STAR WARS VIII - "The Last Jedi" - Movie Discussion

jaisonline

5 minutes ago, stackables said:

I didn't mind the prequels as much.  The big issue was the casting and dialog.  I thought most of the characters were cool.

There were many great villains and epic scenes - Yes, there was also a whole lot of mess at times (but I am more than willing to accept that).

Much of the mess is also so bad that it is enjoyable (hating sand, losing the will to live, etc.) - these moments have actually become highlights.

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

There were many great villains and epic scenes - Yes, there was also a whole lot of mess at times (but I am more than willing to accept that).

Much of the mess is also so bad that it is enjoyable (hating sand, losing the will to live, etc.) - these moments have actually become highlights.

This is the reason I watch The Day After Tomorrow whenever its on.

Honestly out of all the prequels, the only one I walked out of the theater disappointed in was The Phantom Menace.  I enjoyed the theatrical experience with the other two films.  Even if 65% of Attack of the Clones is cringe worthy the final act works incredibly well.   But they don't work as well at home on the small screen where the cheesy dialog and flat cinematography really show through.  The sequels do their best to avoid the "Flash Gordon-esque" appeal of the prequels that they end up losing the heart of Star Wars.

Edited by Mathew

1 hour ago, Armor said:

Attack of the Clones was saved by the battle of Geonosis at the end of the cringe. Revenge of the Sith was saved by the battle of Coruscant and the overall theater of war. 

You can say it, The Phantom Menace was saved by the Battle of Naboo.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, KShine said:

Plus, without the prequels we wouldn't have had the clone wars (tv series) - which was good.

We also would never have had the characters (from the clone wars) brought in to save Rebels - which ended up being pretty great.

fixed it for you ?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Armor said:

Attack of the Clones was saved by the battle of Geonosis at the end of the cringe. Revenge of the Sith was saved by the battle of Coruscant and the overall theater of war. 

I like the sequence on Tatooine when Anakin is searching for his mother. Duel of the Fates was an epic theme. There’s nothing as epic in the sequels. In fact movie scores in general suck nowadays. 

1 minute ago, Mathew said:

I like the sequence on Tatooine when Anakin is searching for his mother. Duel of the Fates was an epic theme. There’s nothing as epic in the sequels. In fact movie scores in general suck nowadays. 

It was ok until he came back whining to Padme about what he'd done.

• 2 weeks later...