75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I was going to respond with a rolleye emoji only, or something else snarky or educational about what are general feelings are, but decided not to feed that troll.

At this point,  the performance of SOH, PS and other recently retired exclusives is much more worrying. And what about the poor folk who have 10129 snowspeeders?

Edited by Val-E

10218 has been on the market for ages it shouldn't surprise the fact that people were stock piling them for some time, it was a very long run and will take significant amount of time before will start performing in the way we are expecting.

At this point,  the performance of SOH, PS and other recently retired exclusives is much more worrying. And what about the poor folk who have 10129 snowspeeders?

There are still some deals going through at insane prices on eBay. An unopened one went for almost £1000 a few days ago. What are some people smoking?

Hardcore collectors will still pay up for new sealed sets. Prices will still come down (you can start seeing it already on EBay) but people who bought at msrp will still make a killing. It's just the people who paid collector prices or are hoping to sell used or bricklinked versions without manuals/stickers and the rare parts who are in for pain.

2 hours ago, KShine said:

Somewhere out there, there is a very sad soul, who purchased every single 10179 that they could find.

To those who would say "I'm happy, I don't have any, so It's a great thing for me" - No, it's not a great thing for anyone.

The total valuation loss of the held 10179's will pale in comparison to the overall loss of set values (and potential values) in general.

Yep...The secondary market as a whole will be affected if the main collectible sets are  being re-issued, but the UCS STAR WARS sets will take a huge hit.  The UCS theme will never be the same.   It's a trickle down effect.  People have been given plenty of opportunities to sell their 10179s, but the theme will lose its status as the top of the LEGO food chain if the new version is the same or better than the original.  The new version will never appreciate anywhere close to the 10179.  There will be some quick flip money to be made with early shortages, but unless it is uber-expensive or a short production run, you are better off looking to non-STAR WARS sets.  

The knockoffs don't help either...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I was going to respond with a rolleye emoji only, or something else snarky or educational about what our general feelings are, but decided not to feed that troll.

Im saw it too the other day on eurobricks, just like you was going to respond but decided to ignore. I think he is a member here too, waiting to see him post here again.....

Edited by Lordoflego

23 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Stash just reassured the appearance of a white Leia, Dark Blue Han, and a tan c-3PO along with a circular dish 

also nearing $800

Asking people to pay $800 for one set could be called "very confident" if TLG's business was on the upswing. But it isn't. In the current situation releasing a $800 set looks like TLG are thinking they're "bulletproof", being so sure that whatever they offer the fans, they will love it (and buy it, no matter what the price is). Their self-awareness seems a bit off if the price rumour is true. Currently I would expect to see some modesty from them instead of such (alleged) pomposity. The way down may be closer than it appears.

Edited by Frank Brickowski

Asking people to pay $800 for one set could be called "very confident" if TLG's business was on the upswing. But it isn't. In the current situation releasing a $800 set looks like TLG are thinking they're "bulletproof", being so sure that whatever they offer the fans, they will love it (and buy it, no matter what the price is). Their self-awareness seems a bit off if the price rumour is true. Currently I would expect to see some modesty from them instead of such (alleged) pomposity. The way down may be closer than it appears.

I would call $800 "cocky." LOL. A bit over the top...but if it is a 6000+ piece set, it would definitely create a buzz and would set up an interesting dynamic within the LEGO world once again. Some will be able to afford it, some won't.

Regardless of whether it is $600 or $800, unless this thing really sucks it is a DAY 1 purchase for me.  Can't Wait.  I have rued selling mine for a long time, but needed to free up money and had nowhere to display.  I doubt very much that I'll end up with more than a couple copies of this one, but it will be bought. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

It's not even out yet, but I'm wondering how much profit it will make after it goes EOL.   :thumbsd:or:thumbsu:

Depends on the dreaded sticker sheet.  They will probably make you wrap a sticker all around the front of the cockpit or some crap.  Obviously it will never be 10179, probably closer to 10240.  It will rise after it retires in 2023, but it will be slow after the initial jump.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Depends on the dreaded sticker sheet.  They will probably make you wrap a sticker all around the front of the cockpit or some crap.  Obviously it will never be 10179, probably closer to 10240.  It will rise after it retires in 2023, but it will be slow after the initial jump.

