BP Member MOCs & MODs

Locutus001

• 2 months later...
Guest brickcrazyhouse

That's the one sci-fi show I never got into, I had to look them up. Well done sir. 

cylon_raider_mk_i_ortho__update__by_unusualsuspex-d76bj7j.jpg

edit: incorrect pic removed

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

For an upcoming blog I'm in the process of building all models featured in the manual + on the box of vintage classic Lego set 8040.

10 out of 11 models have been finalized and I must say it's been a real treat. 

I decided to try to make something new from the parts found in set 8040 and came up with this stretched limo:

It has pneumatic opening and closing slide door, shifting lever linked to the opening / closing mechanism... plus of course a sliding (opening & closing) privacy shutter. 

I know this isn't the exactly the most future-affecting MOC ever built but I sure had fun creating it and it was a challenge to be limited to those specific 162 parts the set has. 

• Like 2

Guest brickcrazyhouse
27 minutes ago, Roy vd M. said:

I sure had fun creating it 

most important part of LEGO and life. looking forward to the blog

• 3 weeks later...

Something I've been working on for a little while. Visited this site in real life and have always loved it. It's more or less complete unless anyone can throw me some suggestions for details etc. I was fooling around with mixing up the colours between tan and dark tan for some variety. I'd like to do the cobblestone thing for the second tier platform, but the round tiles don't really exist in tan. That's the one part that sort of sticks out, is how flat and glossy that platform will be. So that you don't have to attempt to count, it's 2.5 modulars wide at 80 studs long.  

Pont.jpg

• Like 4

Went and tried out that Blue Render app. Very cool stuff. I ran into a problem with my MOC; the 1x4x5 arches only come in light tan, and the 1x2 masrony bricks only in dark tan. I wanted the masonry brick effect, but I didn't like the blocky chunks of different colours. Went in and did some plate bricking, I think the effect is much nicer, but still not sure I'm satisfied with it. The renderer really makes it look pretty though! Projected cost via BrickOwl: $550 CAD for 1843 pieces. :(

20160229_pont-du-gard.thumb.jpg.72444dc7

And back around the time I joined up, I was working on reverse engineering a MOC I'd seen online. Tried getting in touch with the creator to no luck, so went into LDD and built my own. Pics were posted before this thread existed, but I fired off a render of it today for fun; probably lots of new users who never saw this. As more work gets done to BluePrint for Mac, I'd be happy to generate instructions for this little guy when it's ready if anyone was interested. Happy to share my .lxf as well. Comes in at 298 pieces, and is quite a fun micro build with some neat techniques. 

56d3ac3d389f6_HelmsDeepMicro.thumb.jpg.5

Edited by Zelgazra
  • Like 7

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, brickelements said:

Here are a couple of ships I am working on.  I still have a few minor mods to make on the black ship and quite a few to make on the red ship. 

Your pictures do not come through for me - shows a placeholder with a No Entry sign in it. Somehow at least 4 others have seen your pics as they liked your post. Anything you could do to make the pictures reappear? Curious as to what you have built!

5 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Your pictures do not come through for me - shows a placeholder with a No Entry sign in it. Somehow at least 4 others have seen your pics as they liked your post. Anything you could do to make the pictures reappear? Curious as to what you have built!

....so...it's not me. I can't see them either

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 1:05 PM, brickelements said:

Here are a couple of ships I am working on.  I still have a few minor mods to make on the black ship and quite a few to make on the red ship. 

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

....so...it's not me. I can't see them either

Strange, now I cannot view them either. All I see is the little [X] box followed by some random numbers & letters.

Sure thing.  Just looked up some pics of it.  Captain Hooks ship looks a bit stubby.  The colors fit what I have...other than trying to use Dk red instead of red.

Looks like a fun project.  Give me a month.  I will do my best to come up with a Lego-fied version of it.

Keep in mind I try to Lego-fy it.  What the heck does that mean.  To me, it represents what Lego might produce if they took a shot at it.  Not necessarily trying be photo accurate just lego it up.  Keep the colors consistent, I will have to reduce the number of windows on the back of the cabin area.  Fitting 6 rounded windows is not an option at that width.  Unless you stagger them which leave you with an uneven surface.  This should be a fun project.

Anyone want to donate Dk red pieces?

I have plenty of red striped sails to utilize.

I have plenty of pirates.  I doubt I have the biggest collection of Lego vintage pirates but it is up there.

I do have "a few" of the pIrate chess sets in stock.

I may have to tear down a Black Pearl or dismantle the large black ship to use the hull pieces.  I have zero black hull pieces that are not already obligated to other sets/builds.

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2016 at 5:42 PM, exciter1 said:

I've posted a few sneak preview pics of these before, but they may finally be done after several months of Bricklinking, MOD'ing, and tweaking.  The Cylon Raider is pretty much a UCS size set and is massive & heavy.

2 ships from the classic Battlestar Galactica TV Series

Classic Cylon Raider - 1820 pieces
Viper Mark II - 325 pieces

That is one hell of a build, love tha ship, how long did this take from start to finish?

3 hours ago, TugaBricks said:

That is one hell of a build, love tha ship, how long did this take from start to finish?

I didn't sit down and do it all in one sitting.  I broke it up into several nights.  It was well over 15hrs with all the sorting and hunting for pieces.

If you were organized ahead of time, I'm sure it's a 10-12 hr build.