40178 - LEGO VIP Promo

Just now, mauro23 said:

Yes, he did - a LEGO guy from upper management has give this info to him.

My feeling is the same as for TabbyBoy - it will disappear soon...

No, that was the original reason they gave. Later they said they were going to give more info about the precise source.

I guess we are as likely to get that info as we are to get  a good reason why it is retiring soon from you guys! I don´t believe the "Lego have a specific target number of sets/production runs to make and once that is achieved it retires" reason. If so, T1 and Tower Bridge would have been smoked years ago.

Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Val-E said:

No, that was the original reason they gave. Later they said they were going to give more info about the precise source.

I guess we are as likely to get that info as we are to get  a good reason why it is retiring soon from you guys! I don´t believe the "Lego have a specific target number of sets/production runs to make and once that is achieved it retires" reason. If so, T1 and Tower Bridge would have been smoked years ago.

Nobody knows what LEGO are thinking. All we know is that those up top don't have a clue about supply and demand. Who in their right mind would set limit 5 for 21309 and limit 3 for 75192 knowing that scalpers will max out hoard them? At least ramp up production to flood the market for the first year like they do with Star Wars and Super Heroes crap! It's obvious to all that 21309 and 75192 will always be in demand. Do LEGO not talk to people or conduct market research?

This tells me that LEGO are admitting that resellers are probably their biggest customers.

A company in very, very big trouble I think.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

If 21309 comes back, it'll be gone again within minutes. This is the most in demand set ever - PERIOD.

I'm not so sure. Last time it was in stock anywhere (John Lewis), it was available for several days. Now maybe fewer people were aware of this, but it was hardly kept a secret. My greater suspicion is that it will be a long while before it does come back, since they are also hurrying to catch up with 75192. That set has a note on its shop page, 21309 does not.

1 hour ago, Captain_chaos said:

I'm not so sure. Last time it was in stock anywhere (John Lewis), it was available for several days. Now maybe fewer people were aware of this, but it was hardly kept a secret. My greater suspicion is that it will be a long while before it does come back, since they are also hurrying to catch up with 75192. That set has a note on its shop page, 21309 does not.

3 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

I have a feeling that 21309 is done.

2 hours ago, JM123 said:

A friend of mine has still 2x 21309 on backorder, Lego sent the 2 sets by accident to a wrong adress in another country so they told him they will deliver it when the next production run is finished. He already paid for it. Of course, Lego can cancel this order any time but it is unlikely at this moment.

VIP promo is on the way, sweeeeeet.  Demand looked high so I was ready to make my order.  Of course the gift card option was throwing an error code so i had to call to place the order to not miss out on the the poly.  The gentlemen I talked with was very nice.  I decided to take the plunge and ask if he has heard any news on the 21309 fore front and if it will be avail for 2xVIP.   He started by chuckling and saying funny i mention it, they were just talking about it at the CS area he was in.  He said the next shipment will be even larger than the last.  That has been their model, make more each time and each time they sell out. So this time, they are making even more and hoping to get the right number to fulfill all the people who want/need one and remain in stock.  He said next shipment (fwiw) is due to arrive most likely end of this week, begining of next week.  Meaning there is a good likely hood this will pop up before 2xVIP ends. Just need to keep those eyes peeled.  Most likely the VIP poly wont last and lloyd and cave people will be over.  Ahhhh welll, the goal is to get this on dubVIP?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

He started by chuckling and saying funny i mention it, they were just talking about it at the CS area he was in.  He said the next shipment will be even larger than the last.  That has been their model, make more each time and each time they sell out. So this time, they are making even more and hoping to get the right number to fulfill all the people who want/need one and remain in stock.

Please stop making so much sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Codes said:

Hmmm...seems the VIP Store promo is no longer adding to cart (Canada).  Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Seems to be adding now.

Same almost happened to me and I was about to rage. Then I actually signed into my VIP account then it automatically popped up. I was durrr.

And now the buy in for tic-tac-toe is $20 Friends purchase to make up for lack of keepsake boxes.

Was gonna check out if I could muster any deals from shop at home but I guess their VIP system is down, was yesterday when I tried as well (???). Also when I'm browsing and try to hit next page it often just bumps me to the top of the current page and will never bring me to the next. Have to exit page, clear all filters, etc. Think it has something to do with the convoluted filtering options which are sometimes automatically enabled and not obvious. 

Lego can do a lot right, but web user interfaces continually is not one of them (I'm looking at you bricks and pieces). 

Still at 4 promos and 2x VIP for today? 
- tix tac toe $20 friends 
- VIP 
- Lloyd fig 
- Iconic cave

Edited by Muffin Cup
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Size comparison to other recent polys. Is this the biggest bagged set ever? It really would have been a nice boxed set. 

IMG_3932.JPG

It is a sign of LEGO being cheap.  In previous years the classic minifigs bonuses (pirate, astronaut, castle soldier) came in small good looking & sturdy boxes 

:P

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

The mini T1 was a good polybag and fetched good money. I prefer bags as no complaints about microscopic box damage. It’s still free so don’t knock it ;-)

35 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

It is a sign of LEGO being cheap.  In previous years the classic minifigs bonuses (pirate, astronaut, castle soldier) came in small good looking & sturdy boxes 

:P

That was exactly my thought - cheaper.  Why place a bag inside a box when they can give it away inside a decorated bag?

Same almost happened to me and I was about to rage. Then I actually signed into my VIP account then it automatically popped up. I was durrr.
And now the buy in for tic-tac-toe is $20 Friends purchase to make up for lack of keepsake boxes.
Hmm I logged into my account and it's not adding for me

Guest TabbyBoy
5 minutes ago, GenMaster said:

I try to place an order on lego store online, but I dont see the Oct10-25 mini VIP lego set as gift. has anyone ordered anything this week to confirm?

You mean the 75192? I had to place an order over £100 to qualify for the VIP set in the UK.

Guest TabbyBoy
8 minutes ago, Muffin Cup said:

Are you guys able to log into your VIP account? For me it's saying the service is unavailable (been like this for 2 days now). 

Pretty hard to get the VIP promo or order if I can't login. Bogus. 

I've been getting a lot of this today even when using PayPal:

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 12.28.03.png

I was hoping to order another Destiny's Bounty today, but I can't order anything.

LEGO..... Get your act together or go home!

Edited by TabbyBoy

I've been getting a lot of this today even when using PayPal:
59de44fb7985c_ScreenShot2017-10-10at12_28_03.png.e40e5c4ca41a82411c17c127db20a049.png
I was hoping to order another Destiny's Bounty today, but I can't order anything.
LEGO..... Get your act together or go home!

Try clearing your cookies and temp internet files and log out. Failing that try another browser.