LEGO Dimensions

Sauromosis

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, donbee said:

I wonder where these come from. Any clue?

When a Momma LEGO Dimension and a Daddy LEGO Dimension love each other very much, they give each other a very special hug.  Then a stork puts the baby LEGO Dimension into the Momma LEGO Dimension tummy, so the Momma LEGO Dimension can start to love the Baby LEGO Dimension. 

Edited by Goofball814
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Goofball814 said:

When a Momma LEGO Dimension and a Daddy LEGO Dimension love each other very much, they give each other a very special hug.  Then a stork puts the baby LEGO Dimension into the Momma LEGO Dimension tummy, so the Momma LEGO Dimension can start to love the Baby LEGO Dimension. 

bcf0ca5c961ea6c4817c966786663ca3--welcome-to-kindergarten-funny-sayings.jpg.399628a75e1b78e77217abb54602a3c6.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, tunnelvision said:

Lego didn’t produce these. Warner brothers (based in burbank) did. WB is my guess. Lego hardly had any dimensions stock on SAH or B&M throughout the entire run. 

99 store was in the right place at the right time. 

Like, how did wb make the Lego pieces? Just because the Lego store didn't have them doesn't mean Lego didn't produce or distribute them.

10 hours ago, tunnelvision said:

Lego didn’t produce these. Warner brothers (based in burbank) did. WB is my guess. Lego hardly had any dimensions stock on SAH or B&M throughout the entire run. 

99 store was in the right place at the right time. 

Yeah, no. LEGO hardly having stock has nothing to do with whether LEGO produced them or not. I'm pretty sure, going out on a limb here, that LEGO produces LEGO pieces. That said, maybe LEGO provided these to another company to DISTRIBUTE...

I remember back about 2000 or 2001 that Hasbro decided to clear a bunch of older Star Wars stuff out of their warehouses and sold all that stock to Toys R Us who sold all those toys for really cheap. They were selling exclusives from the fanclub and all sorts of stuff that had never been intended for them originally. Sometimes these companies do blow out stuff that didn't sell.

3 minutes ago, glostik said:

someone in my area is buying every dimension before they even hit the floor

I have only been able to find Bart, Krusty, Wizard of Oz, Bad Cop and Nya

Wow, that stuff was available last year. I wouldn’t buy any of those for $1.99. I’ve also come across a bunch of Unikitty that I didn’t bother buying. Now that I think of it, I’ve seen Nya, and Master Wu as well.

I found lots of knight riders and green powerpuff girls today along with some hermoine but left the unikitty, chases, sensei wu

DA916609-DCE0-486F-AA55-8E6527467772.jpeg

It’s a hit and miss at some stores, either they didn’t have them or it was cleared out by others, that cart was not mine, the store was too lazy to put them out for display 

Has anyone seen anything new come out? I’ve only see ET, Powerpuff Girls, Slimer, Doc Brown, and Hermione. Has anyone seen Knight Rider, A-Team, or Excalibur Batman, Goonies, etc.?

I picked up 24 knight rider at the Bellflower store. They were in the back store room buried under a recent shipment of stuff. The lady had to dive in to pull them out. Only saw KR and PPG in the shipment, there could have been others but they were buried deep. I went back today thinking they would be in the floor and there was nothing but stale unikitty. I asked an employee if they had more in the back and she looked like I was speaking a foriegn language. Complete opposite of the nice lady who helped me the day before.

I went to Downey and they had nothing but Unikitty. Same uncaring employees there too.

1 minute ago, superheat said:

I picked up 24 knight rider at the Bellflower store. They were in the back store room buried under a recent shipment of stuff. The lady had to dive in to pull them out. Only saw KR and PPG in the shipment, there could have been others but they were buried deep. I went back today thinking they would be in the floor and there was nothing but stale unikitty. I asked an employee if they had more in the back and she looked like I was speaking a foriegn language. Complete opposite of the nice lady who helped me the day before.

I went to Downey and they had nothing but Unikitty. Same uncaring employees there too.

It’s funny how some employees have no idea what you’re talking about or they aren’t helpful at all. Then there are others that are super nice and go out of their way to help you out. Those are the people that I try to get to know, ask them their first name, and shake their hand. It’s amazing how far being courteous can get you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legodelorean said:

Me too. I need me some Doc Browns and Michael Knight!!

I'd like to find some Buttercups to go with all the Bubbles and Blossoms I got. Somebody bought a ton of ETs near me since Monday. I only got some. I wonder if rampant 80's Nostalgia was not the way to go for the gold discs. Knight Rider, A-Team, ET, Gremlins, Goonies, were those the characters that Dimensions players were really clamoring for? Were those just the older licenses that were cheap enough to splurge on?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I'd like to find some Buttercups to go with all the Bubbles and Blossoms I got. Somebody bought a ton of ETs near me since Monday. I only got some. I wonder if rampant 80's Nostalgia was not the way to go for the gold discs. Knight Rider, A-Team, ET, Gremlins, Goonies, were those the characters that Dimensions players were really clamoring for? Were those just the older licenses that were cheap enough to splurge on?

Good question. I am wondering the same thing. I think those are all awesome, but I’m not sure someone in their twenties will feel the same. I have a bunch of ET’s and have only sold one. I’ve sold a bunch of Powerpuff Girls, so it does make me think twice about stocking up too heavily on some of the 80’s sets. I might not be so hesitant if the packs were only $0.99 and not $1.99. That extra buck makes a heck of a difference.

JUST A QUICK UPDATE:

A total of 213 Dimensions sets have shipped out, and brickpickers have so far donated a combined $235 to the St. Paul Fundraiser in connection with their purchase.

Thanks to those of you who donated more than a $1 per set, or added the difference in shipping cost to your donation.

WHAT NOW?

As of Tuesday, 99 cent stores in my area were wiped out, but I'll keep checking and post what I find.  So continue to PM me if more of you are interested.

It's helpful if you list sets and quantities, rather than saying "let me know what you have" cause then I can estimate and decide whether to arm sweep what I find.

P.S.1  I currently have 19 unikitties remaining, so if anyone is interested in these let me know.

P.S.2  For those of you whose orders are en route, please let me know when you receive your orders, thanks!

• Like 9