• Germany ~ They are World Champions after all
    • France ~ Hosts for the win
    • Spain ~ A triple for the record book
    • Belgium ~ Dark horse
    • England ~ Why not
    • Others

5 minutes ago, Will 4 said:

Hmm a nice example of tactical incompetence from Woy Hodgson 

So the police can prevent crime outside the stadium but as soon as you enter it's the purge.

He effed it up . Wilshere for Rooney ??  I am Rooney didn't do much but he got the experience and nerves to help close out a game won't so many kidos on the field 

Edited by Bold-Arrow

Nice to see a continuation of England's tactical incompetence with Kane taking corners and playing a 4-3-3.

Do you even know what you're talking about? Roy played the best formation possible with 4-3-3. It allowed Alli to pull the strings behind Kane and provided pace with Lallana and Sterling. As for Kane taking corners, what's the problem? It allowed Smalling and Cahill to get up and we had Rooney in the box. I'm not suggesting Roy is perfect but tonight he got it right tactically.

Hmm a nice example of tactical incompetence from Woy Hodgson 

So the police can prevent crime outside the stadium but as soon as you enter it's the purge.

I get that you're frustrated but claiming Roy showed tactical incompetence shows you know nothing about football. England conceded against the run of play, a chance created from nothing. This had nothing to do with tactics or team selection. Sometimes you lose out even when you boss a game, today was one of those occasions. Beat Wales and we should go on to win the group, but this is England and we have a habit of being a disappointment.

13 hours ago, Crustybeaver said:

Frank it's clear you don't like football so why keep putting yourself through the misery of watching it. It's growing a little tiresome when every football related thread gets hijacked into the "why Frank Brickowski hates football" Maybe a mod could create you your own thread and move each of your derogatory posts so the rest of us don't have to endure trawling through them.

So negative comments should get their own threads (for each topic)? Sounds like a bad idea to me regarding the fundamental principle of a discussion forum.

32 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Very true and the main problem this sport has. Formation, tactics, substitutions and so forth - all of that is ultimately being ruled out by coincidence.

Nonsense. Football isn't the lottery. Everything in a football match happens for a reason, usually as a result of a mistake by someone, however small.

28 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

Nonsense. Football isn't the lottery. Everything in a football match happens for a reason, usually as a result of a mistake by someone, however small.

Have you ever really paid attention to the magnitude of coincidence in football? I've read a sports scientific analysis that says in the emergence of about 40% of all goals coincidence plays a decisive role. Deflected shots, balls rebounding off legs/heads/posts/goalkeeper, blind passes and crosses that are shot "just somewhere into the box"... I mean that's what everybody can witness in every game. And then add all the wrong decisions for or against goals. In the end I'd even say the number of coincidental goals is even higher than 40%. I did not say that EVERYTHING is coincidence in football. But its impact is overwhelming in comparison to other sports, making it very hard to distiguish between mere accidents and real abilities of players. Most players cannot even hit 50% on a goal wall in training situations - so how good can they really be when trying to hit a certain spot of the goal completely intended in a professional game? The closer a player's formational position is to the opponent's goal the lesser his abilitities - meaning: strikers are the ones with the least abilities. What they do most of the time in a game is to fail (not shooting the ball into the goal). Imagine a defender or goalkeeper doing the same thing... yet everybody is only talking about strikers and what great things they can do. Football is made up of hardly more than myths and legends. And it is unfair as hell, too, of course. And also, most of the time nothing significant happens = boring for any real sports enthusiast.

Edited by Frank Brickowski

Frank,

It get it that you don't like football. 

Why in earth are you watching games and commenting here then?

My opinion on the last games:

Payet was on fire fridaynight, what a player, what a match. 

England played fantastic yesterday, they deserved so much more!

2 hours ago, BP said:

It get it that you don't like football. 

Why in earth are you watching games and commenting here then?

How often are those users asked a question like this who don't like a specific Lego set in a thread and still keep posting negative comments on it as long as it is being discussed during its market presence? I am commenting my opinion on football here because it is a discussion thread about football.

I keep watching games because for me it is like comedy. I don't get how something so broken, shallow and boring can seriously entertain billions of people. I mean SERIOUSLY entertain. It's a mystery to me and I like the comedic aspect of witnessing how "something like this" is being broadcast and gravely commented on such a grand (global) scale under the headline of "professional sports". It's a bit like the opposite concept of (being a fan of) the WWE.

And I also find it remarkable to see how people are NOT reacting to the very specific (even scientific) arguments I am introducing here quite often to prove my points to make sure I am not just abstractly dissing football per se.

Frank.. Lots of users are asked to stop posting negative post after post in many threads, it's just that they don't.

You'd swear people think they are entitled to post on BP...

As for your scientific analysis, I think people honestly just don't care. It's entertainment!

How often are those users asked a question like this who don't like a specific Lego set in a thread and still keep posting negative comments on it as long as it is being discussed during its market presence? I am commenting my opinion on football here because it is a discussion thread about football.

I keep watching games because for me it is like comedy. I don't get how something so broken, shallow and boring can seriously entertain billions of people. I mean SERIOUSLY entertain. It's a mystery to me and I like the comedic aspect of witnessing how "something like this" is being broadcast and gravely commented on such a grand (global) scale under the headline of "professional sports". It's a bit like the opposite concept of (being a fan of) the WWE.

And I also find it remarkable to see how people are NOT reacting to the very specific (even scientific) arguments I am introducing here quite often to prove my points to make sure I am not just abstractly dissing football per se.

Gregpj is right, nobody cares!!!! And what I do if I'm not interested in specific topic/set? I stay away instead of bashing it and people who like it....

I refuse to vote above in "what nation will win euro 2016", my country is under "others" lol... ;)   

I can see German team wanting this trophy too, after world championship, to show that they really are the best.....u can like them or not, but they are very well oiled machine, German made machine.

poland 1, Ireland 0 

image.gif

Edited by Lordoflego

12 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

I refuse to vote above in "what nation will win euro 2016", my country is under "others" lol... ;)   

I can see German team wanting this trophy too, after world championship, to show that they really are the best.....u can like them or not, but they are very well oiled machine, German made machine.

poland 1, Ireland 0 

image.gif

What's not to like about the German team?

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I think the first part is clearly related to the DFB figures feel guide: Jogi just wanted to feel for himself if it's true that only all of the players have balls while he does not.

As for the second part, hell, I have no idea, just disturbing... After seeing this I don't wanna know about what other people do at home.

• Like 2

Portugal - Iceland was another prime example for why this sport is totally broken: Why doesn't a team win that completely dominates the opponent? Isnt sports supposed to be about the better team winning? Well, football is not. Is it still a sport, though?

Attempts: 27 vs 4

Crosses: 32 vs 9

Corners: 11 vs 2

Possession: 67 vs 33 %

Result: 1 - 1

...but I know, I'm just the only one unable to see the entertainment in this spectacle.