2017 Sets list - Rumoured

7 hours ago, Deadfraggle said:

Man I always like your thoughtful posts, but I need a dislike button today.

Just because you only like technic sets these days that's no reason to bag on my Creator 3-in-1 sets. I think for $30 to $80 price points, most of them are outstanding. At any rate, I'd hardly call them "turds"

I was speaking from an investment standpoint, as they are probably one of the worst lines around. Granted, Technic isn´t much better but the larger, more complex Technic sets have more AFOL appeal and are easier to sell, provided buy-in is low.

I like the new City dragster set and the Architecture cityscapes too, BTW!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

I was speaking from an investment standpoint, as they are probably one of the worst lines around. Granted, Technic isn´t much better but the larger, more complex Technic sets have more AFOL appeal and are easier to sell, provided buy-in is low.

I like the new City dragster set and the Architecture cityscapes too, BTW!

I was just giving you a hard time.

From an investment standpoint you're probably correct. I just really enjoy the 3-in-1 sets like vacation getaways or the bike shop for personal builds. I've got the entire series of buildings. I'm also a big fan of the creator brick built animals. I'm sort of neutral on the planes, boats, helos, cars, etc.

I've only just started building technic myself this year. I haven't bought any for investment yet, because I don't have a strong knowledge of the product line and it's performance in the secondary market.

I'd assume it's the flagship sets that do well, but at this point, I can also see that market being overplayed like the modulars or other exclusives.

....and that city dragster was very nice BTW.

• Like 1

Courtesy of CM4sci, I´ve seen the prelims for the following Technic sets.

Helicopter‎ (42057) – 14.99 (gyrocopter)
Stunt Bike‎ (42058) – 19.99  (pullback)
Stunt Truck (42059) – 19.99 (pullback)
Street maintenance set‎‎ (42060) – 19.99 (mini excavator and dump truck)

Telehandler cherry picker (42061) price TBC (another small scale set strictly for the kiddies)
Container Transport‎‎ (42062) – 49.99 (articulated truck with 2 shipping containers -truly horrible as far too small scale to do it justice)

BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Bike (42063) – 49.99 (nothing special apart from the official licence)

Searching Ship‎ (42064) – 89.99 (lots of panels, bigger scale 31045 with  mini chopper and exploration vehicle. Don´t care for it myself.)
RC Tracked Racer‎ (42065) – 79.99 (pretty low part count, seems to be all about PF)

No pics of the 1H flagship model, which is supposed to be a fighter jet and will have PF. Let´s hope that poor 1H models make for excellent 2H ones, like this year!

18 hours ago, Val-E said:

Courtesy of CM4sci, I´ve seen the prelims for the following Technic sets.

Helicopter‎ (42057) – 14.99 (gyrocopter)
Stunt Bike‎ (42058) – 19.99  (pullback)
Stunt Truck (42059) – 19.99 (pullback)
Street maintenance set‎‎ (42060) – 19.99 (mini excavator and dump truck)

Telehandler cherry picker (42061) price TBC (another small scale set strictly for the kiddies)
Container Transport‎‎ (42062) – 49.99 (articulated truck with 2 shipping containers -truly horrible as far too small scale to do it justice)

BMW R 1200 GS Adventure Bike (42063) – 49.99 (nothing special apart from the official licence)

Searching Ship‎ (42064) – 89.99 (lots of panels, bigger scale 31045 with  mini chopper and exploration vehicle. Don´t care for it myself.)
RC Tracked Racer‎ (42065) – 79.99 (pretty low part count, seems to be all about PF)

No pics of the 1H flagship model, which is supposed to be a fighter jet and will have PF. Let´s hope that poor 1H models make for excellent 2H ones, like this year!

I personally like the look of the research ship(42064). but then again, i am slightly biased.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Finally, we get a Mushroom Island for Minecraft. Unfortunately that probably makes the Mooshroom from The Crafting Box a former exclusive now. Nether Railway, I have no idea but interesting and could be another opportunity for some Zombie Pigmen, Blazes, and/or Wither Skeletons or perhaps Magma Cubes or even Endermen considering they can spawn in The Nether after a recent update. Soon I expect a couple additional designs based around The End what with End Cities, Ender Ships, Shulkers, and Chorus Plants.

Glad to see Nexo Knights still charging forward alongside the Elves theme. As usual a few of the establishments for Friends' Heartlake City sound intriguing between a Pizzeria, Sports Centre, and Photo Studio. With or without names, I am always curious as to what will be in the Creator line even if a few of the designs do turn out similar to something released previously. We have already seen the Police force of next year's City line so fingers crossed for the civilian vehicles.

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

<snip>

Glad to see Nexo Knights still charging forward alongside the Elves theme.

<snip>

I noticed quite some gaps in the Nexo Knights numbering, so there must be a whole range of sets coming out that Shopko does not have yet. Sounds to me like that theme is very much alive and kicking. Missing set numbers 70349, 70351-70361, 70363-70365, 70367-70371. That's 20 missing set numbers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

It´s alive and kicking in Lego´s annual account balance but not on kiddies´s xmas lists.

