Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
31 minutes ago, scuttfarkas said:

There's a simple disconnect with many of the people on this site; namely that they forget that LEGO are primarily still a child's toy and that people are producing children every year...and that those children want LEGO models of their various favorite things (Fire Departments, Helicopters, Star Wars vehicles etc. etc.).  The idea that they'd keep iconic Star Wars vehicles off the shelves to placate collectors/resellers is absurd and would be horrible business. 

I don't think there are many people here that don't get that(you'd have to be an idiot or completely ignorant not to), but they don't have to like it, either.  There's a reason City Helicopters are the biggest butt fumble joke on this board.  This board is also not a kid's site.  We're here to collect and make money.  Harder to do that when it's the same rotation year after year. 

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

We all know that Lego is going to release what sells well.  Since there is data to show what the likelyhood of future sales will be for an X-Wing/Skiff/Landspeeder/etc. will be, it's easier for them to release that than say, some random Mos Eisley scene and give us some new figures.  (though they have no problem doing this in Superheroes)  I'm sure certain planet areas sell better than others (Tatooine/Hoth/Endor vs. Naboo or Dagobah) 

How much pull Disney  now has is an interesting point.  Obviously they want sales of Star Wars Lego to be good because it keeps the license fees high and I'm sure they get a cut of net/gross sales as well.  To keep that portion of the ledger deep in the black, they will want Lego to keep pumping out tried and true models that sell vs. going out on a limb with something that might not sell as well but may be what fans/buyers want.  I've made it no secret that I want a UCS Death Star-like Cloud City more than anything.  The previous model was very good, but not representative at all of what Cloud City was.  But if Lego is tossing the idea around, and it undoubtedly has, they will have to decide whether it's a good gamble or not.  Since the set would be 250-300 minimum, it would probably be a slower steadier seller vs. smaller sets that can fly off the shelves because grandma will buy that for Timmy without thinking about it. 

Lego will always have and X-Wing/MF/Tie on the shelf in some form.  Right now they are all Ep. 7 versions.  The next ones will either be from Ep 8 or from the Han Solo movie which will feature the MF throughout  the movie. (and better damn well show Han getting her from Lando)  We can only hope that Lego will eventually give us some of the more obsolete characters and locations to fill out our collections.  There are several just from the Cantina that should have been made.  The making of the Modal Nodes and Max Reebo recently give me hope that we will continue to see random characters here and there, but will continue to be inundated with refreshes of figures and vehicles along the way.

Now that I have some coffee, I can put my conspiracy theorist hat on and spill my crazy theories. :P

Regarding the pull that Disney has, this is probably has more to do with:

1. Time constraints to develop movie 7 related sets. The LEGO developers were told to do remakes to free up as much time as possible to design and create new ep7 sets.

2. Synergy with movie 7.  The trailer movie 7 was dominated by desert scenes and icy planet scenes.  So what could they pull from existing movies that look similar and that were already created in the past?  Of course, vehicles & scenes from Tatooine & Hoth,  Thus we got the sets I mentioned above + AoH. 

To stretch this even further. If movie 8 or 9 has a lot jungle scenery in it, then there is a pretty good chance LEGO is going to remake Moon of Endor related sets :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Now that I have some coffee, I can put my conspiracy theorist hat on and spill my crazy theories. :P

Regarding the pull that Disney has, this is probably has more to do with:

1. Time constraints to develop movie 7 related sets. The LEGO developers were told to do remakes to free up as much time as possible to design and create new ep7 sets.

2. Synergy with movie 7.  The trailer movie 7 was dominated by desert scenes and icy planet scenes.  So what could they pull from existing movies that look similar and that were already created in the past?  Of course, vehicles & scenes from Tatooine & Hoth,  Thus we got the sets I mentioned above + AoH. 

To stretch this even further. If movie 8 or 9 has a lot jungle scenery in it, then there is a pretty good chance LEGO is going to remake Moon of Endor related sets :P

If there is truly synergy between new movie set releases and what OT sets are released, then Ep 8 needs a floating mining city run by Lebron James.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:00 AM, vincevaughn said:

You make a good point.  I see the always having the iconic mainstays like a falcon, tie fighter, X-wing on the shelf.  And redesigns are ok, I mean just look at the original X-Wing (7140) and the original Falcon (7190) to see just how far LEGO has come (although I do love the original X-Wing in a nostalgic sort of way).  But yeah the constant speeders and skiffs do seem like they are fixated on only certain parts of the universe.

I think the MF may be the single best selling Lego SW model in its various releases.  They also do an increasingly good job with it.  As a reseller, I stay away since I know there will always be a MF in production, but they'd be crazy not to do it.  The new A-Wing obviously annoys me as someone who bought into 75150.  And it's not like the movies have been swarming with A-Wings anyway.  Lando as someone mentioned should really be in a Cloud Car.  I'm not convinced he even knows how to fly an A-Wing.  The Y-Wing I like though.  It's a neat looking ship and is reasonably prominent in the OT.  Also we haven't had one for a bit.  It's been a few years since the Skiff too, and that was part of an iconic battle/duel.  It's also an excuse to put Boba Fett in a set, which is always nice.

We don't really need so many Landspeeders however.  Ditto for the multiple Droid Escape incarnations, which showcase an escape pod that *drum roll* fell to the ground after not being fired upon by an ISD because it "showed no life signs".  At least Lego was nice enough to retire the last one quickly and keep the Jawa population down.

Edited by GhostDad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostDad said:

The new A-Wing obviously annoys me as someone who bought into 75150.  And it's not like the movies have been swarming with A-Wings anyway.  Lando as someone mentioned should really be in a Cloud Car.  I'm not convinced he even knows how to fly an A-Wing. 

