10260 - Downtown Diner

DadsAFOL

12 minutes ago, Mathew said:

they have the production capabilities then why “retire” a set?

here's the new piece of information...LEGO realizes that they don't actually need to hold to some archaic standard of "production capabilities"..."Perceived Scarcity is good for business; the new players are

"Preorder Peter": Great forecaster of a  popularity and killer of early scarcity...the hero of fans who detest waiting in lines and spending money they haven't earned yet

"TOOS Timmy": the great cry baby who allows LEGO to to keep 3x the "production capabilities" than past years...TOOS to perpetuity: TOOS Tim is the maker and breaker of Perceived  Scarcity. LEGO Shop at Home's best friend.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

makes no sense...on any level

if re-releasing modulars was ever a plan...why Diner out of so many better possibilities?

if it's laziness (logistical efficiency)...ie re-releasing a set that they can readily produce...but then why even retire it? it's not like LEGO made any kind of binding "promise"..and ofcourse plenty of examples of reneging on "hard to find" retiring soon" labels. This is not like the Saturn V which was brought back due to "popularity"...I don;t think that was ever "the plan" prior to Saturn's retirement.

The ONLY reason I can think of is a strategic offensive against resellers

exactly. why retire it when they still banging them out. just leave it on the shelf. if the route lego is going down is to instantly re release retired sets, lego is finished.

i'm calling bollox anyway, if it gets extended thats 1 thing, to retire it then bring it back within weeks is pathetic

a lot of the Chinese whispers is just plain attention seeking.

• Like 1

Ok Ok if the diner pops up again then why not let the beetle come back too!!!

Wait it literally has just popped back up for ship in December, nothing will retire this year at this rate arrr.

I seriously think the diner is going to get extended I just feel it. Beetle could also haha

9 minutes ago, raulaco said:

It will be back at least in america.

In all honestly though I would love to hear peoples predictions on this set.

Who here actually thinks this will retire this year?

I think its gone. ITs just not as popular as other modulars. I did some research into ranked lists of modulars and i think most ppl had this at #7 or #8 of best modular in the series. It also doesnt quite fit the look of the series stylistically. Why the heck would they keep this one?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

It also doesnt quite fit the look of the series stylistically. Why the heck would they keep this one?

I like the look of it. It’s Art Deco meets Googie architecture   The steps leading up to the 2nd floor are ridiculous looking however  

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

Back in stock at John Lewis. Am I correct in thinking that the Lego group is still producing this set in the EU. John Lewis has repeatedly got stock in while the Lego group has it as sold out on there site. Theres no way they keep finding stock, it's been so many times. 

Smyths was recently restocked online/ inshore aswell 

• 3 weeks later...