Very collectible item...

Ed Mack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Is the MBA something worth opening and building if you still think about it as an investment? or something that should be left MIB for potential investment?

I'd like to try out the program, but I also do believe it would be a great investment in the future.

Thanks

I like them as both...but if I had to chose one, they are meant to be built honestly. They are really nice little sets and you get a lot for the money. Safest LEGO investments are usually themed sets, like STAR WARS or Harry Potter sets. The Collectible Mini Figures look like winners also.

These are nice little sets, the true value of them might just be in the deluxe manuals that accompany each set. They are all 80+ pages and printed on high quality paper stock and are more like instructional reference manuals than assembly directions. Very cool all by themselves. One frustrating thing about the MBA sets is that you cannot order them all at once, e.***. if you order MBA 2 (sets 2-6) you must wait the two months for each set even though they have all been previously released. Though if you order MBA 2 and MBA 3 (sets 7-9) at the same time you would receive two sets every two months. MBA 4 comes out in November and also looks good!

These are nice little sets, the true value of them might just be in the deluxe manuals that accompany each set. They are all 80+ pages and printed on high quality paper stock and are more like instructional reference manuals than assembly directions. Very cool all by themselves.

One frustrating thing about the MBA sets is that you cannot order them all at once, e.***. if you order MBA 2 (sets 2-6) you must wait the two months for each set even though they have all been previously released. Though if you order MBA 2 and MBA 3 (sets 7-9) at the same time you would receive two sets every two months. MBA 4 comes out in November and also looks good!

Excellent points. The manuals are very nice. MBA 3 looks even more appealing with the Castle theme and story book manual to go along with it.

• 4 months later...

I think the MBA sets will be good sleepers. A lot of people will initially miss the boat on them (including investors.) As people catch on to the MBA theme, they will want to go back and get the ones they missed. These probably won't sky rocket in value, but if an investment makes you money, it is worth doing.