Lego 76052 Batman Classic TV Series Batcave Confirmed

jaisonline

Update....

Lego's announcement has been made.  "POW" about the price .  Sure looks cool though.

I removed the initial Facebook pics and added Lego's official ones.

6052 Batman™ Classic TV Series – Batcave

Ages 14+. 2,526 pieces.
US $269.99 – CA $329.99 – DE 249.99€ – UK £229.99 – DK 2499.00 DKK

Drive the villains out from Batman’s Batcave!

Help Batman™ and Robin™ to drive the villain intruders from the Batcave, featuring a Bat Lab with Batcomputer, plus the Batmobile with stud shooters, Batcopter with flick missiles and the Batcycle. This special model, based on the classic 1960s TV show, also has a Wayne Manor section with an exterior wall to climb on and Bruce Wayne’s study featuring the iconic Batphone and a false bookcase that slides open to reveal the secret entrance to the Batcave. Before spiraling down the Batpoles into the Batcave, change identity from Bruce Wayne™ and Dick Grayson™ into Batman and Robin (separate minifigures included).

•  Includes 9 minifigures: Batman™, Robin™, Bruce Wayne™, Dick Grayson™, Alfred Pennyworth™, The Joker™, Catwoman™, The Riddler™ and The Penguin™.
  •  This LEGO® model of the Batcave as seen in the classic 1960s TV series features 2 Batpoles for Batman™ and Robin™ to slide down, a selection of Bat-gadgets, helipad, plus a Batmobile and Batcopter.
  •  The Wayne Manor section of the model features Bruce Wayne’s study with the iconic Batphone, a hinged Shakespeare bust with secret button underneath, sliding false bookcase to access the Batpoles, and assorted elements including decorated wallpaper bricks, wall lamps, framed portraits, a framed fish and trophies. It also includes an exterior wall for climbing, with an opening roof for easy access to the Batpoles and an aerial element.
  •  The Batcave incorporates a hi-tech, 2-floor Bat Lab with Batcomputer element and a variety of detachable accessory elements, including a lie detector machine, table, chest of drawers, Bat-gadgets and test tubes with translucent elements. Also includes the iconic Batcave entrance for the Batmobile and a helipad for the Batcopter.
  •  The Batmobile features a dual cockpit with iconic Batphone, 2 stud shooters, an opening trunk, dual exhaust and sign stickers.
  •  The Batcopter has an opening cockpit for a minifigure, bat-inspired wings with 2 flick missiles, spinning rotors and a spinning propeller. A villain minifigure can grab onto the back of the Batcopter for more aerial battle action.
  •  The Batcycle features a driver’s seat for Batman™, translucent headlight element and a sidecar for Robin™.
  •  Also includes a cat.
  •  Weapons include The Joker’s TNT, Catwoman’s whip, The Riddler’s TNT and The Penguin’s umbrella.
  •  Accessory elements include Batman’s 3 Batarangs, rope, grappling hook and handcuffs.
  •  Includes separate minifigures for Batman™ and Robin’s alter-egos, so enter the secret doorway as Bruce and Dick, and slide down the Batpoles as LEGO® DC Super Heroes!
  •  Batcave measures over 18” (46cm) high, 22” (56cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
  •  Batmobile measures over 2” (6cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
  •  Batcopter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.
  •  Batcycle measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (8cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.

6052 Batman™ Classic TV Series – Batcave

Ages 14+. 2,526 pieces.
US $269.99 – CA $329.99 – DE 249.99€ – UK £229.99 – DK 2499.00 DKK

Drive the villains out from Batman’s Batcave!

Help Batman™ and Robin™ to drive the villain intruders from the Batcave, featuring a Bat Lab with Batcomputer, plus the Batmobile with stud shooters, Batcopter with flick missiles and the Batcycle. This special model, based on the classic 1960s TV show, also has a Wayne Manor section with an exterior wall to climb on and Bruce Wayne’s study featuring the iconic Batphone and a false bookcase that slides open to reveal the secret entrance to the Batcave. Before spiraling down the Batpoles into the Batcave, change identity from Bruce Wayne™ and Dick Grayson™ into Batman and Robin (separate minifigures included).

