New seller ratings

Justy6969

Welcome to the 'new world' of eBay seller ratings or should that rip off. I have traded on eBay for 10 years with a 100% or over 99.6% rating during that time. The only defect issues I have faced is having to 2 remove items from sale due to stock unavailability and refunding customers. Now with the new defects score, I am receiving a 'Below Standard' rating by a marginal 0.17%. This now means a 21 day wait for funds to clear from Paypal,higher final value fees,  a lower listing position on eBay for items, and other potential restrictions, although they cannot confirm what they are, but could result in an account suspension.The rest of my performance indicators  are well within tolerance and give 'Above/Top rated' performance. For a smaller Lego trader who needs funds to turnover quickly, it is pretty much a death sentence.As one voice against a huge corporation, my comments whilst noted by a Manager at UK eBay, will not make much difference. I was wondering if other traders have experienced a 'new' lower rating score in last week, and if there is something the community can do to influence?

Edited by Justy6969

The new rating system is pretty much a do whatever you want, as long as you resolve the problem later your fine (a complete reversal of their past restrictions).

It is always best to sell items that you actually have. It could happen on occasion (inventory errors, etc) - but I would expect that it shouldn't happen often enough to have much (if any) impact.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 2

If you have items you have to remove as no stock, when removing the listings, do not select option out of stock as that gives the defect. Select one of the others like its broken. Listing is still removed but no defect. Or just leave it live but massively jack up the price.

On 1/5/2016 at 7:09 AM, Justy6969 said:

Welcome to the 'new world' of eBay seller ratings or should that rip off. I have traded on eBay for 10 years with a 100% or over 99.6% rating during that time. The only defect issues I have faced is having to 2 remove items from sale due to stock unavailability and refunding customers. Now with the new defects score, I am receiving a 'Below Standard' rating by a marginal 0.17%. This now means a 21 day wait for funds to clear from Paypal,higher final value fees,  a lower listing position on eBay for items, and other potential restrictions, although they cannot confirm what they are, but could result in an account suspension.The rest of my performance indicators  are well within tolerance and give 'Above/Top rated' performance. For a smaller Lego trader who needs funds to turnover quickly, it is pretty much a death sentence.As one voice against a huge corporation, my comments whilst noted by a Manager at UK eBay, will not make much difference. I was wondering if other traders have experienced a 'new' lower rating score in last week, and if there is something the community can do to influence?

It's a shame that there isn't a lego marketplace out there that has no seller fees, you get the money instantly and doesn't screw with your head.  It might not have the monstrous traffic that they do, but with your help it will build.

• Like 5

On 1/5/2016 at 6:55 AM, justapilgrim said:

Meh, Amazon has higher fees, and have to wait for funds

Yeah and their defect system is a lot more difficult to keep up with and make sense of. My ebay ratings are still all spectacular, of course I have never canceled a single order.