MINIFIGURE BOOK: SITE CONTEST

Ed Mack

Eh, I just finished up my space shot, figures. I do have a couple Toy Story shots, but they're just alright. I'm going to submit the images so you can get them to the publisher, but I'll have to submit a release form when my brother and I are both home and can get to it, probably this weekend. I hope that's alright. 

The Friends shot we got stinks. I'll submit it anyways. We've got most of the Lego Movie sets (yay for clearance prices) and a ton of Friends minidolls, so if you're still looking for those this weekend I can put something together. If you have any ideas or specific requests, please let us know and we can see what we can do.

Never got any Monster Fighter sets, sadly. The Elves shot we got is pretty dang awesome, though maybe a bit dark.

12 minutes ago, Flanagan Bros Inc said:

Eh, I just finished up my space shot, figures. I do have a couple Toy Story shots, but they're just alright. I'm going to submit the images so you can get them to the publisher, but I'll have to submit a release form when my brother and I are both home and can get to it, probably this weekend. I hope that's alright. 

The Friends shot we got stinks. I'll submit it anyways. We've got most of the Lego Movie sets (yay for clearance prices) and a ton of Friends minidolls, so if you're still looking for those this weekend I can put something together. If you have any ideas or specific requests, please let us know and we can see what we can do.

Never got any Monster Fighter sets, sadly. The Elves shot we got is pretty dang awesome, though maybe a bit dark.

Send what you have.  The Space shot can be used if better than what we have.  We have a good one, but you never know.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Well, I feel kind of like a dolt. By friends/princesses/elves did you mean all in one shot? I thought about doing all in one but I didn't think about the possibility that that's what you meant. I think this weekend I'll try to do some themed one character shots of princess and friends, like the elves one I did, and turn them into a collage if need be.

2 minutes ago, Flanagan Bros Inc said:

I submitted Friends themed, Princess themed, Lego movie themed and Chima themed shots over the weekend. I hope it's not too late and they're still of use. It'll probably be our last batch unless you have a quick easy shot you need. 

You still have time.  There are many other chapters they can work on.  Thanks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I can't wait to see it.  November 7th seems a long ways off.  

Did you get to choose your own grumpy old man photo for the cover?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello...

They are putting together a couple of sample chapters and setup for Barnes and Noble for a possible end cap display for the XMAS season.  Other than that, we don't really know anything.  We will get a rough copy which we make corrections and add blurb and callouts to sometime in the next month or so.  We are out of the loop at this point unless they have a question, so we have no idea what pictures they chose to use.  Ed

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

The book is almost done.  The designer is finishing it up.  I had to go over the entire book the last several weeks and add callouts/blurbs/dialog and Jeff had to get the photographers bios together and locate some images.  It looks really nice.  A lot of dynamite pictures to choose from.  Very creative.  I wish we had more pages because some fantastic photos won't make the cut.  We should be able to see the finished pages on screen in a week or two to see who stood out photographer wise.  

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

It's too bad we didn't have the summer to shoot some photos My brother was just a photographer at the airshow in Oshkosh, Wisconsin and I could have sent some minifigures with him for some very interesting shots. As it is I kept the rarer minifigs safe at home and gave him an Emmet, whom I have plenty of, to play around with.

13776038_10153677477911835_1688616441285707159_n.jpg

Would have made for some really fun photos. 

• Like 1