75189 - First Order Heavy Assault Walker

CM4Sci

Apologies for the really crap cutting and pasting, but when I saw this set originally, I thought ugh, the OT At-At is so much better, but side by side I don't think it looks too bad. A bit more Battlestar Galactica than the original At-At, which isn't all bad.

I do think the box art for The Last Jedi sets is horrible though, don't like the white at all.

ryhhythtrhtrhhh.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, siddji said:

I am just trying to understand what the upsetness is about. Is it the design or that it was just another remake like the death star?

again, this is just my opinion.  the out result is clearly not lego's fault.  lego just followed the design art / stills given to them.  heck, i'm sure the scenes with this super-sized "planet of the apes" AT-AT cool will be cool during the movie 

the lego model just looks like a regular AT-AT mashed with something that didn't make the Chima cut and then finished off with a michael bay inspired transformers bearded face.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

I do think the box art for The Last Jedi sets is horrible though, don't like the white at all.

I totally agree. The white boxes were horrible last time they did them, and they are horrible once again. I personally think the 2010 - 2011 style (e.g., 7965) was the best-looking art.

7965-Millenium-Falcon-Illustration.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, I feel like I'm the only knew who likes this set and the box art. 

Looks heaps better and more detailed than any AT-AT we've gotten before.

Im tired of hearing the "unoriginal" argument cause whether or not they make a new vehicle or base something off an old vehicle people ***** and complain. Whether the whole movie would have the old OT ships or have an entirely new wave of ships people would still fight! 

Ive never owned an AT-AT before but I instantly fell in love with this model when we saw it in May!!

Its very interesting seeing the giant variety of opinions on this wave. I've seen people say the FOSD is their favorite (which I personally find a bit boring, even though they are getting better at interiors for these ships) or that they don't like any of the sets except the Scout Walker. 

22 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Its very interesting seeing the giant variety of opinions on this wave. I've seen people say the FOSD is their favorite (which I personally find a bit boring, even though they are getting better at interiors for these ships) or that they don't like any of the sets except the Scout Walker. 

I don't mind this set (hate the box art), but if you really want to get me annoyed mention the FOSD again, cause that set has all sorts of vitriol lined up on the tip of my tongue ready to go. What a hideously boring looking set.

4 hours ago, Rodeogeorge said:

I can't believe I'm typing this...my money is going to ninjago.

I've said this before - LEGO's most creative designers are on Ninjago.  LEGO's best designers are on Star Wars - because they continue to rehash stuff and are able to change it up enough to make it somewhat original every time.

24 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

LEGO's best designers are on Star Wars

LOL sorry but what? Honestly SW sets are boring, never once has a build stunned me (the FOHAV is a major improvement but it's not Destiny's Bounty levels of amazing) 

I prefer the location based playsets, and even still those have not been great. I`ve had to make them myself!! :P 

I'm going to grab one since I missed the original AT-AT.  I know I'm in the minority opinion but I do like how it really looks like a lumbering gorilla.  Maybe it'll swat those pesky Rebel scum!  

Nope, I'm with you as well. I love it, day one purchase for sure.

Too many people on here clearly need to move on from Star Wars Lego. They dislike everything.

I've said this before - LEGO's most creative designers are on Ninjago.  LEGO's best designers are on Star Wars - because they continue to rehash stuff and are able to change it up enough to make it somewhat original every time.

I said that wrong. Lol

LEGO's best designers are on Ninjago. Their most creative designers are in SW.

Because it takes some real creativity to figure out a new way to make another A-Wing, MF, that is not an exact duplicate but has just enough tweaks to it.

Where the hell are you going to tweak it? That's the challenge.

And until Lucasfilm starts pumping out truly new designs, they have nothing better to do that rehash rehash rehash.
  • Like 1