10189 - Taj Mahal

stackables

I think the crawlers bp value new will be about $425. I also think it is going to grow faster then the used Taj Mahal. So for TWO I would say hold. For one that is a better trade for you now. Though in 7 years the crawler may be worth more. You'd be trading Bryce Harper for Miggy Cabrera now though :)

1 crawler= for sure. 2 crawlers= silliness

I offered a Crawler and any of the items that I currently have listed on eBay. Among them I have a Queen Anne's Revenge and a Venator-Class Republic Attack Cruiser, all of the BNIB. He said he wouldn't go through as he was looking for the cash and no sets.

I'd rather keep the two Crawlers for a bit and then reap the rewards. Maybe when I sell them I'll come across another great deal as this one.

What would you do without a doubt?

Just in case I haven't been clear, I have a Crawler and was asking a used Taj Mahal seller if he wanted to trade a Crawler for a TM.

If there was someone who wanted to trade their taj for one of my crawlers, i would do that with out a doubt. The Taj is a much better set and i doubt the crawler will ever be worth as much

• 1 month later...

I haven't built the Taj, but to me that doesnt look like even half the pieces. I think it's likely the seller started to build, realized how many parts had been lost over the years, and gave up.

Might be a good start toward bricklinking each set, but it's difficult to gauge the value based on six angles of the same boxes.

Maybe you could ask the seller to spread out the pieces and take a few more photos.

I would pay $2,000 at most for the lot if the sets were for a personal collection. Brickpicker values price all those sets at $3,231.47. But it does look like that there are some pieces missing, so that may be a problem. For investing, $1,500 MAX. The possible sight of missing pieces is not very good and it looks like that there is at least 50% of each set in the lot. Also, according to Brickpicker, the whole lot should weigh about 51.64 pounds. The listing says that it weighs 40 pounds so there is about 10 pounds of pieces missing. That being said, it would not be worth it to buy the while lot for $1,000 for investing. I do not know how many Lego pieces are in one pound, but trying to find 10 pounds of Lego pieces is not fun, especially if you are bricklinking them.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

has any one noticed when a listing is posted here their, view/per hr and watchers, usually jumps drastically.  I'm just wondering if it's making some sellers not want to take best offers, after all the attention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...