10260 - Downtown Diner

DadsAFOL

• 9 months later...
3 minutes ago, binary_storm said:

I noticed this is tagged as "hard to find" on LEGO SAH UK. Does that mean anything? For comparison, pretty much all of the modulars are similarly tagged, except for Assembly Square.

Means nothing. They usually tag expensive exclusives with this. Could possible stand for 'Hard to find enough money to pay for it' 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, binary_storm said:

I noticed this is tagged as "hard to find" on LEGO SAH UK. Does that mean anything? For comparison, pretty much all of the modulars are similarly tagged, except for Assembly Square.

They do this with most direct to consumer (D2C) sets. It's hard to find because they don't stock them on shelves except LEGO retail stores (and previously TRU). Most big retailers carry them online though (Walmart, Amazon, Target). 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Everybody & their grandma bought it already. There goes a 10251/10246 Scenario. They just cranked out too much.

I agree and stopped buying them during the summer.  I think if things stay or tend back to normal the returns will be like other modulars have trended.  But heading into flu season it could very well spike up again.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SLL said:

rumor says 10260 will discontinue as planned but will be rereleased. not sure if it's true ..........

makes no sense...on any level

if re-releasing modulars was ever a plan...why Diner out of so many better possibilities?

if it's laziness (logistical efficiency)...ie re-releasing a set that they can readily produce...but then why even retire it? it's not like LEGO made any kind of binding "promise"..and ofcourse plenty of examples of reneging on "hard to find" retiring soon" labels. This is not like the Saturn V which was brought back due to "popularity"...I don;t think that was ever "the plan" prior to Saturn's retirement.

The ONLY reason I can think of is a strategic offensive against resellers

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

can u share source. seems unbelievable. Why would they release this modular before some of the others.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

makes no sense...on any level

if re-releasing modulars was ever a plan...why Diner out of so many better possibilities?

if it's laziness (logistical efficiency)...ie re-releasing a set that they can readily produce...but then why even retire it? it's not like LEGO made any kind of binding "promise"..and ofcourse plenty of examples of reneging on "hard to find" retiring soon" labels. This is not like the Saturn V which was brought back due to "popularity"...I don;t think that was ever "the plan" prior to Saturn's retirement.

The ONLY reason I can think of is a strategic offensive against resellers

Heard it from another source but can't share it, sorry. I very much hope it's not true, just like I said I am not sure of it.

want to see if anyone on this forum will concur this