TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

I'll let you know as soon as those 2013 Chima sets get marked down.

If you are a store in my area, forever. I can still pay retail for Turtle Lairs, Chima and Ultra Agents.

That's what I was afraid of. I remember seeing the xmen set like 10 dollars cheaper a few weeks ago and that was the only thing clearanced. Guess I'll wait for some magic to pick that stuff up.

F TRU in the goat arse right now. I too am sitting on one of those 20% coupons (and gc) but practically nothing is msrp (or, god forbid, on sale) to buy. Went thurs to grab either arkham or an architecture set I need and everything was still over-inflated. 

Anyone know when the prices go back to normal? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, brickzoor said:

F TRU in the goat arse right now. I too am sitting on one of those 20% coupons (and gc) but practically nothing is msrp (or, god forbid, on sale) to buy. Went thurs to grab either arkham or an architecture set I need and everything was still over-inflated. 

10252 Creator Expert Volkswagon RRP would be a decent pickup with coupon.

5 hours ago, brickzoor said:

Just do a price match to LEGO Shop @ Home.  https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Arkham-Asylum-70912

Not a sale, but the GC will work with the price match. I've had decent luck getting coupons to work in addition if you are polite about it.

1 hour ago, Mr_Coat said:

Just do a price match to LEGO Shop @ Home.  https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Arkham-Asylum-70912

Not a sale, but the GC will work with the price match. I've had decent luck getting coupons to work in addition if you are polite about it.

I could certainly try that (or to their own website which is msrp) but I have had pretty poor luck at the one store. Will try this at a different one this week!

Does a set end up on the floor if you order online and then cancel when it's ready for pickup?

My assumption would be yes. Why would they pay to ship it back to the warehouse? Macys would put it on the floor.
But I don't think they typically ship to the store. When you choose "store pick up" from tru, you are picking up something they already have in stock at that store. It's not "ship to store" like at Sears/Kmart.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, donbee said:

My assumption would be yes. Why would they pay to ship it back to the warehouse? Macys would put it on the floor.
But I don't think they typically ship to the store. When you choose "store pick up" from tru, you are picking up something they already have in stock at that store. It's not "ship to store" like at Sears/Kmart.

Rats. I hate my local TRU. They don't have a lot of good sets. I don't think and TRUs locations in the South East have big sets like SC and the Porsche. 

Wanted to mention that one of the $10 TRU pickup rewards I received last month had a typo. The e-mail subject said $10, the graphic in the e-mail said $5. Scanned in store as a $10 reward. Just sharing in case any of you have not noticed this yet, so don't panic. It worked fine, at least in my case.

On 1/8/2017 at 9:06 AM, brickzoor said:

I just found Architecture Sydney Skyline at RRP...everything else though, it seemed anyway, was like WHOA, holy hot air inflatable prices, Batman!

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1

On 1/8/2017 at 9:06 AM, brickzoor said:

FWIW - If you HAVE to spend the 20% coupon (These are NOT recommendations)... I know it won't retire for a while, but 60052 Cargo Train just came back in stock yesterday at $139.99 ($199.99 RRP).  With GC and points I'd be just under $100 including tax + 30546 polybag ($4).  60118 Garbage truck is $22.99 ($3 over RRP, but look to be retired)  And there's always 75912 (40% of RRP)

Edited by FM

I've always been able to buy a GC and pay with up to 4 other GC's online.  You can add a electronic gift card and set the amount to whatever value you want.

It usually takes 3 hours or so to process.

You don't get reward points for such purchases (this changed in the last couple of months).

BTW, you can do the same for Target, but you have to purchase at least one other non-GC item.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AZNSalinas96 said:

Anybody have any idea where I could pricematch the mystery machine from? I found at the back of a rack in good condition I thought I'd grab it. They also have disney minifigs tooemoji57.png

Only available listing I know of is at KMart, $32.99, and not available for shipping.

2 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

Does anyone recall what the lowest price was on the Star Wars Rebels Combat Frigate (75158)?  I seem to remember it being maybe $99.99 for a week or two in the fall.  

I'm waiting for it to go on sale again so I can pick up an Ahsoka Tano but I can't find any resources online to see what the price has been.  

$89.99 during a stretch there for Bricktober I believe.