Jump to content

75189 - First Order Heavy Assault Walker


CM4Sci
 Share

Recommended Posts

To me, it's scary how little imagination has been displayed by LucasFilm so far.  Neaely every vehicle including this one is clearly based on something from the OT.  This vehicle is another rip-off.   Maybe the First Order found full factories and factories of unused Death Star, Tie-Fighter and At-At parts...

As a Lego set, it looks too much like a Transformer.  I'm passing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

To me, it's scary how little imagination has been displayed by LucasFilm so far.  Neaely every vehicle including this one is clearly based on something from the OT.  This vehicle is another rip-off.   Maybe the First Order made factories and factories of unused Death Star, Tie-Fighter and At-At parts...

I can never understand this argument. Look at modern military vehicles, have they changed that much from their predecessors, no, they've just gotten bigger. Look at aircraft carriers or tanks, basic look or shape hasn't changed much since world war 2.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TabbyBoy

LOL - what were they thinking?

I've had it with the rehashed junk from Disney studios, they are as bad as the Chinese for ripping off a classic trilogy. TFA and R1 were both dire, I'll not be paying to watch the 3rd knock-off. The special effects may well have been superb, but they don't make up for a plotless, boring story.

C'mon Disney... You're better than that!

LEGO... What's next, a UCS Jar-Jar?

The more I think about this, the more I think that the OT should've just been left alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

I can never understand this argument. Look at modern military vehicles, have they changed that much from their predecessors, no, they've just gotten bigger. Look at aircraft carriers or tanks, basic look or shape hasn't changed much since world war 2.

i would 100% agree with you if George Lucas didn't rehash vehicles for the prequel films.  granted, he prob spent too much on creating more original vehicles and too little on plot / dialog.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

I can never understand this argument. Look at modern military vehicles, have they changed that much from their predecessors, no, they've just gotten bigger. Look at aircraft carriers or tanks, basic look or shape hasn't changed much since world war 2.

i would 100% agree with you but George Lucas didn't rehash vehicles over and over for the prequel films from the OT.  So the real life military progression of hardware doesn't hold water here in my opinion.

granted, he prob spent too much on creating more original vehicles and too little on plot / dialog.

note: even hasbro with their gi joe line during the 1980s didn't rehash previous vehicles as much as SW lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TabbyBoy
46 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

I can't believe I'm typing this...my money is going to ninjago.

I think that could be a good move as the new Destiny's Bounty looks amazing and I've just ordered one. Any fan of Oriental junks will need one of these!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest TabbyBoy
46 minutes ago, Rodeogeorge said:

I can't believe I'm typing this...my money is going to ninjago.

I think that could be a good move as the new Destiny's Bounty looks amazing and I've just ordered one. Any fan of Oriental junks will need one of these!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...