Black Friday 2016

MrToes16

When the doors at my local mall opened, 1000+ people were blitzing in and sprinting. Hordes of teenagers. Majority of them seemed to make a break for a massive line outside "lululemon" - which, to the best I could tell, neither sells LEGO nor had a minifig promo.

LEGO b&m oddly empty, more staff than customers...

Gives me hope.

You didn't balance that properly - no free snowglobe on the second transaction? Come to it, I see no snowglobe listed on either receipt ....

They just forgot to scan in the snowglobe. They refused to give me a second one so I dropped an item off the second order. I talked to several employees there and they all had the fear of getting in trouble with corporate.

went to honeyhole walmart in Northampton MA and scored 11 10697 Creative Towers at 11:15 am on black friday.  I left 4 crinkled ones behind for timmy.  I couldn't believe they had any stock but I went to the one walmart that is kind of off by itself without any adjacent stores or near any malls.  There are 5 stores within 30 miles radius all located near malls or a target.  also Northampton is sort of a crunchy granola anti-corporate town whose citizens eschew contributing to the wage inequality by undermining local businesses by shopping at a  megamart.  something to keep in mind if you happen to pass by an out of the way walmart today - these were on the end of the lego aisle.

IMG_3512.JPG

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, STLBH said:

They just forgot to scan in the snowglobe. They refused to give me a second one so I dropped an item off the second order. I talked to several employees there and they all had the fear of getting in trouble with corporate.

funny had no issues at all doing two transactions at two different stores, around here.

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Yep, I'll be buying mine for $7.99 here in a couple weeks.

got 3 more, buying a fantastic beasts story pack and ET (so a total of 5 Green Arrows).

Already managed to sell 4 of them to break even on all the dimensions packs so the last one I sell will be gravy.  

May go back to a store later and get the Tina  Goldstein pack for completion's sake (and since it's basically free anyway after selling the *** polybag).

If I didn't have to shlep around my 3 year old with me today I would just keep hitting up Gamestops. alas...