75150 shows the A-Wing from the Star Wars Rebels cartoons, while the new stand-alone A-Wing set is a remake of the 2013 A-Wing (75003). But the real attraction of the 75150 set is and always will be the Vader's TIE Advanced including the Darth Vader minifig. So I don't think the new A-Wing will cannibalise the rise in value of the 75150 set. As long as there won't come a new stand-alone Vader's TIE Advanced set, there will be demand for 75150.

If on the other hand TLG releases a separate Vader's TIE Advanced set, then 75150 is really doomed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Haay said:

75150 shows the A-Wing from the Star Wars Rebels cartoons, while the new stand-alone A-Wing set is a remake of the 2013 A-Wing (75003). But the real attraction of the 75150 set is and always will be the Vader's TIE Advanced including the Darth Vader minifig. So I don't think the new A-Wing will cannibalise the rise in value of the 75150 set. As long as there won't come a new stand-alone Vader's TIE Advanced set, there will be demand for 75150.

If on the other hand TLG releases a separate Vader's TIE Advanced set, then 75150 is really doomed.

I don't think the appeal for 75150 was all in the TIE Advanced. The set introduced a really cool mechanism for the A-Wing, where you pull back the cockpit to activate the spring shooters. The build of the A-Wing is also quite sleek. The A-Wings in Rebels are literal cannon fodder though, so it was never going to be a really popular model with fans of the show.

They should have gone with blue though, as that was the original color Ralph McQuarrie made them. That way it would have been more of an OT ship.

10 hours ago, c_rpg said:

I don't think the appeal for 75150 was all in the TIE Advanced. The set introduced a really cool mechanism for the A-Wing, where you pull back the cockpit to activate the spring shooters. The build of the A-Wing is also quite sleek. The A-Wings in Rebels are literal cannon fodder though, so it was never going to be a really popular model with fans of the show.

They should have gone with blue though, as that was the original color Ralph McQuarrie made them. That way it would have been more of an OT ship.

Mildly off topic, but I never understood the role of the A-wing in the SW universe.  I mean, the X-wing is a very capable fighter, the Y-Wing and B-wing are bombers, and the A-Wing is... what exactly?  Looks like just an X-Wing with half as many guns.

1 minute ago, GhostDad said:

Mildly off topic, but I never understood the role of the A-wing in the SW universe.  I mean, the X-wing is a very capable fighter, the Y-Wing and B-wing are bombers, and the A-Wing is... what exactly?  Looks like just an X-Wing with half as many guns.

It's a fast strike fighter.  Get in, get out.  

1 minute ago, GhostDad said:

Cannon fodders.  Mostly as distraction for those cannons on Cruisers / Star Destroyers so the Y-Wing squadrons can bomb with very little resistance :P

Although in SW Battlefront II game, I used A-Wings to **** anything smaller than Imperial Cruisers ;)

7 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

It's known for kamakazing a SSD. It's basically a piloted missle.

Edited by pete411

57 minutes ago, pete411 said:

It's known for kamakazing a SSD. It's basically a piloted missle.

Well yes, there's that.  I've always had trouble understanding the logic behind the exposed bridges on ISD's, and especially SSD's.  You'd think digital cameras and sensors, even just using today's technology, would obviate the need for the command crew of a capital ship to physically look through a window in order to plan battle strategy (not that the Empire plans battle strategy, but that's a separate topic).

50 minutes ago, GhostDad said:

Well this might not be canon, but I use the Rogue Squadron games as a reference:

• A-Wing is an interceptor style starfighter (the fastest starfighter in the rebel fleet, basically a YOLO fighter)
    • PROS:
      • very fast
      • very agile
    • CONS:
      • no shields
      • no R2 unit
    • Firepower:
      • Dual rotating lasers
      • Missiles
  • Y-Wing is a heavy bomber (the workhorse of the rebel fleet)
    • PROS:
      • extremely resilient
      • heavily armed
    • CONS:
      • super slow
      • not very agile
    • Firepower:
      • Dual laser
      • Rotating ion cannon
      • Proton bombs
      • Proton torpedoes (not in the games iirc)
  • X-Wing is a multi-role fighter (an almost perfect balance between speed, maneuverability and shielding makes it the fighter of choice for most missions)
    • PROS:
      • best balance between speed, maneuverability, firepower and resilience
    • CONS:
      • can't fire lasers when s-foils are closed
    • Firepower:
      • quad lasers
      • proton torpedoes

Or you can just watch these videos from the hangar :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iec-otO4VPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpqty_v25s

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Well this might not be canon, but I use the Rogue Squadron games as a reference:

• A-Wing is an interceptor style starfighter (the fastest starfighter in the rebel fleet, basically a YOLO fighter)
    • PROS:
      • very fast
      • very agile
    • CONS:
      • no shields
      • no R2 unit
    • Firepower:
      • Dual rotating lasers
      • Missiles
  • Y-Wing is a heavy bomber (the workhorse of the rebel fleet)
    • PROS:
      • extremely resilient
      • heavily armed
    • CONS:
      • super slow
      • not very agile
    • Firepower:
      • Dual laser
      • Rotating ion cannon
      • Proton bombs
      • Proton torpedoes (not in the games iirc)
  • X-Wing is a multi-role fighter (an almost perfect balance between speed, maneuverability and shielding makes it the fighter of choice for most missions)
    • PROS:
      • best balance between speed, maneuverability, firepower and resilience
    • CONS:
      • can't fire lasers when s-foils are closed
    • Firepower:
      • quad lasers
      • proton torpedoes

Or you can just watch these videos from the hangar :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iec-otO4VPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpqty_v25s

Great summary!  I had no idea A-Wings were unshielded.  Silly Rebels.  You'd think they'd learn something from the ease with which X-Wings dispatch TIE Fighters...