40138 - Holiday Train

Loghamel

Are there thoughts about whether the train or the gingerbread house later this year will be more valuable long-term? I am aware of double-VIP right now, but I am looking at spending points, so that doesn't play a role for me.

Edited by 10230

Are there thoughts about whether the train or the gingerbread house later this year will be more valuable long-term? I am aware of double-VIP right now, but I am looking at spending points, so that doesn't play a role for me.

I would guess the gingerbread. There will be a shorter window to get it. It's more unique too.

• Like 1

I am astounded how substantial this freebie is.  I can't imagine this doesn't get $25-30 for the rest of the year and $40-50 next year. combining that with the 10%ish double VIP discount, potentially a 40-50% discount depending on your hold period if you factor things this way.

• Like 1

luckily only 1 of the 4 I got today was smashed but that one's the lucky one who gets to live with us forever :)

2 out 9 Turkey Feast/Dinner order filler's were also squished.

doc mcstuffin's duplos and the duplo "modular" play house - not a scratch.  i think the duplo boxes are extra thick or something.

Edited by cladner

I received my first one today with a TOO.  Box smashed from the bubbles they put on top of it and smashed the box down on it.  I'm sure it will still go for a good penny next year.

I have 2 orders on the FedEx truck for delivery; a ToO with free train and Santa's Workshop/3 Thanksgiving Feasts with free train.  Here's to hoping the trains and Thanksgiving Feasts will not come smashed.  I will post the verdict when I receive them later today 

I have 2 orders on the FedEx truck for delivery; a ToO with free train and Santa's Workshop/3 Thanksgiving Feasts with free train.  Here's to hoping the trains and Thanksgiving Feasts will not come smashed.  I will post the verdict when I receive them later today 

I had a toy shop come in and below it was 3 feasts and 1 train. They were all ok.

I just got a train with a ToO. A little dinged but barely worth mentioning.

I am really impressed with the train. I expected the box to be the same size as last years promos. This thing is huge for a freebie! Feel the need to get a couple more. Started with a santas workshop/darth order and will hit the mall store later. 

I just got a train with a ToO. A little dinged but barely worth mentioning.

I am really impressed with the train. I expected the box to be the same size as last years promos. This thing is huge for a freebie! Feel the need to get a couple more. Started with a santas workshop/darth order and will hit the mall store later. 

I am impressed as well.  Great little set for a free promo.

doc mcstuffin's duplos and the duplo "modular" play house - not a scratch.  i think the duplo boxes are extra thick or something.

Off topic but anyone ever notice how unusually thick and sturdy Pampers diaper boxes are? If you ever need to ship free weights or gold bars or something, those are the boxes to use.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DadsAFOL said:

Still available on US site, and the last two seasonal vignettes are up.  Limit 5 each.  No more double VIP, but the train still makes it an excellent deal.

Thanks!  i had to search for them by set # - not seeing them under the "Seasonal"  category.  

Expecting these to poof quickly.

Used VIP points so they were free and got another holiday train to boot.  

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1