STAR WARS VIII - "The Last Jedi" - Movie Discussion

jaisonline

1 minute ago, Val-E said:

The FO certainly has resources if they can design and custom build a new ship for their Kylo every 24 months.

Why bother?  If that type of ship is popular among the Kylos / general, they just need to update the current version a bit here and there every (other) year and call it new version :P:P:P

12 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

TIE Silencer?  Is that a self deprecating name?  AFAIK the only thing that needs to be silenced is Kylo's whiny ass :P

By that logic a TIE Fighter would be a ship that fights TIEs! :P 

BTW, does anyone else love the Praetorian Guard designs? They're sooo coool... I can't wait to get at least one as a fig

Edited by CM4Sci
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zskid00 said:

I'm awaiting the "redemption" of Kylo Ren in Episode 9 when he sees the light.  Someone please tell me I'm wrong. 

It is quite obvious that the whole character is being set up for a redemption. First they needed to make him dirty by killing Obi W... I mean Han Solo. In EP9 there will be some cheesy family reveal (possibly about Rey) that makes him turn, just before he dies.

Not too difficult to predict what will happen. After Yoda trains Luke in EP8.. gosh sorry, I meant Luke trains Rey, Jabba will release Finn and Snoke will reveal that he is the mother of Chewbacca.

Seriously, EP7 was simple as a stick. I believe that Disney took the prequels' failure as a hint that complex stories not working with SW. However, it was the execution. In the 2010's we want some uniqueness at least, if not complexity. If EP8 will be another EP5, the franchise will lose some serious appeal.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, inversion said:

Seriously, EP7 was simple as a stick. I believe that Disney took the prequels' failure as a hint that complex stories not working with SW. However, it was the execution. In the 2010's we want some uniqueness at least, if not complexity. If EP8 will be another EP5, the franchise will lose some serious appeal.

I agree.  EP7 was well made fan service.  It's the film Disney had to make due to their investment in the franchise. But in the end it was a generic movie.  I can see some backlash if EP8 is more of the same.  Then there's "Han Solo:  The Early Years".... A movie that did not need to be made.  As somewhat of a purist, the original trilogy should have remained the "The Trilogy".  The prequels would have worked better as a single three hour "event" movie.  George Lucas could have made it his Titanic space opera. EP7-EP9 really have no reason to exist except to make money.

Edited by Mathew

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:35 PM, CM4Sci said:

They just announced Kylo Ren's TIE Silencer - looks like LEGO got it spot on!

So.... does that mean it's quieter than a regular TIE Fighter? Those craft were pretty loud soaring past. At least tactically makes more sense being considerably flatter same as the Interceptor compared to the original flying pie plates. Ha.

3 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I thought this is what we see kicking up the red dust on that planet, but I may be way off.

It is... these are what are flying towards the new gorilla at-at's in that first trailer.

I do agree with Zskid00 though. So far, most of the 3.75" vehicles have been a big time bust that seem to always sit on the shelves and then only move when they are about 1/2 off on clearance.  The lego sets at least sell through, but for some reason the 3.75" vehicles just gather dust..  Although I will say the new rathtar looks much better than the lego version in rathtar escape.

I want to guess that this vehicle is going to be in the winter wave sets though. It would seem to match up with some of the rumors on the 2018 releases.

13 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

So.... does that mean it's quieter than a regular TIE Fighter? Those craft were pretty loud soaring past. At least tactically makes more sense being considerably flatter same as the Interceptor compared to the original flying pie plates. Ha.

No, the engine is still loud (maybe even louder), but the canons are muffled so they lose the pew pew sound effects :P:P:P