the new system instead of fractional pts under the old system.

Cool,  so I only have to perform 30 party tricks, do their market research for them and or share my personal data to get the 750 points that entitle me to a 5 euro discount on their full RRP  products? Might as well be a performing bear in the circus- at least I´d get a free meal.

 

Edited by Val-E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Because $1 is 0.89 Euro.

I agree its convoluted, but VIP needs to be standalone to make the most sense:

$1 = 6.5 VIP points

£1 = 8 VIP points

€1 = 7.5 VIP points

Since not many people use SAH as a currency exchange broker, I´d say 1 point per USD/GBP/EURO was much simpler. Hell, they go ahead and use regional pricing to set their RRPS anyway.

Edited by Val-E

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Since not many people use SAH as a currency exchange broker, I´d say 1 point per USD/GBP/EURO was much simpler.

Simpler but more fair internationally. I think it has to do with offering discounts on international things like small discounts on Lego House admission and its easier on Lego to keep it round numbered like @cambridge02138 mentions.

I'll gladly check boxes on the internet or click a link for points I can spend on more than just a % off discount.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are currently in the process of upgrading our VIP Program to give our fans more benefits and more rewards.  
 
To do this, we need to move to a new online Rewards Centre in order to provide you with more opportunities to earn and redeem LEGO VIP points.
  
This involved migrating all of our existing LEGO VIP Rewards accounts from our old platform to the new centre.  We have millions of accounts, and unfortunately during this process not all VIP points information was successfully migrated.  As a result, some VIP accounts are not showing the correct points balance.  
 
Please don’t worry.  No one has lost points.  We have a backup of all points information, and are in the process of fixing the issue.  It will probably take a day or two, but we will make sure everyone’s account is showing the correct points balance.  

In the meantime, please click on some links and don´t forget to like and subscribe to us - you will be well rewarded with a tasty doggy treat.

 

For me, apart from making the points scoring overcomplicated, the other main changes are:

1) Devaluation of any rare promos as they risk resurfacing on SAH now for "free".

2) Less flexibility in using VIP points on items as you now have a gap between 5 and 20 euros, whereas before you could use them in increments of 5.

3) I like the idea of gaining points in other ways and being able to spend them on other things than shop items but the incentives are really really poor for the effort.

4) More convoluted UI.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Finally working for me, looks like I have just over 28,000 points to spend. Will prob grab some Mustang keychains and Iconic VIP sets to quick-sell locally.

Pay attention to the - stupid - fact that you actually have to order something to be able to add the CODE you get when you redeem points for a Mustang Keychain. PLUS: you can only use ONE rewards code per order. So for getting the max of 5 keychains from VIP Rewards, you do in fact have to make 5 separate orders afterwards ...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Pay attention to the - stupid - fact that you actually have to order something to be able to add the CODE you get when you redeem points for a Mustang Keychain. PLUS: you can only use ONE rewards code per order. So for getting the max of 5 keychains from VIP Rewards, you do in fact have to make 5 separate orders afterwards ...

Ouch! That's not fun...thought this was going to be tooooo easy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody have an idea what the collector's value of the Ron Lim-signed Hulkbuster poster might be?

It's 4,000 Rewards Points (worth about 26.67 Euros in real "order/purchase money").

image.thumb.png.d8c3764d7279bb45f68f585191c81ec2.png

Edited by Frank Brickowski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My account says that I have 0 points when it should have about $20 worth. I called lego to ask what happened and they said that some accounts are taking longer than others to convert points over.

I told them that I was wanting to spend some of my points on the VIP promotion set before it sold out like the bat pod. The CS rep said that he was going to go ahead and mail me one of the VIP sets for free. I love Lego CS, they have always been so willing to please in my experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

My account says that I have 0 points when it should have about $20 worth. I called lego to ask what happened and they said that some accounts are taking longer than others to convert points over.

I told them that I was wanting to spend some of my points on the VIP promotion set before it sold out like the bat pod. The CS rep said that he was going to go ahead and mail me one of the VIP sets for free. I love Lego CS, they have always been so willing to please in my experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
 

Yup, the quickest route to getting free VIP points is via CS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alpinemaps said:

Lovely.  I'm stuck in an endless loop of "Sign into your account" -> "Redirecting" -> "Sign into your account"

i've had the same. what worked for me: go to the lego.com page and sign out, then back to the shop site and sign in again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, isawred said:

i've had the same. what worked for me: go to the lego.com page and sign out, then back to the shop site and sign in again.

I'll try that next.  I moved to a different browser, and got in.

I've only got 548 VIP points, so I'm guessing my account hasn't got through the change over yet.  That sounds like my old VIP points number.  I'll have to check my latest receipt when I get home tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

My account says that I have 0 points when it should have about $20 worth. I called lego to ask what happened and they said that some accounts are taking longer than others to convert points over.

I told them that I was wanting to spend some of my points on the VIP promotion set before it sold out like the bat pod. The CS rep said that he was going to go ahead and mail me one of the VIP sets for free. I love Lego CS, they have always been so willing to please in my experience.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
 

I'm guessing it won't be the batpod though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'll try that next.  I moved to a different browser, and got in.

I've only got 548 VIP points, so I'm guessing my account hasn't got through the change over yet.  That sounds like my old VIP points number.  I'll have to check my latest receipt when I get home tonight. 

experienced the same issue. it took forever using chrome, switched to ie and logged in fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm super confused

can someone, in US dollar tell me BEFORE how many VIPs = $1

and now how many pts = $1

sorry just coming off of 3 consecutive 14 hr days at work

Spending

Old System in US: 20 VIP points = US $ 1 redeemed value

New System in US: 130 VIP points = US $ 1 redeemed value

Earning

Old System in US: Spend US $ 1 = Earn 1 VIP point

New System in US: Spend US $ 1 = Earn 6.5 VIP points

Putting Them Together

Old System in US: Buy $100 set, Get 100 VIP points, which have value of $5 

New System in US: Buy $100 set, Get 650 VIP points, which have value of $5 

 

Edited by cambridge02138
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...