Speed Champions 2018

warezz

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, whoisbiggles said:

75884-1: 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback marked as retired at Lego UK on Brickset - surely a typo?

Must be. Just checked on U.K  SAH & Mustang + Fiesta both showing as back ordered. The Fords are doing well then - no surprise.

wow LEGO wasted no time in yanking the exclusive deal with TRU. 

Woud you waste time?

Oh lord, glad I waited to buy the big $99 set. Heres to waiting on WM discounts for the SC line!!

I used my $25 in TRU reward points on one.

Still feel kinda salty about it.

I lamented with a Lego CS on the phone the I couldn't get Speed Champions with my TRU closing and she said I can order from LEGO Shop at Home.   Then she said Walmart has always had the option to sell the line and they just hadn't chosen to.  Maybe that will be changing now.

20 hours ago, tacsniper said:

well if TRU is still considered to be in business, and if it is truly an exclusive to TRU, wouldn't the exclusive deal still be in effect until TRU is officially dissolve?

...except TRU is no longer in the business of buying inventory.  The exclusivity contract may have had all sorts of requirements placed on TRU, like minimum purchases per quarter, or perhaps mandating that TLG be paid for their inventory in a timely manner.  I'd guess that contract might as well line the bottom of a bird cage at this point.  Who is left to hold TLG accountable?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

How did you work out the SKUs?

Periodically, I enter a handful of special search terms into B-Seek looking for clues on upcoming or unannounced releases.  If the search yields results, the UPC and SKU automatically come back in the search results.  I did just now test the one of the SKUs by going to W-Mart . com, finding any Lego listing and going to the product page, then replaced the SKU at the end of the URL with one of the ones in the screenshot I posted (even if parts of the URL still reference a different set).  Press Enter and it refreshes the page and does pull up what looks like a legitimate placeholder listing with no picture and "This item is no longer available" (which really means this item is not yet available).  I think as part of the sales and inventory planning process Wal-Mart must prepare their databases in advance.  Before technology like B-Seek, Wal-Mart's process kept the new listings rather hidden.  Now days with the new tools, the old process is inadvertently revealing clues to those interested enough to search for them.

Search terms I use every couple months searching Wal-Mart via B-Seek . com:

Lego 2018, Lego 2019, Lego IP, Lego conf, Lego confidential...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

Periodically, I enter a handful of special search terms into B-Seek looking for clues on upcoming or unannounced releases.  If the search yields results, the UPC and SKU automatically come back in the search results.  I did just now test the one of the SKUs by going to W-Mart . com, finding any Lego listing and going to the product page, then replaced the SKU at the end of the URL with one of the ones in the screenshot I posted (even if parts of the URL still reference a different set).  Press Enter and it refreshes the page and does pull up what looks like a legitimate placeholder listing with no picture and "This item is no longer available" (which really means this item is not yet available).  I think as part of the sales and inventory planning process Wal-Mart must prepare their databases in advance.  Before technology like B-Seek, Wal-Mart's process kept the new listings rather hidden.  Now days with the new tools, the old process is inadvertently revealing clues to those interested enough to search for them.

Search terms I use every couple months searching Wal-Mart via B-Seek . com:

Lego 2018, Lego 2019, Lego IP, Lego conf, Lego confidential...