In for 3

• Like 2

An Ultra premium line wouldn't be the worst thing.  It's happened in other collectible markets and usually the first ones did well.  Then they will over do that niche and the latter ones will fail.  I don't mind paying for something that is kickass.  It's when they cheap out on the product and still charge a lot that I pass.

• Like 1

Actually, stash wasn't the first. This is from April 2. Google translated it for me.

http://zusammengebaut.com/lego-star-wars-millennium-falcon-75192-2017-im-anflug-23945/

LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon 75192: 2017 in the run?

LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon | © Andres Lehmann / zusammengebaut.com

Follow this fall of the LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon 75192 on the Millennium Falcon 10179? And if so, what will it cost? How many minifigures are there?

In 2007 appeared the first UCS edition of the Millennium Falcon along with its 5,197 parts enjoys a cult status. But since our interview with LEGO Chief Marketing Officer Julia Goldin we can save ourselves from inquiries hardly. And always the same question: Ms. Goldin had stressed the Millennium Falcon can be reissued - you know exactly?

We have provided the interview with Julia full length online and deny you nothing, not a single sentence. Some of the world's leading English LEGO websites have picked up our interview, even GIFs created by the corresponding interview passage, and sometimes quite angry if the new speculation responding. True to the motto: Every year this theater around the Millennium Falcon of the Ultimate Collector Series. Well, we've covered all the questions and answers of the interview the same and got wind yesterday, of course, of all the April Fools. So much excitement in our galaxy, and felt seems all about Han Solo and turn his spaceship.

New LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon: Ready? © Andres Lehmann / zusammengebaut.com

I would ask at this point just for your understanding that we at here zusammengebaut.com can give No further information about a LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon 75,192th But I would also like at the weekend as part of the great LEGO exhibition Bricks by the sea , lie to anyone, yes, we know what appears UCS Set in autumn 2017th We will in this regard but only concrete and express in great detail once LEGO itself leaves the Falcons out of the bag.

The focus is in any case first of all the first UCS Set of the Year: The LEGO Star Wars Snowspeeder 75144 , to which we are delighted.

The year 2017 remains rocky. ?

Andres Lehmann

Leadgitarrist bei „The Rolling Bricks“

Also, Lego's LEGO Chief Marketing Officer Julia Goldin kinda let the cat out of the bag.  Go to 4:50 of the video.    

When she replied 'possible' she could hardly contain herself and keep a straight face. I'd love to play poker with her!

Also as part of her remit, she's in charge of product development so ultimately it's her call. Done deal as far as I'm concerned.

While most cheering for the remake ('can't wait to buy one!'), reading the development of the remakes of 10129 (soon coming in flesh as 75144) and this one, I couldn't imagine how those holding 10179 feel losing thousands of dollar per set. Either they've kept silent or only so few of them that they probably don't come to BP.

I'd certainly love to have a 10179 MF but learning about its remake is inevitably heartbreaking. This is a risk and yet very daring step TLG is willing to take. On one hand, it risks the majority of LEGO SW fans losing faith in sets' value while at the same time grateful given the chance to own one of the legendary sets. The loss by this factor alone could be a big price to pay and probably won't be compensate by the 10179 remake's profit. Either they have collected a handful of data (sale, fairs, forum discussion...) of every MF release since 10179 to back up the decision or they were just being dumb and reckless. But I think neither...

On the other hand, this could be TLG's (or Julia's) stabbing that sword right through the reselling market without any mercy. By releasing the one of the most high-profile, iconic (again, legendary) SW set (skipping other possible candidates), it reaches the 'star' and announces the war. The aftermath put all other sets in jeopardy as well. Potential buyers are not going to go too high for long retired set but wishing for a re-release. I guess that price of others may start showing decreases several months after 10179 remake even though there's no re-releases known of. This is probably what TLG likes to see and why the executive decision was made. It isn't afraid of decreasing its 'credibility' on sets' appreciation, even not giving a dime, and in a way, wants to put LEGO sets true D2C with playability, not collectibility. A true toy company - well, for this, it should really start to drop its PPP.

PS. I doubt the remakes of the landscape series would ever happen. Too bad that Taj Mahal is safe coz I could certainly have one. lol But yet, who knows...

Edited by cissi
  • Like 1