LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

1 hour ago, superheat said:

I had a lot of simpson level packs that were stagnant until a German reseller bought most of my stock.  Now I have a handful of Simpson fun packs that usually sell when someone is buying other sets.  

I think the thing to look for when buying sets is:

-do I have enough variety and selection to make international shipping worth it for the buyer?

-do i have an the sets have any value to part out?  Some of the minifigures might hard to find or only available in the dimension set.  Some could be common (superman, wonderwoman) 

-does the theme have worldwide appeal?  Hasslehoff may have appeal in Germany but outside of the States and Germany, does anyone else want or know Knight Rider?

-have enough stock on hand to sell to resellers.  Have it priced attractively.  

If you are going for top dollar dont expect to sell quickly, you are in it for the long hail and keep in mind that the game may not be playable in the future... then what do you do?  See “can I part these out” above.  

For me, I’ve been cautious.  Not sure how popular Dimensions will be this year.  If they were 99¢ I’d probably arm sweep them all.  For some reason $1.99 makes me pause.  I still have Wicked Eitch from last year that are languishing.  

Remeber, there’s nothing that price won’t fix.  

Germans love Hasselhoff!!!

• Like 2

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, superheat said:

For me, I’ve been cautious.  Not sure how popular Dimensions will be this year.  If they were 99¢ I’d probably arm sweep them all.  For some reason $1.99 makes me pause.  I still have Wicked Eitch from last year that are languishing.  

Remeber, there’s nothing that price won’t fix.  

Yeah, I saw a few witches today surface. I bought zero as I also have a few from last year.

1 hour ago, FM said:

The first set I bought last year was a shelf-full of Scoobys - I had never bought a Dimensions set before but I saw 2 nice minifigs for $.99.  $24 on amz and $22 on ebay 1 year later.  I guess I should have scooped the other 10 shelves.

There were definitely some winners last year, especially the Team & Level packs (BTTF, Scooby, Dr Who).

PowerPuff?
tumblr_lf5h51aMmH1qazn6h.gif

I think a lot here depends on your selling platform. The wicked witch is a little over $11 dollars on amazon FBA. Nets you $4 and change after fees and whatnot. I never sold single packs and lone minifigs so can't give my two cents there. Sold bundles on ebay and single packs all went via Amazon FBA and some FBM. The puff girl team pack..yeah it might be a dud, but there's no where near the quatities of Homer Level packs that were found everywhere for the longest time last year. Even then..that pack is pushing $11 on amazon FBA. The puff girl pack reminds me more of the portal pack...and last I checked that pack is hitting $14 to $15 FBA. I'm loading up on certain packs..even some from last year again....not all. The lack of team and level packs at this point is for sure disappointing though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I've seen 1 Powerpuff Team pack in the past week and a half. It's definitely not at the level Homer was. Conversely, every Walmart around here is packed full of them. Coincidence?

I guess they shipped them all my way. ha  I think Central Valley's a few days behind SoCal. I read what you guys find and they might surface 2-3 days later.

It's still like 60% PowerPuff here though, 39% Chase/Knight, 1% ones you'd actually want.

Not finding anything new here this week...just knight rider, green powerpuff and Tina.  I hit about 2 to 3 stores daily on the way home from work.  1 has consistently had nothing new in about 2 weeks.  The other two are hit and miss.  One manager told me he has one reseller arriving early and buying up to 100 cases pretty frequently as of late which would explain the lack of new product on the shelf. $1200 not including tax out the door on these visits basically.  I'm sure it's taking place at more and more stores now that word is out.  I wonder how they go about this.  Just buying the whole pallet and whatever is on it..Chase McCain??? shulda asked :( ....I have to pick my battles so I've had to be pretty picky on what I load up on at the current scale of my business.

Edited by LegoBro
  • Like 2

Hit a couple stores yesterday and today.  

Found some Aquaman on the shelf about 14 or so from one store.  

2nd store had nothing new.  But I did find a shopping cart filled with Dimensions.  I suspect they were just moving from Toy section to an endcap.  Inside the cart I found some Powerman, so I bought the rest of those 12 and few more Buttercups to add to my stock.  The rest of the cart was just left over BA Baracus, Batman, Buttercup, and Tina.

I have a feeling the DC superheroes are going to be the Lord of the Rings of last year... not very popular.

Edited by superheat

1 hour ago, superheat said:

I have a feeling the DC superheroes are going to be the Lord of the Rings of last year... not very popular.

Maybe so as far as popularity...but not finding Lord of the Ring quantities with most of the DC packs...other than Bane, but he's starting to disappear in my neck of the woods.

12 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

Also finally saw Aquaman today. Still hoping & waiting for Jay, Superman & Wonder Woman.

Have yet to find any Supermans :(

9 hours ago, LegoBro said:

One manager told me he has one reseller arriving early and buying up to 100 cases pretty frequently as of late which would explain the lack of new product on the shelf. $1200 not including tax out the door on these visits basically. 

That could very likely be one of my suppliers. I'm in NY, but so far have 1150 sets shipped to me from the same person this time around. Similar quantities during the last round as well. Even he didn't have too many Jay or Superman sets compared to the others. Did manage to grab 72 Lloyd sets though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lodibricks said:

Also finally saw Aquaman today. Still hoping & waiting for Jay, Superman & Wonder Woman.

Unless there's more coming, you might be out of luck, that wave was past.

I found a store the other day that was packed full, an end cap, a sidekick, and a section in the toys. I found like 40 cybermen, a bunch of starfire, hermione, beetlejuice, some wicked wiches, ba, bane, knight rider, buttercup, lloyd, marceline, tina, powerpuff team, and 6 each of superman and Benny. Out of the 3 times I have actually found Superman, I am up to 10. I found Aquaman at 2 stores, one was 4 cases in the cart to be stocked. I am curious what may have been delivered yesterday.

6 minutes ago, glostik said:

I don’t think new stock is going outside of california

Texas was done a few weeks ago with one big shipment to each store there. CA/AZ/NV get their trucks from California distribution centers. Word is there are only a quarter of the number of packs as last year. Maybe less. 

I got a complaint from a buyer about a tag not working. Any ideas on how to fix?

I’m stopping by a store tonight to see what they have. On Wednesday they had gotten a bunch more Powerpuff team packs again. I hadn’t seen them at this particular store in a couple weeks. I thought those were done but I guess not. Hopefully they have some new stock. 

I really wish they would sell the team and level packs like the Mission Impossible and Sonic packs. Maybe we’ll see those soon......maybe?