How the QFLL crushed my Lego dreams

Poly 30286

12 minutes ago, Crustybeaver said:

So he's clearing the shelves of sets 10% off the retail price? I love the way he's all c0cky and full of himself, all for a couple of bucks profit here and there.

Don't anyone tell him that after the 10% off @ TRU, he's 30¢ over list...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

True. But at the same time, those days do come. If you missed out this time, it will happen again. I know I would feel the same whether I bought big yesterday or had already used my budget for the month prior to yesterday. I'd feel the same if I blew through my budget yesterday and didn't have anything left over for this weekend.

The point I'm trying to make for anyone that missed out yesterday is that other opportunities will arise, so if you didn't have the ability to participate yesterday you'll get another chance some other time.

That's what I tell myself when I miss out -- there will always be another opportunity.

11 minutes ago, ebelle122 said:

How are you guys still in this thread? I am over the xmas poly, but if I can't get my new Frozen sets next week...

Anything can happen when a thread gets derailed... next thing we know raven will have some brilliant meme to post, trek will be here with some poetry or ex1 with some corn dog coupon! ;)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, ebelle122 said:

Oddly enough, this all started because I thought I'd rather buy myself a coffee than a poly

<coffee is not food>

hehe, that might just derail this once and for all. But now you know, always buy LEGO first and then see if you have some spare change left for lunch or to put gas in your car! Left turns are expensive!

1 hour ago, Crustybeaver said:

So he's clearing the shelves of sets 10% off the retail price? I love the way he's all c0cky and full of himself, all for a couple of bucks profit here and there.

LOL...I will never be able to get back the two minutes I wasted watching this video..  He gets 10% off a set that TRU is charging $16.99 for?  That is more than the MSRP!  Maybe he should try Target next time with a Red Card.  

LOL...I will never be able to get back the two minutes I wasted watching this video..  He gets 10% off a set that TRU is charging $16.99 for?  That is more than the MSRP!  Maybe he should try Target next time with a Red Card.  

Watch the other vids of his buys. He's not that thrifty.

19 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Speed Champions is a TRU exclusive so its TRU or shop at home.  Personally, I'd rather buy them at the lego store or online and get some promos and VIP.  I certainly wouldn't make a video of it and think was cool enough to put on the web.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

Watch the other vids of his buys. He's not that thrifty.

I watched a couple videos on his YouTube channel and came to the conclusion that I don't like him.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, cladner said:

Speed Champions is a TRU exclusive so its TRU or shop at home.  Personally, I'd rather buy them at the lego store or online and get some promos and VIP.  I certainly wouldn't make a video of it and think was cool enough to put on the web.  

Good point on the TRU exclusive.  I guess you can tell I haven't been stocking up on the Speed Champions.

8 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Good point on the TRU exclusive.  I guess you can tell I haven't been stocking up on the Speed Champions.

I have :)

I love the Ferrari trademark stickers on the boxes.

I guess I should have been filming all the excitement.

I seriously doubt the person bought the sets.  No purchase video is complete without the token stupid questions/comments from the checkout clerk (typically "SOMEONE must like LEGOssss")

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1