75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

10 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

i don't know Ed and longshot.  10179 is already 32"x23" and weighs 20 pounds.  something even 10%-20% less in scale still doesn't really make it accessible enough for kids  / AOFLs to place minifigs in interior.   there will be lots of reaching around to avoid knocking off elements (like playing twister) plus it will need major structure improvements to handle the weight of pressing down in interior areas and lifting the top exterior panels.  basically, Lego designers would need to figure out how to make the Hasbro Big MF using Lego.  the BMF's design / plastic  is strong.

I just don't see it unless Lego only has 2 interior areas (cockpit and another interior portion).

I see your point from a design angle, but I don't think a $800 set is designed for kids...even spoiled ones.  They have had 10 years to design a new one.  I think they could come up with some creative ways to strengthen the frame and include some inner compartments.

• Like 1

As previously mentioned, I can confirm that it has an interior and I have seen pics of it that someone who is certified master builder had on their phone.  Hence, not a complete remake and thus I don't think the values will be significantly impacted.  Hoping to pick one up at a discount at a later date.  There will be a haircut, but I doubt it will be similar to those that we saw with 10188.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, LahH001 said:

As previously mentioned, I can confirm that it has an interior and I have seen pics of it that someone who is certified master builder had on their phone.  Hence, not a complete remake and thus I don't think the values will be significantly impacted.  Hoping to pick one up at a discount at a later date.  There will be a haircut, but I doubt it will be similar to those that we saw with 10188.

How do you estimate it compares size-wise with 10179 ? Is it about the same size? Or smaller?

If your info is true (no judgement, just saying), then it's gamble time with 10179. As prices continue to plummet, one could pick up 10179 "cheap" and when the new one hits, prices will soar.

It's very risky, and any newbies that are reading this should be very cautious. I personally would not do this because it could burn you if the info given here is wrong.

With something this big, make sure you take rumors with a huge grain of salt.

• Like 1

I dont know about other countries but in the UK they recently did a buy a bit and build the Falcon with a magazine, the engines light up at the back, the entrance ramp moves up and down by a motor and some other nice little features, I cant remember what else it was but it really looks great and the extra little features set it off. It is big though but I have never seen an actual 10179 for camparison. It would be good if Lego incorporated some little bits like that.

I am a tad excited for this set as I was to busy throwing my money in to bars and pubs profits back when the original came out and I could not justify spending upwards of 3k on one recently. Regardless of what is done with it I know I will be spending £600 - £800 pretty soon after release but fingers crossed Lego do enough to satisfy the price tag not just ride on the back of the hype generated by the 10179. Then we can look forward to the UCS Sandcrawler or Ewok Village rehash in 2018 ?

45 minutes ago, brickbuilder77 said:

I dont know about other countries but in the UK they recently did a buy a bit and build the Falcon with a magazine, the engines light up at the back, the entrance ramp moves up and down by a motor and some other nice little features, I cant remember what else it was but it really looks great and the extra little features set it off. It is big though but I have never seen an actual 10179 for camparison. It would be good if Lego incorporated some little bits like that.

I am a tad excited for this set as I was to busy throwing my money in to bars and pubs profits back when the original came out and I could not justify spending upwards of 3k on one recently. Regardless of what is done with it I know I will be spending £600 - £800 pretty soon after release but fingers crossed Lego do enough to satisfy the price tag not just ride on the back of the hype generated by the 10179. Then we can look forward to the UCS Sandcrawler or Ewok Village rehash in 2018 1f609.png

The bit and build Falcon was started a few years ago for people who missed out on the Master Replicas Studio Scale Falcon prop replica. Below is a thread in one of the prop replica forums I follow with more info on it. 

It would be nice if Lego could incorporate light bricks for the engines and interior among other things in this remake. I'm just hoping it's not smaller than 10179. Size matters when it comes to Lego sets. :devil:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1108192

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

The bit and build Falcon was started a few years ago for people who missed out on the Master Replicas Studio Scale Falcon prop replica. Below is a thread in one of the prop replica forums I follow with more info on it. 

It would be nice if Lego could incorporate light bricks for the engines and interior among other things in this remake. I'm just hoping it's not smaller than 10179. Size matters when it comes to Lego sets. :devil:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1108192

Light bricks for the engines would sell me.  To me, the Falcon's stern (back) was always the sexiest part of the ship.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Light bricks for the engines would sell me.  To me, the Falcon's stern (back) was always the sexiest part of the ship.

I have one of those Hasbro BMF's with all the parts and the original box.  The back end lights up, flashes during takeoff, there's engine sounds, and sound clips from the movie.  I'd be willing to trade for cool UCS sets.

BMF.JPG

15 minutes ago, longshot said:

Lego needs to join forces with these guys and start producing some crazy lighting effects in the more expensive sets.

Why? Lego is primarily a building toy and we know what happened the last time they lost sight of that. Better to leave the bells and whistles to Hasbro and the likes.

56 minutes ago, LahH001 said:

Didn't see a full on shot of the entire ship so but it looked like it was similar size to 10179.

Did it seem having a similarly detailed exterior as 10179, or did you see some simplifying for the sake of interior or playability? If it has less detail in one aspect, I am not that worried.