• Includes 9 minifigures: Batman™, Robin™, Bruce Wayne™, Dick Grayson™, Alfred Pennyworth™, The Joker™, Catwoman™, The Riddler™ and The Penguin™.
• This LEGO® model of the Batcave as seen in the classic 1960s TV series features 2 Batpoles for Batman™ and Robin™ to slide down, a selection of Bat-gadgets, helipad, plus a Batmobile and Batcopter.
• The Wayne Manor section of the model features Bruce Wayne’s study with the iconic Batphone, a hinged Shakespeare bust with secret button underneath, sliding false bookcase to access the Batpoles, and assorted elements including decorated wallpaper bricks, wall lamps, framed portraits, a framed fish and trophies. It also includes an exterior wall for climbing, with an opening roof for easy access to the Batpoles and an aerial element.
• The Batcave incorporates a hi-tech, 2-floor Bat Lab with Batcomputer element and a variety of detachable accessory elements, including a lie detector machine, table, chest of drawers, Bat-gadgets and test tubes with translucent elements. Also includes the iconic Batcave entrance for the Batmobile and a helipad for the Batcopter.
• The Batmobile features a dual cockpit with iconic Batphone, 2 stud shooters, an opening trunk, dual exhaust and sign stickers.
• The Batcopter has an opening cockpit for a minifigure, bat-inspired wings with 2 flick missiles, spinning rotors and a spinning propeller. A villain minifigure can grab onto the back of the Batcopter for more aerial battle action.
• The Batcycle features a driver’s seat for Batman™, translucent headlight element and a sidecar for Robin™.
• Also includes a cat.
• Weapons include The Joker’s TNT, Catwoman’s whip, The Riddler’s TNT and The Penguin’s umbrella.
• Accessory elements include Batman’s 3 Batarangs, rope, grappling hook and handcuffs.
• Includes separate minifigures for Batman™ and Robin’s alter-egos, so enter the secret doorway as Bruce and Dick, and slide down the Batpoles as LEGO® DC Super Heroes!
• Batcave measures over 18” (46cm) high, 22” (56cm) wide and 7” (20cm) deep.
• Batmobile measures over 2” (6cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 2” (7cm) wide.
• Batcopter measures over 2” (7cm) high, 8” (22cm) long and 7” (19cm) wide.
• Batcycle measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (8cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-dc-comics-super-heroes-batman-classic-tv-series-batcave-76052-officially-revealed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+%28The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+%26+News%29#sthash.JizIQBcQ.dpuf

=======================

Earlier today, a Greek Facebook user posted two pictures of set 76052, "Batman Classic TV Series - Batcave". 

Before quickly reviewing this set's highlights, I will "POW" my way to this blog's conclusion.  If these pictures are fact, I'm officially   declaring that set 76052 will be a winner for AFOLs, KFOLs and investors.  

While consider campy by today's entertainment standards, Adam West's Batman is still very popular despite debuting on the ABC Network 50 years ago (aired January 12, 1966 to March 14, 1968).  Yes folks, this year marks the 50th anniversary of the Batman TV series. 

Despite this set being Lego's 3rd Batcave since 2006 (excluding Juniors & Duplo) and won't be the last, it most likely will never be refreshed or redone.  We have an iconic part of pop culture history in Lego form that will probably be available at retail for only 2-3 years.

Box Design

pic1.jpg.7f27ded9750cc77fc6f8b5a027a2fc6

Highlights

• Includes 9 minifigures : Batman, Bruce Wayne, Robin, Dick Grayson, Alfred Pennyworth, Catwoman, The Joker, The Penguin and The Riddler  Sorry Bat fanatics but Aunt Harriet Cooper, Commissioner Gordon and Barbara Gordon / Batgirl are not included.  The rumored Mr. Freeze minifigure might be a polybag promotion.
  • Vehicles included are The Batmobile, Bat-copter and Bat-cycle.
  • Portions of Wayne Manor are included included the famous red Batphone and statue head that doubles as the secret entrance to the cave.  A side wall is also included for Batman and Robin to climb.

wall.jpg.fe6657375068e9b357f0b3f7a08cf8ebatman_shakespeare_bust.jpg.470acbcced51

• Portions of Wayne Manor are included included the well-known red Batphone and Shakespeare bust that doubles as the secret entrance into the cave.  An outside wall looks to be also included for Batman and Robin to climb and dual sliding poles
  • I expect MSRP to be around $199.99 considering the amount of minifigures and types of elements used.  Update : a Mod at Eurobricks thinks retail price will be $270 with a 2,526 piece count.
  • Retail availability  looks to be next month.

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic13.jpg

View full blog article

• Like 3

Did you seriously just wipe out 3 pages of discussion to reframe this as your blog?   I guess I'm not surprised as I hadn't seen you post there yet.   Really frustrating and makes the community feel like we wasted our time contributing.  You continue to sabotage the page views and hits for brickpicker, the macks need to realize this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Did you seriously just wipe out 3 pages of discussion to reframe this as your blog?   I guess I'm not surprised as I hadn't seen you post there yet.   Really frustrating and makes the community feel like we wasted our time contributing.  You continue to sabotage the page views and hits for brickpicker, the macks need to realize this.

Chill.  This feature is new for all of us.  Accidents are bound to happen

43 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

sauromosis,  no, i did not and why would i?   if you read the blog above, i linked to that thread (still do).   we (the mods) are trying to figure out what happened to that thread.   Something similar happened 4+ months ago to the initial Scooby-Doo thread that TOK also created.

Edited by jaisonline

58 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Yeah for real dude! If you have an issue talk offline to him about it. If you can't do that then I can help you leave. I don't know if your gripe is legit or not but talking down like that to anyone let alone a mod will not be tolerated.

• Like 1

You mean I have to put down my torch and pitchfork?  Bummer.  Thanks for the explanation.

