71013 - Minifigures - Series 16

TheOrcKing

Guest brickcrazyhouse
32 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Anyone hit TRU yet today to see if they are out?

just got back from one toys r us, a big nothing

My toys r us had a case and the whole case was purchased by a guy 15 min before me. I asked about the limit they usually put on such items when they told me that and they said they broke their rule as he said they were for a local hospital :( 10 min later they were on eBay and he text me as I know who it is, if I wanted to buy any.

guess that may have belonged in ethics thread. I just can't believe people use the hospital story and toys r us believes them.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Salimr said:

My toys r us had a case and the whole case was purchased by a guy 15 min before me. I asked about the limit they usually put on such items when they told me that and they said they broke their rule as he said they were for a local hospital :( 10 min later they were on eBay and he text me as I know who it is, if I wanted to buy any.

guess that may have belonged in ethics thread. I just can't believe people use the hospital story and toys r us believes them.

So next time you're buying them for the local animal shelter - perhaps they'll throw in some freebies ...

• Like 4

Hats off to all of you with the "smooshing" skills. I grabbed 3 random ones from my local LEGO store the other day to take home to work on honing my skills (I've always given up trying to correctly guess in store in the past) and came up 0 for 3 on my guesses. Still, ended up with the Rogue to keep and easily offloaded the other 2 on eBay for profit - wish I'd picked up more. How long does it usually take for the 'official' catalog listings to make it to Bricklink? 

Found a rifled through box at my TRU yesterday and found this series to be very easy to smoosh.  Got 9/16 so far and lucked into a Banana Guy, but for the most part just had commons left.  Guy at TRU didn't think he was getting more Disney figures, we'll see if they become available again this fall since this series came out about 6 weeks early as he said street date was stamped on box as September 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legorunner said:

Hats off to all of you with the "smooshing" skills. I grabbed 3 random ones from my local LEGO store the other day to take home to work on honing my skills (I've always given up trying to correctly guess in store in the past) and came up 0 for 3 on my guesses. Still, ended up with the Rogue to keep and easily offloaded the other 2 on eBay for profit - wish I'd picked up more. How long does it usually take for the 'official' catalog listings to make it to Bricklink? 

Smooshing can be an acquired skill.  For me, I do a couple of things - I like to have the box in front of me to look at the art, I like to have the "poster" and I like to have a minifigure feel guide.  Sometimes, I just have this stuff on my phone to look at.   That's usually plenty to make sure I can get everyone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Salimr said:

time to invest some costumes

71RtBEVLtjL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 6

I've been buying 11 at a time. Finally can smoosh a few accurately. My main method is finding pieces I know and thus eliminating the others. Easiest for me is finding the legs. They have 2 prongs on top and can move. If I can't find legs. Then I know it's only 1 of 3 options. Now I can find the stubby legs well too.