Need some EBay selling advice?

jbacunn

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

If someone is creeped out I don't really care cause I'm creeped out having someone else in my warehouse

Why wouldn't you just meet them at the local gas station down the road if that was an issue?

I've sold plenty of sets on CL and have never had anyone come to my home.

Just now, iahawks550 said:

Why wouldn't you just meet them at the local gas station down the road if that was an issue?

I've sold plenty of sets on CL and have never had anyone come to my home.

Time,  like I said it's not usually an issue.  If I don't want them there I just say I don't do pickups.  Usually boils down to what the item is.  

59 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Simply sell elsewhere, there's no better eBay advice TBH.

LOL. Dude, seriously give it a rest. I mean, c'mon, your advice is to completely ignore the second largest online market entirely? We get it, you suck at lego reselling and hate eBay. Give it a damn rest already. There are thousands of businesses that are full time on eBay and make a very good living at it (many of whom I know personally) get over yourself and shut up.

Edited by Migration
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

LOL. Dude, seriously give it a rest. I mean, c'mon, your advice is to completely ignore the second largest online market entirely? We get it, you suck a lego reselling and hate eBay. Give it a damn rest already. There are thousands of businesses that are full time on eBay and make a very good living at it (many of whom I know personally) get over yourself and shut up.
I shudder to imagine what you REALLY think :)
  • Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

Speaking one's mind rattles one's cage. I own a sign business that has LESS overhead (rent excluded) than eBay per sale. It's a lot of work right now, but I'll hopefully be sitting back in a couple of years with a manager running it for me. Remember that US reseller margins are way higher than those in the UK according to buy-in boasts on here.

People don't realise that the UK and US markets are chalk and cheese. It's up to the Gung Ho brigade to understand that.

I'm off to get a Warninks now and then a Croft Original before bed... G'nite y'all.

Speaking one's mind rattles one's cage. I own a sign business that has LESS overhead (rent excluded) than eBay per sale. It's a lot of work right now, but I'll hopefully be sitting back in a couple of years with a manager running it for me. Remember that US reseller margins are way higher than those in the UK according to buy-in boasts on here.

People don't realise that the UK and US markets are chalk and cheese. It's up to the Gung Ho brigade to understand that.

I'm off to get a Warninks now and then a Croft Original before bed... G'nite y'all.

Why do we need signs, when nobody leaves their home?

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, Val-E said:

Cats are notoriously compliant with written signs, right? Or is there an electric fence behind?

Nah... I've just buried a few drawing pins in the compost ?

Out of the three, two of them do have a problem with reading.

Guest TabbyBoy
45 minutes ago, hippielego said:

remember when you had a hissy fit about a cat riding a vacuum cleaner and said it was borderline torture?  Now you joke about hiding pins for cats to step on.  You're an idiot.

I volunteer for an animal welfare charity and that clip could've easily ended badly for the cat as I've dealt with a lot of cruelty cases via the RSPCA. I can't see you giving up your time to help anybody, only yourself.

Assuming your school doesn't teach you this:

? Winking Face

A yellow face with a slight, partially open smile and its left eye winking (right on WhatsApp). Signals a joke, flirtation, hidden meaning, or general positivity. Tone varies, including playful, affectionate, suggestive, or ironic.

You clearly have a problem with your cerebrum's dexterity and I know of somebody you can talk to. Remember, I'm here to help anybody. I can give you my international freephone number if you like and you can call me as I've also worked with other mentally impaired people. Your issues will be a doddle to fix and I only charge £50 +VAT for the first hour.

Edited by TabbyBoy

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Brand new to this forum, but I have been collecting mini figures for some time & have a few boxes of old series.

I have just listed a full box of sealed series 4 mini figures on ebay - but when you search for 'series 4', other versions of mini figures pop up first.

Any tips or hints?  I have scheduled to end this Saturday.

Thanks

Jon

gCCdEt8gRdWLUeqQRwb0zg.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I have an order from Puerto Rico which apparently doesn't fall under international shipping which I don't offer. I do offer free shipping however. Ebay shipping label quote is $49 for a $98 set. Can I use priority rate flat rate to PR? Also where can I find game board size flat rate boxes without having them shipped to me? How do I avoid this in the future?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

3 hours ago, firstofminifigs said:

I have an order from Puerto Rico which apparently doesn't fall under international shipping which I don't offer. I do offer free shipping however. Ebay shipping label quote is $49 for a $98 set. Can I use priority rate flat rate to PR? Also where can I find game board size flat rate boxes without having them shipped to me? How do I avoid this in the future?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

You should be able to use USPS Priority Mail boxes. If you don't want them shipped to you, you'll be stuck with whatever's available at your post office.

Can I use priority rate flat rate to PR?

Yes

Also where can I find game board size flat rate boxes without having them shipped to me?

I have not seen any PO carrying these.  You may want to try the biggest PO in your area on Tuesday.  Otherwise you may need to ask other sellers in your area

I don’t sell a lot but I have a about 12 used sets I am going to put up within the next few weeks for Christmas. I have some pretty sought after sets, older modulars and winter village sets. I usually do buy it now but with such popular sets am I likely to get a better deal doing auctions?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

No.

If they’re truly sought after, name your price and list it. Auction is too risky unless it’s ultra rare in my opinion.
Too say it slightly different (but same intent): if an item is rare and in high demand, an auction works well. In any other scenario, I'd recommend setting a target price, and potentially allowing best offers (with a minimum amount set using the auto-decline feature).