Lego 76052 Batman Classic TV Series Batcave Confirmed

jaisonline

I think this set is rather cool.  I would have rather had a Wayne Manor set above and the Batcave below kinda deal (like the Jabba's Palace & Rancor Pit combo), but this will do.  Listen, this is an investor site, but it is also a fan site.  I like this set and the Arkham Asylum as well.  Speaking of the AA, the jury is still out on that set.  Give it some time.  Maybe this new Batcave will stir some interest in the AA.  They both would display very well together.  

• Like 4

This is going to be one of those sets that I hate to love... I really don't want to like it because of how it's built with all those vertical flat pieces, I also don't like the series, and yet I find that it has something which misses from the other batcaves... Well in any case I'm going to be sorting through my pieces to put back together my old batcave even though I fear I might have peeled off the 2face and Joker stickers to use the pieces for something else :/ I have a clear image of them being sticked on a piece of furniture so I'd know where they were but I threw that away with them still on it a few years back :/

59 minutes ago, stackables said:

This show was the worst thing to ever happen to batman.

Sorry dude but that is so wrong on so many levels. It was the first thing to happen to Batman that brought him into the family home. It made him a household name that everybody identified with as opposed to just a comic book kids' hero. It was also maybe the best thing to happen to Batman until 1989 and Michael Keaton.

Edited by mfortunek
  • Like 1

Looks like I ruffled some feathers lol.  Wasn't Batman and Robin the 60's show on the big screen :lol:

Yes, shark repellent and all.

One of my favorite moments of San Diego Comic Con was outside, at the Sharknado "performance" (a bunch of hired performers dancing around in shark costumes outside) and coming across a 60s Batman cosplay "spraying" them with a can of Bat Shark Repellant.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

One of my favorite moments of San Diego Comic Con was outside, at the Sharknado "performance" (a bunch of hired performers dancing around in shark costumes outside) and coming across a 60s Batman cosplay "spraying" them with a can of Bat Shark Repellant.

Omg I'm going to comic con with you this year 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stackables said:

This show was the worst thing to ever happen to batman.

The character of Batman always had an overlaying serious overtone in comparison to other comic book heroes of the time which was some of the original draw to the series. Despite this interest was waning, sales were dropping, and other surrounding issues which eventually led into the creation of the now defunct Comics Code Authority forced DC to make The Bat 'sunnier' ergo the campiness of the TV serial that helped to revitalize not just Batman but the comics industry as a whole immensely. Unfortunately as the show was cancelled, popularity for Batman was lost once again but in a way with the show gone this allowed DC to return the dark knight to his serious roots.

In regards to personal tastes, the 1960s Batman was ridiculously absurd well away from the edginess of the source therefore can be considered the worst interpretation of the grim detective by turning him into a silly ham. Historically though the show was the best thing to ever happen to Batman. For myself, I enjoy the 1960s series but in a different light than the actual character. It's good for a laugh and some kicks but certainly not to be taken serious in the slightest.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Worse than Batman and Robin?

What's interesting is that everyone thought that George Clooney would make a great Batman.  And he did look the part.  But the movie was such  The nipples don't bother me as much as the terribly un-sexy codpieces.  

18 minutes ago, Mathew said:

What's interesting is that everyone thought that George Clooney would make a great Batman.  And he did look the part.  But the movie was such  The nipples don't bother me as much as the terribly un-sexy codpieces.  

So you would prefer sexy codpieces?  Whatever floats your boat I guess.

3 hours ago, stackables said:

Wasn't Batman and Robin the 60's show on the big screen

Coincidently just as the TV show had made Batman more lighthearted for a period, the movie of Batman & Robin was similar in certain aspects as the Warner Brothers studio had pressured Schumacher to make the detective 'more family friendly' than even the prior Batman Forever film because allegedly people were criticizing the first two films under Tim Burton as being 'too dark' hence Schumacher's assistance with Forever and his neon contribution. Unfortunately it took the camp (and bright colors) too far earning a spot in the list of "Worst Films Ever Made". The film was so terrible everyone who worked on it had thought the film "killed" the series (in film) which for a long time was true until Christopher Nolan turned things around with The Dark Knight just as DC did in the aftermath of the TV show back in the day by returning the caped crusader to his rightful heritage.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

For a time, Adam West and Burt Ward voiced Batman & Robin on Superfriends.

They also voiced their TV show counterparts in Filmation's "The New Adventures of Batman" aired 1977. I remember buying the complete series on DVD years ago then the former The Adventures of Batman that was aired concurrently with the live action series. Between the two Filmation animations, I think altogether I prefer the first series over the second despite Adam & Burt reprising their roles in voice for the latter. I guess Bat-Mite may have been a little annoying but I will admit the villain of Professor Bubbles makes me laugh my butt every time he talks. It's friggin' hilarious! :rofl: (Darn, I can't find a clip but imagine doing that thing where you are talking while moving your finger up & down across your lips real fast. Yeah, that's how Professor Bubbles talked.)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brickshopper said:

You can buy the complete tv series on Ebay for about 40 to get ready for the batcave release...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172053503728?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am pumped for this set! Yea the 60's tv series is great my wife bought it for me on Blu-ray for xmas. I dunno if I would risk it not on Blu-ray

I loved it as a kid and now my son wants to watch it all the time!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, inversion said:

Now we just need Batman The Animated Series Batcave with villains and we are done. That cartoon was just as dark as the Christopher Nolan movies LOL. True classic in its own right.

Best animated series ever.  It captures the essence of Batman and his villains while maintaining a PG rating, now that was hard to do.  This series has the best version of Alfred (IMHO).  Also, Harley Quinn started in this series (instead of the comics like other villains). etc etc etc