40138 - Holiday Train

Loghamel

Guest TabbyBoy

Does anyone know if 40138 will be available in the UK? We currently have 2xVIP but, not a promo to go with it unless I'm missing something. I no longer buy in quantity, just the occasional set for my collection and for gifts. However, if a little gem like Mars Rover or RI ever pops up, I'm all in , head first!

Does anyone know if 40138 will be available in the UK? We currently have 2xVIP but, not a promo to go with it unless I'm missing something. I no longer buy in quantity, just the occasional set for my collection and for gifts. However, if a little gem like Mars Rover or RI ever pops up, I'm all in , head first!

Brickset says it will be available Oct 22 in EU Aussie and Asia

Just sold all four of mine at $29.99 each (shipped).  I don't like wasting my time "making boxes", but I really didn't have anything that would fit this one well, for First Class shipping.  So I found a quick mod I could do to a standard 6x6x6 Walmart Duck box ($0.47 ea)... it doesn't take too long and fits perfectly.  Weighs just under 11 oz, packed and ready to go.  BTW, the UPC on this one is 673419 232074.

Not sure if there's any interest but... seems a lot of sellers using canned web images... I took some photos of mine.  PayPal me $1, and I'll be glad to email you your own unique photos - 2 images, front and back, 1200 x 1600 pixels, not "professional quality", but better than 90% of eBay photos. :)

img_4628.jpg

img_4629.jpg

img_4630.jpg

• Like 3

Guest TabbyBoy

Brickset says it will be available Oct 22 in EU Aussie and Asia

Thanks, I'll wait until then and get 2xVIP also at it runs from 14-31OCT in the UK. Not sure what to buy but, I have a lot of points still to use up.

Wow these are getting $30 shipped? That's great. I guess the flood has not hit yet. 

There were 3 listings yesterday, with the low Buy It Now of $37 when I listed mine.  Then, throughout the day it was a race to the bottom, with a few going for $28 or so. Now 31 listings with lowest at $29.50.  Some of you guys might be right... these could be $40 or $50 at Christmas time... but my general policy on promos has always been "get-it-listed-and-get-it-gone", so I dumped 'em.

• Like 2

There were 3 listings yesterday, with the low Buy It Now of $37 when I listed mine.  Then, throughout the day it was a race to the bottom, with a few going for $28 or so. Now 31 listings with lowest at $29.50.  Some of you guys might be right... these could be $40 or $50 at Christmas time... but my general policy on promos has always been "get-it-listed-and-get-it-gone", so I dumped 'em.

I consider $29.99 $30...I'm just not taking anything less. I think this is the best promo in awhile...

• Like 1

Anyone else having problems with Lego trying to charge you for the train?  It keeps on ringing up as 9.99

When I got mine yesterday at the retail store, they scanned the train and it rang up as 9.99 and then 9.99 automatically got deducted it from the total. 

Is it showing 9.99 online?

When I got mine yesterday at the retail store, they scanned the train and it rang up as 9.99 and then 9.99 automatically got deducted it from the total. 

Is it showing 9.99 online?

Meanwhile, didn't the website claim this was a $4.99 item yesterday with the 1 per household disclaimer...?

Guest TabbyBoy

I hear City and Star Wars Episode 1-3 sets are where the money is.

Somebody on here may actually believe that. I did when I first got started and paid dearly.

Crap movies = crap sets

Guest TabbyBoy

It´s where all Tabby´s money is :P

TBH... About £5k of it is and I'd be lucky to get most of that back even after 50% discounts. But, I've done very well since making that mistake.

Most of my money is now in items where box condition doesn't matter.