Changes to the LEGO VIP Program

legorunner

I (and I'm sure a lot of you) received an email today about upcoming changes to the VIP Program that will begin in about 2 months. The section I found most interesting is this:

"In the coming months, we’ll be launching an online rewards center that will introduce some new ways to earn and spend VIP points.

I know it probably won't amount to much, but it would be interesting to see some sort of program that allows you to purchase VIP exclusive sets through the rewards center. I'm also curious about additional ways to earn VIP points. 

Also, not a problem for me, but for those of you who have had your points expire in the past: "All your existing VIP points will still be available and worth the exact same value. All your points will be valid for at least 18 months. We’ll reset the clock on all your points every time you earn or spend any points, so you can use them for longer. Yay!" 

VIP cards are now going digital (welcome to 2019 LEGO!)

1 hour ago, legorunner said:

I (and I'm sure a lot of you) received an email today about upcoming changes to the VIP Program that will begin in about 2 months. The section I found most interesting is this:

"In the coming months, we’ll be launching an online rewards center that will introduce some new ways to earn and spend VIP points.

I know it probably won't amount to much, but it would be interesting to see some sort of program that allows you to purchase VIP exclusive sets through the rewards center. I'm also curious about additional ways to earn VIP points. 

Also, not a problem for me, but for those of you who have had your points expire in the past: "All your existing VIP points will still be available and worth the exact same value. All your points will be valid for at least 18 months. We’ll reset the clock on all your points every time you earn or spend any points, so you can use them for longer. Yay!" 

VIP cards are now going digital (welcome to 2019 LEGO!)

actually will miss the card thing...getting mine all the way from Budapest, Hungary...I made a big deal of it w/ the boy and even turned it to a learning moment by looking up where the card originated.

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

The VIP points expiring timeframe reset is a good change. I had $85 in VIP points expire in Dec but I didn't get an email notifying me. Called CS and they credited the points back to me. Advice for people who lost points without notification. 

I had the same thing happen to me back in Dec. Will give this a try, thanks for the tip.

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2019 at 11:58 AM, oneknightr said:

The VIP points expiring timeframe reset is a good change. I had $85 in VIP points expire in Dec but I didn't get an email notifying me. Called CS and they credited the points back to me. Advice for people who lost points without notification. 

Just finished online chatting with lego CS. I was able to get my 800expired pts added back to my account.  Total noob mistake, wont be happening again. Thank you for this tid bit.

On 3/27/2019 at 2:40 PM, lodibricks said:

I'm almost surprised VIP points could sit around long enough to expire. Mine don't usually make it past the first $5. ?

I was attempting to save up for the GBHQ before it retired.  needless to say i failed miserably.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

RED ALERT you can buy the Mustang key ring too.

The new system whereby 750 points per 100 spent equating to 5 discount = clusterfock.

Now I need Stephen Hawking to calculate if it is better to use points when there is 2xvip.

Edited by Val-E

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

RED ALERT you can buy the Mustang key ring too.

The new system whereby 750 points per 100 spent equating to 5 discount = clusterfock.

Now I need Stephen Hawking to calculate if it is better to use points when there is 2xvip.

The new point system is actually not as bad as you think.  In fact, in terms of purchasing power in dollar amounts from purchases, the new system is the same as the old system.

Let's take 75192 Millennium Falcon for example.

Under the old system, you earn 800 points for this $800 purchase.  The 800 points are worth $40 under the old system.

Under the new system, you earn 5200 points for this $800 purchase.  The 5200 points are worth $40 under the new system.

I believe that the point system change is made so that Lego could award reduced-value "round-figure" points (e.g., 100, 200, 300, etc.) to members for activities other than purchases.

Edited by cambridge02138
  • Like 2