STAR WARS VIII - "The Last Jedi" - Movie Discussion

jaisonline

Mary Sue! Mary Sue what can you do?  Mary Sue!  You are amazing Mary Sue.. Nothing ever bad happens to you.  Mary Sue.

I'm already bored with the Last Jedi merchandise.  Once you get a Luke, Praetorian Guard, and FO Stormtrooper with Black Stripe variant, it all kinds goes down hill from there.  Han Solo will probably be just the same old with a MF, a Slave 1 and a few other sets we already have seen 20 times now.

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Lol the hero(ine) with force potential is finding literally the last Jedi known in the entire galaxy who exiled himself for the things he felt responsible for...  

How is that not sound familiar????? :D:D:D

i posted this before, but my prediction is that Episode 8 will end the same as Epi 5 , with the bad guys having the upper hand only for the good guys to restore order in episode 9. i truly hope i am mistaken though. 

i posted this before, but my prediction is that Episode 8 will end the same as Epi 5 , with the bad guys having the upper hand only for the good guys to restore order in episode 9. i truly hope i am mistaken though. 

You guys are ruining the plot for us!  

Hey now, that's the plot of any trilogy. Or any movie, really. The good guys are always at their lowest at the end of Act 2, so they can overcome adversity and win in Act 3.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Hmm but which character will be frozen in carbonite or stuck in static chamber (?) for the heroine to rescue in ep9 ?  Oh no, is it going to be Leia?;)

• Like 1

Hmm but which character will be frozen in carbonite or stuck in static chamber (?) for the heroine to rescue in ep9 ?  Oh no, is it going to be Leia?

Probably Ted Williams

Hey now, that's the plot of any trilogy. Or any movie, really. The good guys are always at their lowest at the end of Act 2, so they can overcome adversity and win in Act 3.

It's pretty evident the bad guys had the upper hand at the end of Ep. III.

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Probably Ted Williams

Or Walt Disney

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

It's pretty evident the bad guys had the upper hand at the end of Ep. III.

Only from a certain point of view.  If you watch them in order (starting with Episode 1), you don't know that.  You haven't seen the OT.  You've just seen Obi-Wan take Anakin out to within an inch of his life.  You see Anakin defeated, as he believes he has killed Padme.  You see the "new hope" in Luke and Leia, being hidden from the Empire. 

• Like 1

I don't see it like you guys.   I think this is going to follow the path of the prequel trilogy, instead of the OT.  Ya see Disney has a "LONG TERM" plan!  The long term plan is to not just create 1 trilogy but multiple trilogies. 

So, this is just my prediction, but I think we will see Kylo and Rey switch sides by this film (or the beginning of the next one), but in the end Rey follows the path of Anakin and becomes the "Cersei Lannister/New Vader" of the Galaxy.  Kylo will try and stop her but fail. Snoke might die, Hux might get offed.  Leia will die.  But I have a feeling Finn and Poe survive, and maybe Luke does but he's at the end of his rope by episode 9...  Then we will all be like "I can't wait for episode 10, 11, 12" and it will never end... and we will have 5.6 million new lego sets to buy, and 50,000 new black series characters and the character arcs will be slightly different. 

So, I don't see the resistence winning by episode 9, instead I see it in a state like it was after episode 3, which will set the stage for the next trilogy in which a new jedi order will rise perhaps from Luke Skywalkers real redemption, that will not occur in this trilogy.

• Like 1