First LEGO set you owned

Lordoflego

I was wondering what was the first set you gals and guys owned? When did it start? For me, as far as I can remember, it was 6363 Auto Repair Shop, set made in 1980. I was 3 that year plus I wouldn't remember anything so it had to be couple years later.

no, no helicopter, but yes, stickers ;)

Plus I bought it again few years ago On eBay, but later again, I sold it lol

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 7

The first and only set I needed (lego was different back then) until I bought the United Nations over 40 years later. My grandparents ordered it from the JC Penny catalogue and it was delivered wrapped in butcher paper, I still remember the day it arrived. It had the removable white plastic sorting trays and you could build anything you wanted to. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

My brother had some late 80's / early 90's stuff, but the first one I remember actually being bought for me was this on:

http://images.brickset.com/sets/images/6552-1.jpg

For some reason we always had multiples of sets. For example we had two of these and also two of 6345. My brother and I always got similar gifts.

Those were the days you could still find 5 year old sets in stores, so we got a lot of older stuff too.

• Like 2

497: Galaxy Explorer 

Well it’s the only one I can really remember, but I had a bunch of classic space sets so expect the actual first one was probably 442: Space Shuttle, 886: Space Buggy or one of the similar small space sets. 

497-1.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jbacunn said:

I think it was this one that I got for Christmas but I'm not sure. I also got some space sets early on but I don't recall which ones. 

brickpicker_set_6080_1.jpg

Not my first, but the one I remember best and it should still be in my parent's attic, so I'll have to have a rummage through next time I'm home.Those wall pieces with turrets saw great use, it's amazing how many spaceships you could make with them :D

My first Lego was Fabuland, but don't have a clue what sets.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

Not my first, but the one I remember best and it should still be in my parent's attic, so I'll have to have a rummage through next time I'm home.Those wall pieces with turrets saw great use, it's amazing how many spaceships you could make with them :D

My first Lego was Fabuland, but don't have a clue what sets.

Or robots.... My cousins had that castle and I remember using those panels to build a robot with rooms inside for minifigs :)

Edited by Lordoflego

6075, the original LEGO castle. Technically it was my older sister's first but when I came of age after the DUPLO stage (and she didn't care about LEGO anymore), the set among some others became mine. Also odd bits of Fabuland were in the pile but I never figured out what exactly they came from.

• Like 1