2017 Sets list - Rumoured

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

t´s between 75140 Resistance Poop Transporter or 75094 Imperial Shuttle Turdroom. The Force will help you decide.

With a pretty short 1 year (January 2016 - December 2016) availability, and the currently only minifig of General (former Princess) Leia, I wouldn't call the 75140 a turd. Especially if you got it at 40-50% discount. :)  

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

The 41317 Friends Catamaran (RRP £69.99?) does look interesting but, remember that the 41015 Dolphin Cruiser (RRP £59.99) has been a dreadful performer meaning that you'll still be making a loss after fees if you were silly enough to buy it at RRP as it sells for only a little over that. IMHO the maximum that anybody should pay for any Friends set is -50%, not a penny more. The days of buying at or close to RRP are long gone.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

The 41317 Friends Catamaran (RRP £69.99?) does look interesting but, remember that the 41015 Dolphin Cruiser (RRP £59.99) has been a dreadful performer meaning that you'll still be making a loss after fees if you were silly enough to buy it at RRP as it sells for only a little over that. IMHO the maximum that anybody should pay for any Friends set is -50%, not a penny more. The days of buying at or close to RRP are long gone.

Agreed, even at 50% there are only one or two sets in the current line up that I would consider

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, Val-E said:

Here´s a nice video that summarises all the sets on display. As mentioned, no SW or exclusives. The blue creator car looks quite big.

The guy even had someone cover the Princess sets with his hand... what the heck? None of the big themes were photographed, not even Friends or Elves! Those aren't even licensed! 

Lot of Star Wars UCS 2017 chatter on other sites at the moment with some teasers from informed insiders. To summarise:

1. Not two but three UCS sets

2. First one will be delayed Snowspeeder

3. There will be a Falcon but not a remake of 10179 (assume some playset dimension but then again could be cheesehead gate all over again)

4. Third set is something we've a. never had before b. not a playset c. spherical. So could be BB-8, Starkiller base.

17 hours ago, LahH001 said:

Lot of Star Wars UCS 2017 chatter on other sites at the moment with some teasers from informed insiders. To summarise:

1. Not two but three UCS sets

2. First one will be delayed Snowspeeder

3. There will be a Falcon but not a remake of 10179 (assume some playset dimension but then again could be cheesehead gate all over again)

4. Third set is something we've a. never had before b. not a playset c. spherical. So could be BB-8, Starkiller base.

Three UCS sets to make up for a failed 2016 in the Star Wars UCS range. :) 

- Greatly looking forward to the new Snowspeeder and hope it will be awesome !

- Regarding the Falcon ... I speculated before that a new UCS Falcon could be positioned both in size and in price between the current playset 75105 and the huge 10179 set. More accurate and detailed than the 75105, but still a set with play features and with minifigs added for play-ability sake.

- I'm guessing a BB8 set here, simply because (A) BB8 proved to be hugely popular in Episode VII and (B) we're getting more BB8 scenes in the upcoming Episode VIII !

• Like 1

On 2/1/2017 at 4:33 AM, Haay said:

With a pretty short 1 year (January 2016 - December 2016) availability, and the currently only minifig of General (former Princess) Leia, I wouldn't call the 75140 a turd. Especially if you got it at 40-50% discount. :)  

Plus, it's a cool little build.  Man, I wish Val-e would just quit.  I respect some of his opinions, but lately he's just trying to live up to his avatar, and it's become highly annoying... Sometimes it seems like a terrible act.

• Like 9