I was in a toyshop the other day and grandma and grandpa were looking for a gift for their grandchild. Grandpa told to grandma he could not understand why the grandson was so excited about Nexoknights. 

Just sayin'

• Like 3

Minifigure info for some of the Batman Movie sets. I'm curious if Clayface is regular minifig scale.

Joker Balloon Escape (70900) – Includes The Joker and Batman

*Mr. Freeze Ice Attack (70901) – Includes Batman, Mr. Freeze, Security Guard

Penguin Car (70902) – Includes Batman and The Penguin

Riddler Car (70903) – Includes Batman, The Riddler, Margaret Pye, Calendar Man, Kiteman.

Clayface (70904) – Includes Batman, Mayor, Clayface

*The Batmobile (70905) – Includes Batman, Robin, Man-Bat, and the Kabuki Twins

*The Joker’s Notorious Lowrider (70906) – Includes Batgirl, The Joker, and Harley Quinn

Killer Croc (70907) – Killer Croc Bigfig, Batman, Zebra Man, and Tarantula

Scuttler (70908) – Includes Batman, Dick Grayson, Commissioner Gordon, Barbara Gordon, Poison Ivy, and The Joker

*Batcave Break-In (70909) – Includes Batman, The Penguin, Bruce Wayne, and Alfred Pennyworth

Catwoman’s Motocycle (70910) – Includes Catwoman , Batgirl, and Robin

Penguin’s Limo (70911) – Includes the Penguin and more

*Arkham Asylum (70912) – Includes Batman, Robin, Aaron Cash, Dr. Harleen Quinzel, Barbara Gordon, Poison Ivy, The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Catwoman, and two GCPD officers

1 hour ago, Elkkthunder said:

Shopko links are dead

Not really, they get you to a "we are working on this" page - which was the case the moment I spotted them. These listings should have never been up on Shopko's production site, but somebody goofed up. I'm sure they have images as well somewhere, at least they didn't goof up on those :)

5 minutes ago, Elkkthunder said:

What's the release date for batman stuff?

I'm guessing all these are Jan 2017 releases, you might see some of these pop up on Target/TRU shelves towards Christmas unless those retailers have tightened up their stocking policies.

Edited by Phil B

1 hour ago, Ciglione said:

I was in a toyshop the other day and grandma and grandpa were looking for a gift for their grandchild. Grandpa told to grandma he could not understand why the grandson was so excited about Nexoknights. 

Just sayin'

I like that grandpa (said in Han Solo TFA style)

14 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Not really, they get you to a "we are working on this" page - which was the case the moment I spotted them. These listings should have never been up on Shopko's production site, but somebody goofed up. I'm sure they have images as well somewhere, at least they didn't goof up on those :)

I'm guessing all these are Jan 2017 releases, you might see some of these pop up on Target/TRU shelves towards Christmas unless those retailers have tightened up their stocking policies.

Didn't the December shop calendar mention this being one of the the new product ranges appearing in December along with Moana and DC Superhero Girls?

Edited by Fenix_2k1

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Minifigure info for some of the Batman Movie sets. I'm curious if Clayface is regular minifig scale.

Based on the trailer, I'm thinking they'll probably go the Groot route and make him a brick built characterclayface.PNG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Does anyone have any info on the Goblin King mentioned in the Elves sets? Are they going to reuse the Goblin King from The Hobbit with a slightly different set of prints?

That is brand new info. The previous rumor was leprechauns.

Riddler Car (70903) – Includes Batman, The Riddler, Margaret Pye, Calendar Man, Kiteman.
*The Batmobile (70905) – Includes Batman, Robin, Man-Bat, and the Kabuki Twins
*The Joker’s Notorious Lowrider (70906) – Includes Batgirl, The Joker, and Harley Quinn
Killer Croc (70907) – Killer Croc Bigfig, Batman, Zebra Man, and Tarantula
Scuttler (70908) – Includes Batman, **** Grayson, Commissioner Gordon, Barbara Gordon, Poison Ivy, and The Joker
*Batcave Break-In (70909) – Includes Batman, The Penguin, Bruce Wayne, and Alfred Pennyworth
Catwoman’s Motocycle (70910) – Includes Catwoman , Batgirl, and Robin
Penguin’s Limo (70911) – Includes the Penguin and more
*Arkham Asylum (70912) – Includes Batman, Robin, Aaron Cash, Dr. Harleen Quinzel, Barbara Gordon, Poison Ivy, The Joker, The Riddler, Two-Face, Catwoman, and two GCPD officers

Sounds like awesome sets with good minifigs in each. Can't wait for the pics.
  • Like 1

that's a lot of DC sets and that's exciting, but gotta say I'm disappointed with the new variety of figs.  Not many new ones in there.  Clayface I'm excited about but i really just want him to be a big fig.  I dislike the Groot build and such. I don't know what's in the penguins limo but it's probably a small set so don't expect many figs there.  Hope to see some pics soon.  

Edited by DenJ91