40178 - LEGO VIP Promo

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Cheese said:

Try clearing your cookies and temp internet files and log out. Failing that try another browser.

Already tried on iMac, iPad and PC laptop. Same on all browsers. My iMac always clear cookies and other junk on boot as it’s my “banking and trading” machine.

A friend had the same problem today.

I think their website is struggling under the 2xVIP traffic.

26 minutes ago, Hayttees said:

I just ordered Destinys Bounty and nice poly for my collection. 

Lucky you, I’ll try again after midnight when the website is hopefully quieter.

3 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Already tried on iMac, iPad and PC laptop. Same on all browsers. My iMac always clear cookies and other junk on boot as it’s my “banking and trading” machine.

A friend had the same problem today.

I think their website is struggling under the 2xVIP traffic.

I had that problem when I placed orders on 10/1 or so. Error on every page. Was able to proceed and submitted order. Error then too and submit order screen never finished graphically submitting the order. But it all went through.

On 10/9/2017 at 11:39 PM, thedingman5 said:

Right there with ya...personal record for Freebies...spent $127, double points and five freebies!  Nothing too special (VIP excluded), but free is free!!!

image.thumb.png.85464eb646345bd658e7a2e881d6bd51.png

And, 36 hours later, delivered! Box chock full of minty freebies! And, yes, the VIP poly is crazy huge.

11 hours ago, bagalux said:

Currently €24-€30 on BL, 59 sold with an avg. price of €21 - hm, kind of thought it'd be even higher, considering the $120 buy-in

There's always an undercutter to drag prices down. Same is happening on ebay UK. Two days ago it was happily going for 29.99 now someone has dropped in at 24.99.

Never really understand the logic. Whenever I list anything  on ebay I tend to target being the second or third lowest price rather than undercutting the lowest so i drag the market up not down. 

Edited by Fenix_2k1
  • Like 1

Just now, Fenix_2k1 said:

There's always an undercutter to drag prices down. Same is halving on ebay UK. Two days ago it was happily going for 29.99 now someone has dropped in at 24.99.

Never really understand the logic. Whenever I list anything  on ebay I tend to target being the second or third lowest price rather than undercutting the lowest so i drag the market up not down. 

No, you drag the market down, too...

Lowest price:

Your price: 

Then another guy thinks in the same way as you did and makes his own second best price:

Result:

All prices approximate to the lowest one...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Lowest price:

Your price: 

Then another guy thinks in the same way as you did and makes his own second best price:

Result:

Economics 101 here :) That's why I tend to keep all the promos and sell it for a decent price in a year or so. It will be a nice addition for somebody when they already buy something from you on Bricklink then and the price will probably be around 30.

2 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

Lowest price:

Your price: 

Result:

Still better than me going 19 and next going 18. I tend to find on most sets the logic works, my item sells within a few days when the lower ones have gone and when I list same item again I put the price up by a few pounds.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

There's always an undercutter to drag prices down. Same is happening on ebay UK. Two days ago it was happily going for 29.99 now someone has dropped in at 24.99.

Point of view from someone who has sometimes undercut when selling minifigures. I have a certain idea of acceptable profit in my head. If my buy-in is low enough (and it will be otherwise I wouldn't have bought in) I can undercut, ensuring a fast sale, while still making good money. I'd rather sell an Admiral Thrawn minifigure for £15 quickly than have to wait two months to sell it for £16.

Guest TabbyBoy
19 minutes ago, John82 said:

People listing at £19.99 now. 

They may as well as they'll be £9.99 within a week or so. The secret with promos is to keep them for a year and then sell at the max ;-)

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, mauro23 said:

You are wrong. Prince of Persia polybag was bigger...

I’m right as I’ve not seen the Prince of Persia polybag ;-)

I've got mine today with purchases. Packaging of this type for the promotional item with entry level of 100GBP  is a clearly a joke, they've used the cheapest polybag material to pack 100+ pieces set with both printed and with stickers sheet inside which after some flexing the bag you can expect some dents on stickers because there is no hard surface to keep the sticker sheet seperated from the rest of bricks. Brickvault provided some missleading information about the printed parts there. This set offers you one printed part which is register/till. Shelf boxes are all stickers.

Big let down especially seeing on sale Friends 40266 for 2.99GBP packed in nice small box 100+ pieces as well.
Without the exclusive Lego Employee minifig in that poly, I wouldn't even bother myself.

20171013_001659.jpg

• Sad 1