Biggest development in Lego Investing 2016

Val-E

Biggest development in Lego Investing 2016  

218 members have voted

1. 1. What was the most important development in the investment market in 2016?

• Death Star remake
    • Cloning of retired sets with acceptable quality
    • Relaxation of banning/discounting policy by TLG
    • Oversupply on the secondary market
    • Amazon selling policy review/gating
    • Exchange rate fluctuation
    • Other (please state in thread)

Thanks for voting everyone. Perhaps I should have added the point about extended life of some items that sell well but that already started years ago. Same for alerts. BP members increase is the same as oversupply in my view.

They are not all negative points, exchange rate changes will benefit UK sellers and Euro buyers and relaxation of banning policy is good for most.

Edited by Val-E

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

Thanks for voting everyone. Perhaps I should have added the point about extended life of some items that sell well but that already started years ago.

They are not all negative points, exchange rate changes will benefit UK sellers and Euro buyers and relaxation of banning policy is good for most.

If the exchange rate of the GBP recovers it will be the other way around. 

Interesting times.

• Like 1

The real problem with Brexit and the pound is the uncertainty. No-one knows how things will look in a couple of years from now. Will there be tariffs to and from sales with the UK? How will this effect EU prices? It's hard to formulate any kind of plan with so many different potential scenarios.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ciglione said:

Yeah... but Tabby is already cornering the market in the UK.

Unless he is using USD to pay we are buying cheaper than him. Plus he has made some interesting choices of steed. If TBBT turns out to be popular for instance.

Just now, tractorboy said:

The real problem with Brexit and the pound is the uncertainty. No-one knows how things will look in a couple of years from now. Will there be tariffs to and from sales with the UK? How will this effect EU prices? It's hard to formulate any kind of plan with so many different potential scenarios.

Buy buy buy seems a good plan now! Wall-E´s for half pricei in  euros are a no brainer even for a washed up pessimist like me.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Unless he is using USD to pay we are buying cheaper than him. Plus he has made some interesting choices of steed. If TBBT turns out to be popular for instance.

Buy buy buy seems a good plan now! Wall-E´s for half pricei in  euros are a no brainer even for a washed up pessimist like me.

No half price Wall-Es/Ectos/TBBT near me unfortunately. Where have you been buying them?