"Please contact Customer Service"

Brickson

Question

People are now getting banned outside the US.  Buying five of this set in particular could cause red flags to be raised.  It is an awesome set that will be highly sought after this Holiday season.  Plus, why would a person need five of these sets unless they were being resold?  A giant MOC?  Doubt it.  Five kids?  Really!?!  LOL

I just got banned from LEGO Shop at Home 2 days ago.  I called to ask why, they said I was suspected as being a reseller.  I hadn't really even been buying more than 2 of anything.  Is there a way around it?  Anyone know what exactly is banned?  Is it my IP, my home address, my name, my credit card?  Any suggestions on the best way around it?

I just got banned from LEGO Shop at Home 2 days ago.  I called to ask why, they said I was suspected as being a reseller.  I hadn't really even been buying more than 2 of anything.  Is there a way around it?  Anyone know what exactly is banned?  Is it my IP, my home address, my name, my credit card?  Any suggestions on the best way around it?

For us who are hammer adverse, can you let us know what you did 2 days ago that triggered this? 

Edited by thegooch49
wording

Here's  good thread to read through for lots of info on bans:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9997-lego-bans-open-discussion/?page=16#comment-496442

I've been banned now for a few months. Like you i didn't see any red flags myself, but they saw something obviously. I never bothered calling because i am a re-seller after all :P As for what exactly is banned; I've yet to determine that (there seems to be discrepancies between each order they cancel/let through). However i have made many purchases after my "ban" with some pretty good success rates so far (albeit on different accounts). Not everything gets through, but enough.

• Like 2

For us who are hammer adverse, can you let us know what you did 2 days ago that triggered this? 

They had been cancelling my orders without notice. I called, they didn't know but said the review team kicked it out as a safety measure to protect me against fraud.  Then I emailed after 3rd cancellation and asked them to check with the "review team" and then contact me as to why my orders were being cancelled.  The following day I got an email saying they don't sell to business owners/retailers and my order has been cancelled and all future orders will be cancelled.  Orders that were cancelled...Order #1 of 1 Palace, Order #2 of 2 Toy shop, 1 grievous, 1 vader, Order #3 of 2 Pet shop.

Here's  good thread to read through for lots of info on bans:

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/9997-lego-bans-open-discussion/?page=16#comment-496442

I've been banned now for a few months. Like you i didn't see any red flags myself, but they saw something obviously. I never bothered calling because i am a re-seller after all :P As for what exactly is banned; I've yet to determine that (there seems to be discrepancies between each order they cancel/let through). However i have made many purchases after my "ban" with some pretty good success rates so far (albeit on different accounts). Not everything gets through, but enough.

Thanks for the info!!  I'll check out that thread.  I assume I'll have to change my IP and create a new account.  But first... I forwarded my correspondence to several Sr. VPs at corporate and explained that I'm not a reseller and I'm shocked that you'd do this to a good customer, blah blah blah.  We'll see if that goes anywhere, lol.  Probably not, but my email didn't get kicked back, so I'm pretty sure I had the addresses correct.