Ideas #013: 21305 - Maze

firos

8 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

24S6 from Amazon (.de) and 43S6 from LEGO LEGO Shop at Home.

Btw, the box is double the size of those from WALL-E and Yellow Submarine, something I did not expect.

Is nearly twice as heavy as the other sets...

The seals means no new run -> winner!!!

Clearly a bestseller at Amazon then. Expect them to be selling these for the next 4 years like Chima 70146.

1 minute ago, Brian Briggs said:

Yeah, I just assummed that a price difference of 10-20€ compared to other Ideas sets wouldn't lead to a box this big

Box will do great as a paperweight while you wait for a buyer.

4 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Yeah, I just assummed that a price difference of 10-20€ compared to other Ideas sets wouldn't lead to a box this big

I mean when you compare the part out vale 240 Euro versus 140 Euro (WallE) or 112 Euro (Dr Who) then you know why...

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Clearly a bestseller at Amazon then. Expect them to be selling these for the next 4 years like Chima 70146.

Amazon has them not in stock...

And when you mean Amazon.com then this set is limited by 2 - so no really big inventory at all..

Edited by mauro23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

It´s a plus point to have a big box as buyers think they are getting more (see toblerone).

Amazon many not have them in stock today but the threat is there it will come back. I can´t think of a worse retailer for bringing up old stuff 6 months later.

Do you expect a Tumbler-like scenario where LEGO sells a few pallets of Mazes to Amazon to get rid of them?

3 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Do you expect a Tumbler-like scenario where LEGO sells a few pallets of Mazes to Amazon to get rid of them?

I would not put ANYTHING past TLG at this moment. Sales are clearly down, especially in the US, so they will be using all the tricks they have and more to liquidate stock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

What do you mean?   Not being available at retail for a longer period of how like GB,  Exo, Wall-E, etc... ?

I know JK Brickworks is active in the AFOL community.   

He means describing the Maze set as "A nice collection of elements" is a great complement for the designer (and he means this sarcastically).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

What do you mean?   Not being available at retail for a longer period of how like GB,  Exo, Wall-E, etc... ?

The Maze wasn't even available at retail at all in Australia, only available to us via LEGO Shop at Home.

Edited by Out of the Dark Years

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

He means describing the Maze set as "A nice collection of elements" is a great complement for the designer (and he means this sarcastically).

Phil B's right.