How many retail locations are in your "immediate" area?

Alpinemaps

Here's a fun little game.  How many retail locations are located in your immediate area?  You define it however you want to, but my thinking is, where do you go to buy Lego on a regular basis?  Not a road trip, but, if you're heading out from work, or heading home, what stores can you easily get to?  For example, I live about 40 minutes north of the nearest Lego store, so I don't consider it in my immediate area.  I wouldn't throw Walgreens or any other place that you hit once in a blue moon.  But, Target, TRU, B&N, Fry's, Meijer or any other retail location you can think of.

Here's my breakdown:

B&N: 3
Walmart: 8
TRU: 3
Target: 8
Fry's: 1
Legoland: 1 (LL California)
Ross: 7

Grand total:  31 stores!

Yikes, I didn't even realize it was that many.  But yes, there are 31 different locations in my immediate area that I check for Lego deals at.  How do you stack up?

1 TRU

3 WM

2 Target

1 B&N

5 Shopko

1 Mom & Pop

Two Meijers are rumored to be coming within the next 12-15 months. I hope they do after reading about all of the huge clearance hauls some of our members get there. 

I can pretty much double, if not a little more, all of my store counts if I travel within a thirty mile radius from my house. We had 1 Kmart but they went under last summer. The closest lego store is 90 miles away. The past two years I find myself buying less from local retailers and more from online since I have been gradually transitioning away from small sets and more into exclusives. Once in awhile I'll grab a few targeted smalls if they hit a good clearance sale.

Edited by terrymc4677

i think a more important question is how many resellers are in our immediate areas? ha

Here's a fun little game.  How many retail locations are located in your immediate area?  You define it however you want to, but my thinking is, where do you go to buy Lego on a regular basis?  Not a road trip, but, if you're heading out from work, or heading home, what stores can you easily get to?  For example, I live about 40 minutes north of the nearest Lego store, so I don't consider it in my immediate area.  I wouldn't throw Walgreens or any other place that you hit once in a blue moon.  But, Target, TRU, B&N, Fry's, Meijer or any other retail location you can think of.

Here's my breakdown:

B&N: 3
Walmart: 8
TRU: 3
Target: 8
Fry's: 1
Legoland: 1 (LL California)
Ross: 7

Grand total:  31 stores!

Yikes, I didn't even realize it was that many.  But yes, there are 31 different locations in my immediate area that I check for Lego deals at.  How do you stack up?

Two Wal-Marts and one Target. I used to have a Kmart but that closed a year ago. I also have a Five Below with a Ross and Marshalls nearby. I mention those last two because some people have found clearance LEGO sometimes and one time I did find a couple things at Marshalls although not really on sale and it was stuff I already had or did not want anyway like DUPLO. Nearest Toys R Us or LEGO Store are wicked far away as in a road trip.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

i think a more important question is how many resellers are in our immediate areas? ha

lets see on here that I know of: EMAZERS, hxckid, hollman, micbelt and at least two others whos name escapes me.  but 2 lego stores and a handful of wallyworlds and targets

Edited by brickcrazyhouse

2 Lego stores

1 LDC

13 TRU

~45 Targets (I'm near most on a more or less monthly basis - the stock tracker is a godsend!)

Not going to count the Walmarts, sorry...

I have an odd work schedule and drive around a bit anyway, so there are a great number of retail locations that are not "out of the way" at some point or another.

And as I stated in the Target thread, this year is much tougher than last in terms of lack of clearance Lego being left on the shelves... but that's good because it helps me stay conservative. :)

• Like 2

Let's see, considering Renton, Kent and part of Bellevue. These are areas I frequent for non-Lego reasons. I'm not counting Ross, Fry's, or Kmart as I never regularly hit those up for Lego (those are "blue moon" locations for me). And, god, Kmart is just depressing to go into anyway.

Target: 4

TRU: 2

Lego Store: 2

Walmart: 2

Fred Meyer: 3

B&N: 1

Total: 14

And as I stated in the Target thread, this year is much tougher than last in terms of lack of clearance Lego being left on the shelves... but that's good because it helps me stay conservative. :)

I've felt this way too. Struck out at several targets with little left at others. No major LEGO hauls! But yeah, not necessarily a bad thing. I do have four Goofy plushes and untold massive quantities of small Hello Kitty plushes though. Lol.

Edited by minicoopers11

I'm in Jersey and they like to cram as much as they can in this state do I'd say (I'm not including stores in Manhattan as I don't really go there to shop) 4 Lego stores 10+ Targets (2 in my town alone) 10+ Walmarts, 7+ BN, 7 + TRU But I have all 5 within 10 minutes of me and my property tax bill is adjusted to reflect this benefit.