Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Manse1001 said:

Completely agree regards the engines, the new ones look terrible !! I've put a comparison pic below, the 2014 speeder engines look far more authentic !! 

Looks to me like you get the old engines, plus 3 free dark-red droid heads and a few Technic axles for your BL store.

10 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

Is LEGO remaking their 1999-2000 lineup?

I think Lego have put all their design staff into the IP they own themselves for the start of next year. Some of the Lego Batman sets are really cool looking and the selection of cool vehicles keeps on growing. 

Star Wars on the other hand looks like it's being put on the back burner until the second half of the year when the new movie sets will come out.

1 hour ago, Sprocket77 said:

I think Lego have put all their design staff into the IP they own themselves for the start of next year. Some of the Lego Batman sets are really cool looking and the selection of cool vehicles keeps on growing. 

Star Wars on the other hand looks like it's being put on the back burner until the second half of the year when the new movie sets will come out.

OR maybe this batch of designers just prefer to design cars (and creepy looking $10 mascots) than spaceships :lol:

Guest TabbyBoy

C'mon LEGO, I know at least 1 of you who reads these hallowed pages... Why not just rehash 10179 into a TFA version or bring out the UCS Star Destroyer from R1? We're just sick  of the current crap designed by a 3yr old. I thought it was only Hollywood who was running out of new ideas. Also don't produce too many sets or my girlfriend, Reese Ella Skumm will have to wait longer than necessary!

9 minutes ago, stackables said:

I don't know about you guys but I have drastically cut down on the amount of Star Wars sets I buy.  This is the main reason.  I will just wait a week after the set is retired to pick up the "new and improved" version.

CITY Firestation syndrome?

RRP for some 2017 wave 1 sets have been put up on the Australian LEGO Shop at Home. 

For comparison with current releases:

Yoda's Starfighter: Same price as Obi Wan's

Duel on Naboo: Same price as Carbon Freezing Chamber

Luke's Landspeeder: $50 here (should be the equivalent of $40 usd)

A wing: Same price as Rogue One At-At 

Desert Skiff: Same price as Homing Spider Droid

The Phantom: Same price as Rogue One Hovertank 

They seem reasonable at first glance compared to some of the Lego Batman sets (At a whopping $90 AUD for 3 minifigs and a vehicle, the Joker's Lowrider is rather expensive)

For those who know are parting out The Phantom, it might be a good idea to package it with 41535 (Baby Dragon Norbert) or a similar snake-like part as an option. I know that it is not canon but Thrawn seems incomplete without a ysalamir.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Lando should come with the Twin-Pod Cloud Car.  Oh, where in the hell is this set?

The last a-wing came with Ackbar and Han. Best I can figure Han and Lando were in the same hangar as the A-wing before heading off to battle in ROTJ. Still loving my vintage cloud car. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Haay said:

What the H E L L where they thinking when they designed this ridiculous vehicle?

How is Yoda going to shoot anything when the laser beams meet so close to the vehicle???

Mistakenly they must have engineered the weapons for this a-hole.
spaceballs gunner.png

10 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

It does seem so, and I agree The LEGO Batman Movie sets are some of their most creatively fun & surprisingly colorful designs especially for the Dark Knight.

• Like 3

The way I look at LEGO Star Wars now is just a Sci-Fi version of LEGO city.  The minor details may change but every year the line-up always has the same thing to keep the stream of consumers happy.  Every year new firestation, new police set, boat set....every year new A-Wing, landspeeder, battle pack.

Not to say that there are not stand-outs and unique sets in both themes, just the majority are going to be same old same old.  Except LEGO city didn't kill off the LEGO space themes....but now I'm just being bitter :P

• Like 2

20 hours ago, vincevaughn said:

Except LEGO city didn't kill off the LEGO space themes....but now I'm just being bitter

There is my bittersweet resentment with Star Wars. Granted LEGO does try original Space themes once in a while but the timeframe between each attempt is cavernous. Also the relentless inundation of Star Wars everywhere succeeds only to further exasperate my already wearied self. Still I will give credit where due seeing how further in each attempt LEGO progresses capturing better (in certain areas) with their revisited models. On one hand eyeing yet another Landspeeder or A-Wing is a bit tiresome while at the same time I see little else they could do considering the source material's universe has not expanded its content by much more than what it began with in the first place.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

There is my bittersweet resentment with Star Wars. Granted LEGO does try original Space themes once in a while but the timeframe between each attempt is cavernous. Also the relentless inundation of Star Wars everywhere succeeds only to further exasperate my already wearied self. Still I will give credit where due seeing how further in each attempt LEGO progresses capturing better (in certain areas) with their revisited models. On one hand eyeing yet another Landspeeder or A-Wing is a bit tiresome while at the same time I see little else they could do considering the source material's universe has not expanded its content by much more than what it began with in the first place.

No, the universe hasn't expanded but we still don't have numerous items from 1-6 while getting retreads shoved down our throat.  Where's the Bantha?  Numerous figures yet to be made.  Heck even stuff from Geonosis Arena from that horrendous Ep. 2.  (It's not all horrendous, but Hayden Christensen is. just. awful.)  I don't mind when we get a remake from something 6/8/10 years ago, but to get a landspeeder a couple months after the last one left the shelves is weak.  This is what? the 4th iteration of a Desert Skiff? You'd think the thing was a freaking X-Wing for as much as Lego makes it.   Honestly, the only thing I see myself buying is a Lando off of Bricklink.

