Fire at the Legoland Malaysia

Oh I don't know... looking at the second picture... the size of the small trees nearby... it looks like a nice sized "bonfire", but nothing a few people with garden hoses couldn't handle.  Also being a night photo, the fire probably looks larger than it really is.

Oh I don't know... looking at the second picture... the size of the small trees nearby... it looks like a nice sized "bonfire", but nothing a few people with garden hoses couldn't handle.  Also being a night photo, the fire probably looks larger than it really is.

Those trees behind the fire are about 20 feet high, and the fire is above that.  I would say the burning area is close to 50 feet in either direction from the corner of the street. Though it does say the park staff put it out before the fire department goth there, but I suspect they have more than just garden hoses available for this kind of thing.  but the real question is what the heck causes an outdoor lego display to go up in flames like that?   if the description is correct that is around here  https://thriftytraveller.wordpress.com/2012/12/26/miniland-legoland-malaysia/ which is all just lego blocks and some grass...

if abs is really that flameable it kinda makes you rethink your storage options...

Edited by jay4e

Probably electrical if any of the models have any lighting fixtures or there are lights located in the general area. Chemically, Lego bricks are fully capable of burning under certain circumstances (A fire could have started from an electrical issue, and spread to the bricks which would then burn for example) so that would fit. 

if abs is really that flameable it kinda makes you rethink your storage options...

Yeah exactly, bricks will burn not just simply melt, but you`de need some kind of ignition source to get them cooking.