Amazon Prime Day 2016

DadsAFOL

2 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

Since today is a one day only thing, I know the focus should be Lego related, but in this thread (outside of the daily deals), I don't care if you post about other really good deals you find as well.  Help others find good stuff and don't be afraid to have fun with this today!

Prime Day Deals (so far):

75095 UCS TIE Fighter - Reg $199.99, Price on July 11 $196.35, Price Day Price ???? (Live at 8:05 am Pacific)

60069 LEGO City Police Swamp Police Station - Reg $89.99, Price on July 11 $65.44, Prime Day Price ???? (Live at 10:05 am Pacific)

60087 City Police Helicopter Pursuit - Reg $39.99, Prime Day Price $27.99  ** LIVE **

As we become aware of more deals, post them here, and we'll try to add them to this sticky.

• Like 1

Just now, tacsniper said:

The hardest part of this game is to say no and walk away. It pains me to walk away from such an awesome deal. But I need to invest in other sets unless more evidence points to early retirement on this set.

I have to be missing something here - it's a lot work to get this to Edmonton for 21% off before your 5% tax rate.

1 minute ago, tacsniper said:

The hardest part of this game is to say no and walk away. It pains me to walk away from such an awesome deal. But I need to invest in other sets unless more evidence points to early retirement on this set.

I'm in the exact same boat. But at the same time, isn't this recent bout of price-slashing a piece of evidence to consider in and of itself? This set has been out for 14 months now and it would not be unprecedented to see it go this fall.  TLG has retired exclusives after 16-18 months before (just last year with Tumbler).

I wouldn't be surprised if TLG sold less copies of the 75095 in the last 9 months than any other Star Wars set in production.  They are clearly working on some big things right now and allocating resources to the Disney line and upcoming SW sets.  Wouldn't be a shock to see this one make an early exit.

10 minutes ago, redghostx said:

I have to be missing something here - it's a lot work to get this to Edmonton for 21% off before your 5% tax rate.

Not really... we constantly have things to import every month. I ordered 4 from the Walmart sale already so I am sitting out on this one. Need to start stocking other sets.

BTW, since we next to never see discounts on exclusives sets. 21% off is still 21% ahead of other Canadian re-sellers ;) 

Anyone how foreigners can get American credit cards without SSN? Should look into get the Amazon card for the next visa30 coupon.

Edited by tacsniper

OMG it does work twice. Just signed out of "my" account, and relogged in as my wife. In for 2 now. And remembered to use VISA30 this time. Now I don't even care if those orders "processing" over at Walmart even ship.  Thanks Amazon... sorry I was bad-mouthing you earlier! :)

1 minute ago, Kenxxx said:

OMG it does work twice. Just signed out of "my" account, and relogged in as my wife. In for 2 now. And remembered to use VISA30 this time. Now I don't even care if those orders "processing" over at Walmart even ship.  Thanks Amazon ... sorry I was bad-mouthing you earlier! :)

They will probably cancel and send u a warning 

2 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

OMG it does work twice. Just signed out of "my" account, and relogged in as my wife. In for 2 now. And remembered to use VISA30 this time. Now I don't even care if those orders "processing" over at Walmart even ship.  Thanks Amazon... sorry I was bad-mouthing you earlier! :)

Well if you have multiple accounts, then I guess it could work.  But under the same, don't see how it'd be technologically possible.

2 minutes ago, kfishe2 said:

If I remember correctly Amazon will let you have more than two accounts you can even have accounts for family members at different addresses.

All under the same Prime Membership

Correct.. My brother in law share an account.. All I had to do was add myself and now 2 households share one Prime account .. Took about 5 minutes to add all the info required. Which allowed a second lightening deal to be ordered.. Guess what I ordered???? Thank you for the Intel. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, donbee said:

I got the Amazon visa signature card, but the visa30 code won't work for me.
Keeps saying code can't be applied to purchase.

Only works if you had the credit card before July 9th.  No discount for new members.

• Like 1