AND WHERE'S MY CLOUD CITY?????:girlwah:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

No, the universe hasn't expanded but we still don't have numerous items from 1-6 while getting retreads shoved down our throat.  Where's the Bantha?  Numerous figures yet to be made.  Heck even stuff from Geonosis Arena from that horrendous Ep. 2.  (It's not all horrendous, but Hayden Christensen is. just. awful.)  I don't mind when we get a remake from something 6/8/10 years ago, but to get a landspeeder a couple months after the last one left the shelves is weak.  This is what? the 4th iteration of a Desert Skiff? You'd think the thing was a freaking X-Wing for as much as Lego makes it.   Honestly, the only thing I see myself buying is a Lando off of Bricklink.

AND WHERE'S MY CLOUD CITY?????

Indeed. Plenty of possibilities just with the original trilogy alone still not yet fully realized and they keep on with what has been done (perhaps perfected previously even). While I can only speculate their choices stem from what sells well for whatever the reason (and who knows how much behind the curtain Disney pulls), I have difficulty trying to see exactly why something like Luke's Landspeeder (iconic or not) has recently been needing to be redone often as it has so suddenly. There was some years before the Wal-Mart exclusive in 2010 I believe when his vehicle returned out of nowhere and now it returns once more after a handful of other repeats between there and here. The repetitious releases have becoming tiresomely absurd for certain.

16 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

Indeed. Plenty of possibilities just with the original trilogy alone still not yet fully realized and they keep on with what has been done (perhaps perfected previously even). While I can only speculate their choices stem from what sells well for whatever the reason (and who knows how much behind the curtain Disney pulls), I have difficulty trying to see exactly why something like Luke's Landspeeder (iconic or not) has recently been needing to be redone often as it has so suddenly. There was some years before the Wal-Mart exclusive in 2010 I believe when his vehicle returned out of nowhere and now it returns once more after a handful of other repeats between there and here. The repetitious releases have becoming tiresomely absurd for certain.

You make a good point.  I see the always having the iconic mainstays like a falcon, tie fighter, X-wing on the shelf.  And redesigns are ok, I mean just look at the original X-Wing (7140) and the original Falcon (7190) to see just how far LEGO has come (although I do love the original X-Wing in a nostalgic sort of way).  But yeah the constant speeders and skiffs do seem like they are fixated on only certain parts of the universe.

5 minutes ago, vincevaughn said:

You make a good point.  I see the always having the iconic mainstays like a falcon, tie fighter, X-wing on the shelf.  And redesigns are ok, I mean just look at the original X-Wing (7140) and the original Falcon (7190) to see just how far LEGO has come (although I do love the original X-Wing in a nostalgic sort of way).  But yeah the constant speeders and skiffs do seem like they are fixated on only certain parts of the universe.

Tatooine.  They are stuck in Tatooine,  Skiff, Landspeeder, Droid Escape, MF, Sandcrawler, even the Sith Infiltrator are all related to scenes on planet Tatooine.

I wonder why that is :question:

2 hours ago, southcollector13 said:

I saw somewhere that these are "winter 2017 sets"... have they released any further details on release date?

They usually release about January 1st.  Sometimes the last few days of December.  At least that is how I remember the last couple years going.

8 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

8 hours ago, vincevaughn said:

8 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Tatooine.  They are stuck in Tatooine,  Skiff, Landspeeder, Droid Escape, MF, Sandcrawler, even the Sith Infiltrator are all related to scenes on planet Tatooine.

I wonder why that is :question:

We all know that Lego is going to release what sells well.  Since there is data to show what the likelyhood of future sales will be for an X-Wing/Skiff/Landspeeder/etc. will be, it's easier for them to release that than say, some random Mos Eisley scene and give us some new figures.  (though they have no problem doing this in Superheroes)  I'm sure certain planet areas sell better than others (Tatooine/Hoth/Endor vs. Naboo or Dagobah) 

How much pull Disney  now has is an interesting point.  Obviously they want sales of Star Wars Lego to be good because it keeps the license fees high and I'm sure they get a cut of net/gross sales as well.  To keep that portion of the ledger deep in the black, they will want Lego to keep pumping out tried and true models that sell vs. going out on a limb with something that might not sell as well but may be what fans/buyers want.  I've made it no secret that I want a UCS Death Star-like Cloud City more than anything.  The previous model was very good, but not representative at all of what Cloud City was.  But if Lego is tossing the idea around, and it undoubtedly has, they will have to decide whether it's a good gamble or not.  Since the set would be 250-300 minimum, it would probably be a slower steadier seller vs. smaller sets that can fly off the shelves because grandma will buy that for Timmy without thinking about it. 

Lego will always have and X-Wing/MF/Tie on the shelf in some form.  Right now they are all Ep. 7 versions.  The next ones will either be from Ep 8 or from the Han Solo movie which will feature the MF throughout  the movie. (and better damn well show Han getting her from Lando)  We can only hope that Lego will eventually give us some of the more obsolete characters and locations to fill out our collections.  There are several just from the Cantina that should have been made.  The making of the Modal Nodes and Max Reebo recently give me hope that we will continue to see random characters here and there, but will continue to be inundated with refreshes of figures and vehicles along the way.

• Like 1

There's a simple disconnect with many of the people on this site; namely that they forget that LEGO are primarily still a child's toy and that people are producing children every year...and that those children want LEGO models of their various favorite things (Fire Departments, Helicopters, Star Wars vehicles etc. etc.).  The idea that they'd keep iconic Star Wars vehicles off the shelves to placate collectors/resellers is absurd and would be horrible business. 

• Like 2