Super heroes set / The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

wintersun

I think this set will still do quite well as it appeals to anyone who liked either the campy Batman series or the 90s animated series on top of Batman fans.

Plus, from a build standpoint it looks good.

How many pieces of track is it supposed to come with?  My son and I built one the other day and it had 4 pieces.  In the instructions it only shows to use 2 pieces.

How many pieces of track is it supposed to come with?  My son and I built one the other day and it had 4 pieces.  In the instructions it only shows to use 2 pieces.

It's only supposed to come with two pieces, one of each style.  You hit the jackpot!  :D

That is so weird, because the Batcave my son and I opened and built came with two of bag #2 and I was able to build an entirely new scaffolding section to house the batsuits.

bp_1374460917__p1080270_large.jpg

I think all the new Batman sets are so good that they are going to stifle the growth of the sets starting to retire to some exert. I think Lego hit it out of the park with this new line of Batman.

That being said the funhouse is still a winner, simply because it is such a good build and you end up getting so much for your money(Especially for all of us who bought around $30). It will also help that it doesn't look like Harley Quinn is going to be in any of the upcoming sets.

I have a lot of them and will be picking up more next time it goes on sale.

Great news.  While I only have a few, it's better than none.  Anyone have any idea on what else was retired yesterday?  I'm sure there was a thread if someone can refer me to it.  (I looked and couldn't find.)

I know there is a thread somewhere...but here is what I recall off the top of my head:

Suggestion for the mods - have a sticky thread, something like "just retired", with the set name, date and country. Might be useful perhaps. And maybe similar thread for "just had "retiring soon" tag added"?

There is a whole sub forum for EOL related discussion.  The top thread which is pinned has all the details of latest retirements including yesterdays flurry.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't count your chickens just yet.. It has been sold out here in the u.k a few months now, while it reached aroud 75 quid over Christmas, you can get them for 50-60. RRP here was 40 quid. My advice, keep hold of them for a couple of years.

Sealed case, yes, if someone wants 3 and they are mint, well, it might help you sell them. I have Jabba's palaces in cases, I prize them somewhat, a box this big is prone to creasing.

In 20-30 years time, the box (case) will be worth something too.