16 members have voted

1. 1. What nation will win Euro 2016 ?

• Germany ~ They are World Champions after all
    • France ~ Hosts for the win
    • Spain ~ A triple for the record book
    • Belgium ~ Dark horse
    • England ~ Why not
    • Others

Uefa better scrap this 24 teams format . Turning into a snooze fest with all the bus parking .. Weaker teams want a point in the hope of making it as the best third team .. Knockout round better turn things around . Copa has been way better and more exciting . 

From what I heard, Copa is dominated by Argentina....

Euro? I'm surprised but very happy with Poland's performance so far, another win today, Poland goes to next round, Switzerland is next.

On 16.6.2016 at 8:01 PM, Frank Brickowski said:

From my perspective there are many points where football could evolve into a more sophisticated game - by really analysing the stats they have, they should alone have long come to some sensible conclusions, which I don't understand has simply not happened:

- look at the (darn low) success ratio of corners and adjust the way the are used; or do at least pratice corner kicks! (having to look at how many corners are kicked totally off target - many don't even reach ANY player, which is shameful for a pro kicker - is really annoying)

- Assistant coach: "Hey coach, I just took a closer look at the stats of the 2016 Euro tournament and found that out of the 374 corners that have been kicked throughout the group phase only ONE resulted in a goal. Any thoughts?"
- Coach: "What do you mean?"
- Assistant coach: "Maybe we could adjust the way we use corners: for instance we could from now on make more short passes from corners and then cross into the box from a much better position instead of just kicking the corners directly into the box as everybody does with that rather laughable success rate."
- Coach: "...Nah, corners are dangerous just the way they are! It has always been like that, so no changes necessary. Now continue practicing ball possession with the guys!"

On 16.6.2016 at 8:01 PM, Frank Brickowski said:

From my perspective there are many points where football could evolve into a more sophisticated game - by really analysing the stats they have, they should alone have long come to some sensible conclusions, which I don't understand has simply not happened:

- pay much more attention to how long throw-ins can be used effectively to create chances right before the goal

- Assistant coach: "Hey coach, I just took a closer look at the way Iceland play and found out that of their 6 goals at the tournament (until now) 2 were direct results of a long throw-in. Any thoughts?"
- Coach: "What do you mean?"
- Assistant coach: "Maybe we could pay much more attention to how long throw-ins can be used effectively to create chances right before the goal instead of just throwing the ball to a player close by."
- Coach: "...Nah, long throw-ins are nonsense! Short throw-ins have always been the way to go, so no changes necessary. Now continue practicing tiki-taka with the guys!"

Quarterfinals predictions:

Poland over Portugal 

Iceland over France ( just because ) 

Germany over Italy 

Belgium over Wales 

I hope you're right with first one,

You're wrong about 2nd IMO,

Correct in last two,

I'm so surprised with polish team, this is the only time they are in euro games since some late 70's or early 80's and back then, they never got out of first round, so this is a huge success for my national team, I bet whole Poland is watching, even if they loose agains Portugal (which I think they won't), this is the best anyone could hope for. This is the furthest they got in euro ever :) quarter finals! Maybe I'll believe in polish soccer again...

Spain is a surprise, so is England...

That's why certain BPErs are bitter today ;) jk

I would fancy Germany or Italy to win it 

U mean the whole thing? Here's my crazy theory, I repeat, crazy!...

So since we were in first group with Germany, they tied with us, giving us in an easy (besides Germany) 2nd place and way to go to round 2, by being in 2nd place (Germany got out of first round in 1st place)

We were in a different group after that where there are no world soccer dominators lol (Germany England, Spain, France, Italy) so assuming that we keep winning, and Germany does its job in the other group, we would not face a super duper strong team till final game, so...Germans since the very beginning, groomed/farmed (?) Poland to face and crash them in final game :) and win major championship again...by the way, great job Chile, ,Argentina really wanted to win after loosing with them 4 years ago lol

7 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

Messi messed up but wow, he decided to say bye to national team at what? 29?...

Yeh but he gets alot of abuse from the fans the team get accused of having no passion or desire but if we are talking copa look at this gem.

_90124975_pipita_cartoon.png

Roughly translated  to. any last requests? That Higuain shoots.

Edited by Will 4

The problem with Belgium is that they are a team of individuals. It should also help to shut up those clowns demanding a winter break as all but one of the Wales squad are based with English teams.

Italy to win tonight.

A close one but Nueur came through after a few players blew it.

I love football announcers... They take no prisoners in their commentary!

The problem with Belgium is that they are a team of individuals. It should also help to shut up those clowns demanding a winter break as all but one of the Wales squad are based with English teams.

Italy to win tonight.

3 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Should have been over if it wasn't for Boatang's moment of madness  . Germany has a selection headache for next round, Hummels is suspended , I would think that  Sami is out for the rest of the tournament, Gomez is doubtful .   

8 hours ago, mauro23 said:

We will see... Semifinal is still a great result for a World Cup Winner :-)

But not a winner although look at Kramer and Kruse who are not in the squad still sell for a lot more than quite a few who made squad.