I hope it can be recovered.

In the meantime, can you create a new Classic Batcave thread to act as a place holder ? I'm not in front of my laptop (actually getting gas for the car) or would have done it already.

10 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Yeah for real dude! If you have an issue talk offline to him about it. If you can't do that then I can help you leave. I don't know if your gripe is legit or not but talking down like that to anyone let alone a mod will not be tolerated.

I wish you peace and happiness Stephen.  We are all fellow travelers in this world.

• Like 5

I'm not a giant superheroes fan.. so, maybe that is why i'm not so thrilled about this, but the set looks incomplete to me. Definitely would give an A for the minifigs and the batmobile, but the overall structure and design of the original wayne manor feels kinda lackluster. 

The Ghostbusters Headquarters feels like a complete set, the Tower of Orthanc, Ewok Village also fit the bill.  This one?  Well, it just feels like there's a lot of empty space in it.  I definitely get they couldn't make the entire Wayne Manor without costing 700.00, but I think they could have designed it a little differently.  I've never been a huge fan of any of the large batman playsets, becaus of this.  Many of them just feel incomplete.

• Like 5

There seems to be some issues earlier with some posts.  One ended up in the St. Paul Raffle thread.  I don't know what caused it at the moment.  

On topic...Cool set, but I see some Arkham Asylum similarities from an investment standpoint.  

• Like 4

LEGO truly has become out of touch with their user base. They think because the Tumbler is a hit that oldschool Batman will be a hit also? I really don't understand why they think this would be a smart move, the same way I don't see why they think Ghostbusters is a hit, the same reason I don't understand why they produced a Big Bang Theory set... Some of these sets are for a niche fanbase, we're talking thousands when their potential customer base is millions.  Hundreds of thousands who would never purchase a Big Bang Theory set or a Simpsons set.  I don't know anyone under 35 who has ever watched the oldschool Batman show nor wants to sit down and watch it today. If anything, we want more modern Batman.  I think the LEGO AFOL fanbase wants entirely different sets including more CUSOO not based around modern comedy shows or animals.  I think that their success has clouded their judgement more than ever.  If anything, why not produce iconic LEGO sets but update them for the current market such as CASTLE or KINGDOMS large castles?, PIRATES including Riflemen and Remakes of some of the iconic ships or use some creativity and create new ships?, more Minecraft Micro World sets?  It's not like the original two micro world sets weren't smash hits....  Imperial Flagship is above $400 and they want to produce Angry Birds and Ghostbusters..

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

There seems to be some issues earlier with some posts.  One ended up in the St. Paul Raffle thread.  I don't know what caused it at the moment.  

On topic...Cool set, but I see some Arkham Asylum similarities from an investment standpoint.  

I see similarities in the build itself, but AA had almost zero AFOL appeal (my target buyer) while this is oozing with it. My only concern at this point is what it's lifespan will be and the freaking horde.

10 minutes ago, JRandall said:

I don't know anyone under 35 who has ever watched the oldschool Batman show nor wants to sit down and watch it today.

Hi! Nice to meet you.

There, now you know one.

45 minutes ago, JRandall said:

LEGO truly has become out of touch with their user base. They think because the Tumbler is a hit that oldschool Batman will be a hit also? I really don't understand why they think this would be a smart move, the same way I don't see why they think Ghostbusters is a hit, the same reason I don't understand why they produced a Big Bang Theory set... Some of these sets are for a niche fanbase, we're talking thousands when their potential customer base is millions.  Hundreds of thousands who would never purchase a Big Bang Theory set or a Simpsons set.  I don't know anyone under 35 who has ever watched the oldschool Batman show nor wants to sit down and watch it today. If anything, we want more modern Batman.  I think the LEGO AFOL fanbase wants entirely different sets including more CUSOO not based around modern comedy shows or animals.  I think that their success has clouded their judgement more than ever.  If anything, why not produce iconic LEGO sets but update them for the current market such as CASTLE or KINGDOMS large castles?, PIRATES including Riflemen and Remakes of some of the iconic ships or use some creativity and create new ships?, more Minecraft Micro World sets?  It's not like the original two micro world sets weren't smash hits....  Imperial Flagship is above $400 and they want to produce Angry Birds and Ghostbusters..

Yeah LEGO is surely run by idiots. They tried the pirate and castle rehashes and failed. The ship remakes fifteen years ago were a flop. Kingdoms Joust did not sell. Conclusion: classic LEGO themes don't sell that well. And you can bet that there will be a new exclusive ship some time down the line, they retired Sea Cow only recently, which was ironically a new ship with creativity. I want to see a cool Ghost Ship too, retailing for $350.

Also don't see why is it a problem that they are releasing sets that cover a niche market or just simply don't appeal to you. It's called diversity. Endless generic rehashes of the classic themes would not be boring for sure. 

Plus, more Minecraft micro worlds? Yeah, that is absolutely not niche... 

Finally, I haven't seen even a second from the TV series and still like the set. Bummer.

Edited by inversion
grammar
  • Like 6