First LEGO set you owned

Lordoflego

My first set I remember playing with was 392.  I was 3 and zooming this around my grandparents house.

392-2.jpg?201112251226

Although what I consider my first big kid LEGO set and the one that got me hooked was 6270.  I got this for Christmas 1990, I was 6.  Classic Pirate sets will also be my favorite theme.

6270-1.jpg

Edited by Silburned
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

6929 Starfleet Voyager

brickpicker_set_6929_1.jpg

In case anyone wonders why I like outrageously big guns from Chima, this was the reason :thumbsup:

It being Friday I was going to post a picture of outrageously big'uns from China, but after the last time I pulled such a prank I learned to think better of it ....

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:48 PM, Silburned said:

My first set I remember playing with was 392.  I was 3 and zooming this around my grandparents house.

Although what I consider my first big kid LEGO set and the one that got me hooked was 6270.  I got this for Christmas 1990, I was 6.  Classic Pirate sets will also be my favorite theme.

Pirates is still one of my favorite themes. Always puts a smile on my face :)

I totally forgot about the existence of that stairs piece too!

4 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Pirates is still one of my favorite themes. Always puts a smile on my face :)

I totally forgot about the existence of that stairs piece too!

Sweet: I miss 6270. I had that one, too, shortly before I entered my 25 year on-and-off dark ages. That shark was bitey. Curiously, I think the only minifigure I ever lost was the peg leg ... 

Great thread.  I can hardly remember last week, let alone 35 years ago, but I think it was this:

588.jpg

Another in the running would be this:

7720.jpg

followed shortly thereafter by 6390 and 6383.  I remember staring in fascination at the back of the instructions for 7720.

7720_back.jpg

• Like 6

8187827628_4c3265cee6_b.jpg

This was the first set i got, I think around 86? I remember swallowing one of the pieces and my mum freaking out. 

The sets that got me hooked were shipwreck Island and Sabre Island. I loved the Pirate theme. Always wanted fort eldorado and  black seas barracuda but there was no way my family could afford one of them. Maybe thats why i ended up playing with the real things when i grew up?! 

• Like 3

Here is a Jangbricks video review of 6929.  He touched on the reasons I love this set

Except that he did not pose the red guy with his super awesome green laser bazooka ;) 

Oh yeah I still have most of the set.  Obviously not in the best condition after being passed around several relatives.

DSCF3405.JPG

• Like 3