LEGO sale going on at Amazon

hollywdbri

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were even cheaper to Canada! Arrived in beautiful boxes, 5 Vampyre Castles, @ 72.50 each. I was overjoyed. The Mine and the Passenger Train are pretty decent deals they still have going on (at least to Canada)

The Passenger Train was $119 (USD) from Amazon.co.uk just a few weeks back. I wish I had picked up a couple but I passed since it looks like this set is coming back in stock at LEGO Shop at Home soon.

Don't forget that a lot of CC companies charge on foreign purchases. There are plenty that don't, but the fees can be as high as 3%. Also, in case anyone is looking to pick up a few, Amazon UK has the retired seaplane for 8.49 ($13.34 US). Over retail, but still under recent ebay sold items. Also picked up Technic 9396 for $88 US, which is about 26% off retail. Not great, but LEGO shows it as hard to find and Amazon doesn't have it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My second order of Vampyre Castles came today [6 days late, ordered on Feb. 13]. Box was sooo bad, but items were only mildly damaged inside. Still zero internal packing material, I am never ordering from that arm of Amazon again. Check out how the box arrived. There is no chance I am going to return this lot for a replacement like the last - the replacement box from that first order arrived just as bad as its predecessor.

i received mine today too, the shipping box looks exactly the same

did you try asking for an extra discount? i never asked but all 5 vampire castles came crushed, so im thinking it would be great if i could ask for a discount

I would call their customer service for a discount. Generally, if you are polite to them, they will be polite to you. Amazon customer service is pretty good usually at giving their customers generous refunds. Who knows? The total refund could cover the cost of one of the Vampire Castles!

I ordered a MF Vamp Castle and Hearse last week. The Hearse arrived in the same box as an order of Kureig K-Cups. Of course, the Hearse's box was damaged from the K-Cups. The castle arrived in it's own box but was poorly packed (I would rate the box a 7 out of 10). I didn't feel like mailing the items back after amazon offered me a 15% partial refund. I'll probably give both to my son. I don't get it. Amazon's own Yoyo.com mailed me a perfect Vamp Castle and other lego sets. They packed the items perfectly. However, Amazon can't do the this.

Guest AnnexBrett

My second order of Vampyre Castles came today [6 days late, ordered on Feb. 13]. Box was sooo bad, but items were only mildly damaged inside. Still zero internal packing material, I am never ordering from that arm of Amazon again.

Check out how the box arrived. There is no chance I am going to return this lot for a replacement like the last - the replacement box from that first order arrived just as bad as its predecessor.

Mine are on the way! So shall I start worry about it? :( as I posted in another thread, I received worse ghost trains from a local department store which was shipped from the other side of the city! They just don't care...