75827 - Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters

P_R_Rice

Did anyone see this? A ghostbusters HQ set is rumored to be coming in 2016.

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-ghostbusters-firehouse-hq-75827-coming-in-2016/

LEGO Ghostbusters fans are in for a real treat next year! Over on YouTube, Just2Good – one of the most reliable sources when it comes to early LEGO set news – has states that there will be a LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ set coming in 2016!

According to him, the set’s number will be 75827 and it will contain a whopping 4,600 pieces! Obviously, with such a high number of pieces comes a high price to pay. Just2Good stated that the Firehouse HQ will retail for a total of $350.00 USD. As for the release date, we should see this bad boy hitting the shelves on January 1st, 2016.

In regards to the actual set, we still dont know the finer details. We don’t know exactly which minifigures will be included, however, we do know that it will be based off the original film rather than the new movie that’s coming out next year.

Though details are lacking, I’m pretty sure many of you are quite hyped for this new set. As always, we should expect more details to come out the closer we get to the month of January. Perhaps, we might even get an early tease/look at the set at this year’s New York Comic Con which is going to be held between October 8-11.

• Like 4

http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-ghostbusters-firehouse-hq-75827-coming-in-2016/

LEGO Ghostbusters fans are in for a real treat next year! Over on YouTube, Just2Good – one of the most reliable sources when it comes to early LEGO set news – has states that there will be a LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse HQ set coming in 2016!

According to him, the set’s number will be 75827 and it will contain a whopping 4,600 pieces! Obviously, with such a high number of pieces comes a high price to pay. Just2Good stated that the Firehouse HQ will retail for a total of $350.00 USD. As for the release date, we should see this bad boy hitting the shelves on January 1st, 2016.

In regards to the actual set, we still dont know the finer details. We don’t know exactly which minifigures will be included, however, we do know that it will be based off the original film rather than the new movie that’s coming out next year.

Though details are lacking, I’m pretty sure many of you are quite hyped for this new set. As always, we should expect more details to come out the closer we get to the month of January. Perhaps, we might even get an early tease/look at the set at this year’s New York Comic Con which is going to be held between October 8-11.

So psyched!

Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 1

funny how lego IDEAS downed the project and now are making it themselves NOT to pay the original designer royalty fees... same with helicarrier

• Like 7

From The Brick Fan:

LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters (75827) Rumored for January 2016

Posted on September 18, 2015 by Allen "Tormentalous" Tran

GhostbustersHQ.jpg

There’s some huge news/rumors coming from Just2Good this morning. He has noted that there are some “very reliable sources” saying that we’ll be getting a direct-to-consumer LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters (75827) on January 1, 2016. The set will be over 4,600 pieces and retail at $350. The set will be able to open up to see the interior details and such. J2G also mentioned that this set will be based on the original Ghostbusters films and not for the upcoming movie with the female crew. Finally, he mentions there will be a modular set planned for next near and the the firehouse isn’t a replacement for it.

As we all know by now, there have been some Ghostbusters Firehouse sets that weren’t approved to become official sets on LEGO Ideas but we did get the LEGO Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (21108)ir?t=lifeoftorme-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B00JRCB3. Additionally, we are also getting some LEGO Dimensionsir?t=lifeoftorme-20&l=ur2&o=1 expansion packs so we do know that LEGO does have a license to create Ghostbusters products.

Again, this is all speculation but Just2Good has proven that he is a reliable source of upcoming sets. If you’ve been holding off on getting the LEGO Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (21108)ir?t=lifeoftorme-20&l=as2&o=1&a=B00JRCB3, I suggest you pick one up soon to go along with the new LEGO Ghostbusters Firehouse Headquarters (75827) since he didn’t mention the set coming with one. Sound off in the comments if you’re getting one if it actually becomes a set.

Note: The image above is not the set. It is from Brent Waller when he provided the instructions for his version of the firehouse.

- See more at: http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-ghostbusters-firehouse-headquarters-75827-rumored-for-january-2016/#sthash.8MrJQFLl.dpuf
Edited by dcdfan
  • Like 2

I'm not so sure.... 4,600 piece set based on a 30 year old (admittedly awesome) film, for $350?  Making it the third largest Lego set ever.... I will be a little surprised if this set is 4,600 pieces.  I think the over/under bet is on half that amount (2,300). I'll take the under.

I've always believed 21108 was the most sold Ideas set & if it is, I wouldn't be surprised by a $350 price tag. Piece count would probably be about 3500 though...

Edited by dcdfan

I'm not so sure.... 4,600 piece set based on a 30 year old (admittedly awesome) film, for $350?  Making it the third largest Lego set ever.... I will be a little surprised if this set is 4,600 pieces.  I think the over/under bet is on half that amount (2,300). I'll take the under.

I was thinking the same thing. Ghostbusters is not popular enough for such a big set.

I cannot imagine at this pricepoint there won't be an ecto-1 included. So another dillemma lego is giving us. 

If it does not include an ecto-1 and 21108 will retire at the end of the year it will be pure gold.  

funny how lego IDEAS downed the project and now are making it themselves NOT to pay the original designer royalty fees... same with helicarrier

Yeah... that is something I do not understand. Maybe they gave the person who designed it a one time pay for the idea.  

• Like 1

I agree.  I'd be so pissed if I was the designer.  They would have to prove this was in the works prior to my IDEA submission for me not to sue them if I was the designer.

Don't forget, 30 year old movie is being remade.  

Edited by pickleboy

This 100%.  Either way, the release of Ghostbusters HQ will damper the growth of 21108

Hmm, if they want to maximise profits they don´t bundle Ecto with the station and they extend the product life as not everyone can afford the HQ and the car. Ching ching for the designer!

This news, if confirmed, puts a new spin on how Ecto will do. Have any other sets that were released individually been incorporated into other sets later? I´m thinking SW 3 in 1 packs and TRU bundles but anything else???

I agree.  I'd be so pissed if I was the designer.  They would have to prove this was in the works prior to my IDEA submission for me not to sue them if I was the designer.

Don't forget, 30 year old movie is being remade.  

1. If this is happening, we have no idea if the designer was paid or not paid for the idea.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was an NDA in place long before this, and payout to the designer already.  I'm sure there's some sort of language in the Ideas submission process to cover this.

2. Movie is being remade, so there's going to be some extra push on the franchise in 2016.  You can't argue that Ecto-1 isn't a popular set, so it makes a lot of sense if this does happen.

• Like 1