71013 - Minifigures - Series 16

TheOrcKing

18 minutes ago, stackables said:

Personally, I think this is one of the worst series in a long time.  There is not one figure the screams must have to me.

Wow. I think it's fantastic. Banana man. Penguin suit guy. The imp. Hiker and wildlife photographer with the baby penguin are solid. Babysitter chic is unique. Vintage pirate. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thanos75 said:

I have a secret weapon. For those that don't know I'm an industrial fire fighter for a local refinery. Whenever I go out deal hunting I always wear my uniform. It seems to help out in negotiations....lol.

Thanks for the info! I've got another option in addition to a doctor's outfit to either bypass store limits or get a discount on Lego.

3 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Has there been any word on the street yet about hints towards what might be coming down the pipe for series 17 (or whatever)..  Series 16 is sooo yesterday.

Absolutely nothing, we don't even know the Batman series figures yet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

The covert ops guy's suit's world with an "A" logo looks like a reference to the Alpha Team theme from years ago, and I imagine the rogue's emblem is a link to Castle's Wolfpack. Neat.

I recognized the "A" as well, looks like a mix between the Alpha Team "globe" logo and the Agents "A" logo.

Anyway Alpha Team had some fun sets. I remember getting the ATV as a kid.

15 hours ago, c_rpg said:

I recognized the "A" as well, looks like a mix between the Alpha Team "globe"logo and the Agents "A" logo.

Anyway Alpha Team had some fun sets. I remember getting the ATV as a kid.

It fits to mix the two theme ideas together considering the latter came from the prior in a sense, and I was almost about to say I also had the ATV myself but realized it was the Bomb Squad with a couple of those huge Technic blaster shooter thingies that were fun as heck launching at everything ....including the cat. Ha.

• Like 1

While scouting out clearance events, I found a fresh case of these at my local walmart (in fact, the 3 that i've visited over the last few days all had a fresh case), and managed to smoosh out a set.  Didn't have the energy to even begin smooshing out more sets, to hawk online, so i'm skipping that for this series because I just don't want to be stuck with sets of these this early in the game, but my son and I grabbed an extra Banana Guy and Hiker.

By far my favorites are Banana Guy and Hiker.  Those two are the absolute gems of this set.  Banana Guy is IMO quirkier, and better than Hot Dog Guy and easily gets placed in the top 5 of all time from all the CMF series.  Truly a gem.  Hiker is also a gem, and i'd put him in my top 10 of all time too.  That figure just stands out, and I think it's well done, but i've backpacked a lot in my life, so maybe i'm biased.

After that i'd rank Babysitter, and Mariachi guy as 2 other standouts.  The rest are kinda "meh" to me. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2016 at 2:27 PM, stackables said:

Personally, I think this is one of the worst series in a long time.  There is not one figure the screams must have to me.

On 7/26/2016 at 2:49 PM, Deadfraggle said:

Wow. I think it's fantastic. Banana man. Penguin suit guy. The imp. Hiker and wildlife photographer with the baby penguin are solid. Babysitter chic is unique. Vintage pirate. 

I also think this is an amazing series with tons of new accessories.  We get two new animals in the Penguin and the Terrier, 2 suit characters and a Lego baby for cripes sake.   There are a couple duds as always, but overall I really like this series.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2016 at 3:30 PM, supergman said:

Any word from minifigsplus if cases will be for sale?  If I can get one before the end of August before school sessions start, that'd be awesome.  Anyone?

I have been telling people that it looks like we will post pre-orders late August for shipment in September. However, I cannot make any promises. That is only based on one supplier's information.

• Like 1